Gas and Elec increase.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else on a variable tariff? Feel like I'm the only one who hasn't switched to fixed. Partly because I buried my head in the sand and then the fix prices got so high that I can't afford it, currently pay £95.
I think it was maybe September time, I got stopped by some guy from shell, they were offering 3 years fix for £100 a month (which was £30 more than I was paying ) so signed up because he was so persuasive 🤦‍♀️ after talking it through with my mum she said she'd heard bad things about shell so I cancelled. Could bloody kick myself now for cancelling!!!

My electric standing charge has almost doubled to 48.53p, dreading October
I'll probably be going onto variable after this just because its a fraction cheaper.
I've always gone with fixed so I knew the price I was paying was the same

I got a new 3 year fixed contract in October after my G&E company went bust. This may sound stupid, but does the rise affect me? Yesterday, I had one of my lowest meter readings and the husband put the heating on!

I got a new 3 year fixed contract in October after my G&E company went bust. This may sound stupid, but does the rise affect me? Yesterday, I had one of my lowest meter readings and the husband put the heating on!
It doesn't, not until it ends 😊

Oh, well don’t I feel a fool 😂 hopefully in 3 years, the government would Correct their wrongs and it will all be brought down again! Thanks Bore x
Or they'll have increased it even more by then and you'll be paying 500 a month when it ends 😂😂

Is anyone else on a variable tariff? Feel like I'm the only one who hasn't switched to fixed. Partly because I buried my head in the sand and then the fix prices got so high that I can't afford it, currently pay £95.
I think it was maybe September time, I got stopped by some guy from shell, they were offering 3 years fix for £100 a month (which was £30 more than I was paying ) so signed up because he was so persuasive 🤦‍♀️ after talking it through with my mum she said she'd heard bad things about shell so I cancelled. Could bloody kick myself now for cancelling!!!

My electric standing charge has almost doubled to 48.53p, dreading October
I'm on variable. Any fixed tariff I'm looking at is triple my direct debit. I've worked out that if variable stays the same since the price rise until October, I'll be a lot better off. I'm also trying to put away at least £30 a month into a separate bank account just in case the credit in my account doesn't cover the rising bills. I'd rather have the money myself though than pay my energy supplier more.

How do they think any of this is humane? I live in a shared student house with 3 people and we are coming to the end of our tenancy (we are all in our final year at university). We pay rent bills included (£95pw) and our landlord asked us recently for a meter reading so we are expecting them to ask us for more money for our last few months here...just hoping its not ridiculously high but reading everyone's experiences I wouldn't be surprised.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’ve just checked my smart meter..

98p gas and £1.29 electric. We’ve been out for the majority of the day but it makes me feel happier than yesterday as it’s more normal for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Mines only going up a extra 30 quid a month so approx £1 a day

it’s mad how others are so drastic
I think they must have a lot running or the heating on. I saw one person on TikTok complaining but he had his washer, dryer and dish washer running all day 😅

This is just my electric! 😭 this was over an hour ago. I’ve switched all plugs off and only had the washing machine on twice, the cooker on for half an hour, dishwasher once. Charged my phone and the kids tablets and the tv and fridge freezer, heating was on for Half an hour before kids went to bed. I’ve been watching it all day and getting so stressed :(

Attachments

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
This is just my electric! 😭 this was over an hour ago. I’ve switched all plugs off and only had the washing machine on twice, the cooker on for half an hour, dishwasher once. Charged my phone and the kids tablets and the tv and fridge freezer, heating was on for Half an hour before kids went to bed. I’ve been watching it all day and getting so stressed :(
It is awful. I’ve had my smart meter in the drawer since we got it in January as I was constantly watching and having to charge it 3 times a day!!

this is going to make a hell of a lot of people worry about money and to either put food on the table or turn the tv on (thank god were coming into summer) and I am so worried about suicide rates. They HAVE to do something!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It’s honestly ridiculous, and I know ours is a lot to us but there’s going to be loads worse off and paying more than this a day. It’s just not doable if wages arent increasing 😩

It’s honestly ridiculous, and I know ours is a lot to us but there’s going to be loads worse off and paying more than this a day. It’s just not doable if wages arent increasing 😩
Same. Me and my husband wfh so we have 2 laptops which charge once a day. My eldest also has to use a fully charged iPad for school, so not only is that on to charge overnight, but also 3 phones and god knows what else

I think they must have a lot running or the heating on. I saw one person on TikTok complaining but he had his washer, dryer and dish washer running all day 😅
Mines going up 175 a month. And we've always been in credit at £93 a month. We definitley don't have everything running.
It isn't going up because I'm using loads.