Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm quite aware of that but my post was in reference to how snowflakes of this generation are being offended by "Chinese Alan" and trying to get it taken off tv
And I’ve already said that I think that’s Sun bollocks to stir people up against the people who are quite rightly trying to get offensive material off our screens. So I don’t buy it. I haven’t seen any mention of those issues anywhere on social media.

I've seen a few things on Twitter complaining about Chinese Alan and referencing Robert Mugabe. Along with the people who took offence to the fact they sang the word "faggot" in a Christmas song, that was written in 1987.

Reactions: 1
The faggot story was big news at Christmas. I stand corrected if you’ve seen things as I couldn’t see anything at all when I looked - only Tweets referring to the Sun story, mostly by people with Union Jacks on their profile.

I've seen a few things on Twitter complaining about Chinese Alan and referencing Robert Mugabe. Along with the people who took offence to the fact they sang the word "faggot" in a Christmas song, that was written in 1987.
They also talked about the Chinese Alan reference on Good Morning Britain.

It was posted on this thread though! The Sun story ran on 11 June, at which point Twitter began to talk about it. I can find nothing at all on the subject of G&S racism (plenty about Fairytale of New York) until that story is published.

I bloody love Gavin and Stacey, I’d love them to do a new series, hopefully they’ve been writing one in lockdown 😉
As for the supposed racism I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous. It’ll be that rag the sun tit stirring.
I rewatched them all in lockdown, it never gets old. I’d love to do the tour but don’t think anyone would go with me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I bloody love Gavin and Stacey, I’d love them to do a new series, hopefully they’ve been writing one in lockdown 😉
As for the supposed racism I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous. It’ll be that rag the sun tit stirring.
I rewatched them all in lockdown, it never gets old. I’d love to do the tour but don’t think anyone would go with me 😂
I've been to Barry and visited all the places. It is fun and a nice day out if the weathers right

Reactions: 2
Hi guys, I’m so glad I’ve found this thread!

Gavin and Stacey was my fave fave show 10 years ago when I moved from Swansea to Bristol and everyone said I sound like Joanna page(who’s also a Swansea girl 😀) I had a friend at college who bought me the First Christmas Special and wrapped it in tinfoil.

I’ve just finished a rewatch of all the episodes on iPlayer and nothing comes close to that show in my eyes ❤ It’s just got everything and more, it’s so well written and acted.

ive got a couple of tenuous connections to G&S as it goes!

- The actor who plays Dave coaches, his sister was my English teacher

- My mum met Oscar (baby Neil) last summer through her work and he’d just finished filming the Christmas special. Apparently there was no swearing allowed in front of the children but James Corden went and woke Mat Horne up from a nap in his trailer and Mat screamed the F word 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hi guys, I’m so glad I’ve found this thread!

Gavin and Stacey was my fave fave show 10 years ago when I moved from Swansea to Bristol and everyone said I sound like Joanna page(who’s also a Swansea girl 😀) I had a friend at college who bought me the First Christmas Special and wrapped it in tinfoil.

I’ve just finished a rewatch of all the episodes on iPlayer and nothing comes close to that show in my eyes ❤ It’s just got everything and more, it’s so well written and acted.

ive got a couple of tenuous connections to G&S as it goes!

- The actor who plays Dave coaches, his sister was my English teacher

- My mum met Oscar (baby Neil) last summer through her work and he’d just finished filming the Christmas special. Apparently there was no swearing allowed in front of the children but James Corden went and woke Mat Horne up from a nap in his trailer and Mat screamed the F word 😂😂
Pam’s my favourite character. Oh and Doris.

I have just read this whole thread, I love this show. Pam, Mick, Nessa and Bryn are my favourites.
Smithy's mates are all from the original stage cast of the History Boys, which also included Dominic Cooper. Russell Tovey has had a pretty successful career - I don't think he was in the special but was in the original. Makes me think James Corden is not quite as much of a prick as some say.
I confess to fancying JC a bit but NOT as smithy. The power of a good haircut and outfit.
One aspect of realism I really liked in the original show that's not been mentioned is Nessa going into labour. Bryn timing the contractions to work out when they should go to hospital. That is so realistic but normally on TV it's waters breaking and baby coming imminently!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone watching the programme about Gavin & Stacey on channel 5? I’m loving it!

Ive got We LOVE Gavin and Stacey prog on and I must say him who plays Dave coaches is quite fit.🤭

Just watched the Gavin and Stacey special

agree there was too much filler, do I really need to know what some nobody from TOWIE thinks of the show?!

although I loved the tidbit about John Prescott only supposed to be walking into the wedding but then giving himself lines 😅

Reactions: 1
Just watched the Gavin and Stacey special

agree there was too much filler, do I really need to know what some nobody from TOWIE thinks of the show?!

although I loved the tidbit about John Prescott only supposed to be walking into the wedding but then giving himself lines 😅
Yeah I loved the John Prescott titbit. Also dont know why they started with the Christmas special.

I'm glad I've found this thread. Gavin & Stacey is my absolute fav. I'd say 80% of the time when I'm tagged in something on Facebook it's a Gavin & Stacey meme :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I love Doris, she reminds me of my foul mouthed Nanna!

Pam & Mick are great, my friend always says that's how me and my partner will end up haha!

• Heart