Gas and Elec increase.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they must have a lot running or the heating on. I saw one person on TikTok complaining but he had his washer, dryer and dish washer running all day 😅
People will already be paying for what they use.
The price increase is nothing to do with people using a lot.
Mine is going up £150 a month.
We already pay £110 a month, which covers what I already use.

If I use more, my account will be in debit. If I use less, my account will be in credit. It fluctuates.
But my monthly payment stays the same.
Because that's how it works. I pay a set amount. As do majority of people.

Using within what you pay for will not change the amount it increases by.

Reactions: 2
Yes but I’m talking about those on smart meters who can see what credit they are using. if you’ve got a lot of electricity running and the heating on then it is going to be high. Wash the dishes by hand instead of having the dish washer on etc.

Wondering If anyone can help before I contact eon next. My in home display is playing up, the price its showing for electricity is wrong so it hasn't updated the new prices and my gas hasn't been showing for days. Went on my account and realised they hadn't taken a reading since February then saw this...
Screenshot_20220403-120340_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry for being thick but what does it mean? Can't find anything on the help section.

Wondering If anyone can help before I contact eon next. My in home display is playing up, the price its showing for electricity is wrong so it hasn't updated the new prices and my gas hasn't been showing for days. Went on my account and realised they hadn't taken a reading since February then saw this...
View attachment 1168274
Sorry for being thick but what does it mean? Can't find anything on the help section.
I'd definitley contact them.
I'd say maybe your smart metre ran out of battery or something 🤔

Yes but I’m talking about those on smart meters who can see what credit they are using. if you’ve got a lot of electricity running and the heating on then it is going to be high. Wash the dishes by hand instead of having the dish washer on etc.
But they're not using over what they pay for. So it's irrelevant.

People are complaining of the price hike. Not how much they pay for what they use or that they're going over their usage.

But they're not using over what they pay for. So it's irrelevant.

People are complaining of the price hike. Not how much they pay for what they use or that they're going over their usage.
Yea but it normally would cost them half the price is what they are saying.

Has anyone been successful in getting a smart meter after moving suppliers? I had one installed four years ago by eon, moved to EDF so it didn't work and then switched back to eon but my little display doesn't do anything? I have contacted them when I moved back but that said they are waiting to roll out new software? This was over two years ago and nothing has happened since 🙄

Has anyone been successful in getting a smart meter after moving suppliers? I had one installed four years ago by eon, moved to EDF so it didn't work and then switched back to eon but my little display doesn't do anything? I have contacted them when I moved back but that said they are waiting to roll out new software? This was over two years ago and nothing has happened since 🙄
So there’s a big push to get everyone on a smart meter, I’m surprised they’ve not been in touch. I’d chase it up. I’m waiting for a smart meter installation at my new property - there was roughly an 8 week wait. Not sure why, when I was with Eon, they just sent me one and I plugged it in!

So there’s a big push to get everyone on a smart meter, I’m surprised they’ve not been in touch. I’d chase it up. I’m waiting for a smart meter installation at my new property - there was roughly an 8 week wait. Not sure why, when I was with Eon, they just sent me one and I plugged it in!
I already have a smart meter but the display doesn't work so I can't see my usage or anything if that makes sense? I still have to give them meter readings too 😕

I already have a smart meter but the display doesn't work so I can't see my usage or anything if that makes sense? I still have to give them meter readings too 😕
Sorry I meant chase it up in the sense of explaining this and asking for a new one to be sent out to you.

Yea but it normally would cost them half the price is what they are saying.
Yes, because the price is going up, not because they're using more.
I can hardly cut back on what I'm using.
I don't have the heating on, I don't have a tumble dryer or a dish washer.
The house is empty 70% of the day.
But mines still going up by £150

Reactions: 3
I'm with prepay on EON. We were using an average of £4 for both per day. It's been almost £8 per day since the price hike.
Tiny 2 bed end terrace. Electric oven and gas heating. I've turned everything off at the plugs and we've been sat shivering under blankets. It's beyond tit that this is life in 2022.
I hate the Tories. We both work full time yet will be choosing between heating and eating this year 😩

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I dug my smart meter out today and put it to the test.
My oven was using 1.50p/h of electricity, my microwave 1pound p/h and kettle 99p p/h. My airfryer stayed at a steady 5.7p p/h so I think it's air fryer teas here on out in this house.
I whacked my heating on as my house was absolutely freezing, £2.50ph🤢 gonna just have to live with that one.

Reactions: 1
Bit of advice if you love a tea like me (or coffee) these are the best thing if you’re trying to save money. You boil what you use. You don’t over boil the kettle. We’ve had one for about 18 months and wouldn’t look back!
I really need to make sure I'm not putting too much water in the kettle before I boil it. I'll measure it out with my mug , rather than buying a fancy device, though haha

I really need to make sure I'm not putting too much water in the kettle before I boil it. I'll measure it out with my mug , rather than buying a fancy device, though haha
I had to get it because my husband likes to fill the kettle up, boil it, make 2 teas, coke to the next cup, empty the water and do it all again 😂 I don’t have that particular one, this mine was about £25

Well according to e-on next my electric meter was removed on 23rd February. Well I'm looking right at it!! Useless bloody company

Reactions: 2
i’ve already had to hide my smart meter in case i get obsessed with it 🤦🏼‍♀️ it’s been at the back of a cupboard since SSE delivered it a few years back but i thought i’d bring it out over the weekend, bad idea!

i’m fairly lucky that i live alone in a fairly small house so there are a few changes i can make (switching the modem off during the day, short showers) but beyond that i don’t know what else i can do. this rise is manageable for me but i’m already worried about october. it’s lucky i don’t mind the cold i suppose 🤣 i also need a new boiler but trying not to think about that right now.

people shouldn’t be worrying or struggling like this. it’s awful.

Reactions: 1
I don’t have a smart meter so I’ve been going outside everyday just to see how much I’m using. I’ve used about 40kwh in the last 4 days. I’m electric only. Still equates to about £3.50 a day and I’m barely using electricity. Haven’t turned the heating on or cooked one meal. I’m freezing and hungry. That’s 2022 life now.

• Sad
Reactions: 3