Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve seen a few comments on twitter of people saying Seth was the only black person featured. Fingers wasn’t white, neither was Ahmed!! The story was based on a real life couple hence both of the main families being white. Honestly!!

Reactions: 3
They said on Good Morning Britain it's because he eats a lot of Chinese Takeaway
Ahh I did think it could be that.

I’ve seen a few comments on twitter of people saying Seth was the only black person featured. Fingers wasn’t white, neither was Ahmed!! The story was based on a real life couple hence both of the main families being white. Honestly!!
Well isnt Wales a mostly white country.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I usually stream it off the TV when I re-watch it but I've just ordered them all on DVD in case they do disappear 😞

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
What about fingers??
Honestly, stop the planet I want to get off. If people don't like don't watch it, instead of ruining it for the rest of us.
Me and my husband aspire to be Pam and mick when we hit retirement age! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Surely if anyone should be offended it should be the welsh...I mean they don’t paint them in the best light do they 😂 honestly, is calling someone Chinese Alan offensive...is it more offensive to call a chinese man, chinese Alan?!

Or Japanese Margaret?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Surely if anyone should be offended it should be the welsh...I mean they don’t paint them in the best light do they 😂 honestly, is calling someone Chinese Alan offensive...is it more offensive to call a chinese man, chinese Alan?!

Or Japanese Margaret?
What about big fat Sue that's fattest surely?

Or Japanese Margaret?
Chinese Alan isnt offensive IMO because its a takeaway thing its like calling someone KFC john.

I always thought Chinese Alan was called so because he looked Chinese.Didnt know it was anything to do with him liking Chinese food

Reactions: 1
I always thought Chinese Alan was called so because he looked Chinese.Didnt know it was anything to do with him liking Chinese food
But he doesn’t look Chinese 😂 I think it’s one of the jokes like the fishing trip. You just don’t know.

They do talk about the ‘Chinese Alan’ thing in the show though. At the stag do (?) he turns up and shouts ‘Does anyone fancy a Chinese?’. It’s not funny or clever but it doesn’t strike me as particularly offensive either.

I actually suspect that the Sun has made that story up to make people think that the BML stuff is an overreaction. Like lots of their fictitious ‘mad EU’ stories over the years. I am as quick as it comes to support people who want to see the back of dog whistle racism on TV but those examples are just nonsense.

I ever understood why he was called Chinese Alan anyway. :unsure:
I thought he used to deliver Chinese food

I actually suspect that the Sun has made that story up to make people think that the BML stuff is an overreaction. Like lots of their fictitious ‘mad EU’ stories over the years. I am as quick as it comes to support people who want to see the back of dog whistle racism on TV but those examples are just nonsense.
100% the sun is full of shite

I thought that was just him joking about his nickname to be honest. It’s a random nickname isn’t it, and that’s the first time we meet the character so we were expecting him to be Chinese and he’s not! But I might have got that wrong and not realised.

The episode they announce they're getting married could be construed as being offensive to people from Essex and Wales.

Gwen makes reference to white high heels, mini skirts, general chavvy things. Pam makes reference to the fun fares, sheep shagging, Butlins...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The episode they announce they're getting married could be construed as being offensive to people from Essex and Wales.

Gwen makes reference to white high heels, mini skirts, general chavvy things. Pam makes reference to the fun fares, sheep shagging, Butlins...
don’t worry about the honeymoon, just go to butlins 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8

The characters are trying to offend each other so of course it’s offensive!

The characters are trying to offend each other so of course it’s offensive!
I'm quite aware of that but my post was in reference to how snowflakes of this generation are being offended by "Chinese Alan" and trying to get it taken off tv

Reactions: 3