Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
There is no mass immigration though? Mass immigration would mean tens of thousands of immigrants and that hasn’t happened.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

Pontyslapper

Chatty Member
He's gonna lose his IR35/HMRC tax evasion case by a shitload.

Worked somewhere 20 years ago and we had a contractor working for us, who lost - nowhere near the amount of money the Juggy cunt is on the hook for but...

our guy had a desk, chair, phone, and took direction from us permies/managers and did 'other work' for other outfits, yet always used to hold his horses each renewal time for our say so or not.

Juggy cunt is more of a BBC stooge than our guy was our stooge. I hope HMRC give him the rinsing he deserves and break the horrid little cunt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Yupitsme!!

Shame none of them boycotted the bbc when the weans were getting abused off their top men though, how long has Lineker been employed with the BBC? He kept his mouth shut, case off 'uck they were only white British weans, who cares if they were getting tampered with by Saville and Co who were employed by the BBC.
When thousands of young men are entering your country illegally that's no asylum seeking its a slow army.
Because pretty sure most of europe is safe. Wisen up

• Wow

welp

VIP Member
I just want to point out that this saga is even here in Germany one of the top news. This is so funny to me 😭

• Haha

Wifo1976

VIP Member
The asylum seekers staying in my town are housed in an absolute shithole of a hotel - far from 4 star.

SkippyDoo

Chatty Member
The fuss over this is incredible. Who cares who presents the football. Lineker’s main quality is/was being a former international footballer just about the right mixture of quietly personable and bland that he could speak before and after they show the goals from today on TV without being too annoying or offensive (in the role itself). He made some virtue-signalling tweet for the easy Likes in my opinion and perhaps to distract from his taxes. Yes he is technically allowed to speak his mind, but if he signed a contract that said he would limit this on his public social media, then his employers are for their part, allowed to get annoyed with him on the basis of that contract. That’s for his lawyers and the BBC lawyers to sort out and doesn’t require rolling news coverage.

I don’t like how the BBC is run and we need to have that conversation, and in particular, on their nauseating double standards on “impartiality”, but Lineker isn’t the best poster boy for this one.

Catfan2

Chatty Member
This is always such an interesting comment because you seem to suggest only politicians can comment on political matters and not you, me or anyone else. It’s not only the dumbest thing I hear about this, it also makes me despair that people genuinely have this level of trust in this government.
---

Actually what you’re saying is incorrect. In their guidance they actually state that presenters like science or sport ones are allowed to comment on matters of politics. It’s (not) surprising how many people first of all misquoted the tweet and then seem to think the BBC clearly forbid a personal opinion. And oh well let’s not forget it’s okay for Alan Sugar and the likes to express one as long as it’s supportive of the Tories. What Gary said is bang on and even if you don’t agree with his statement that’s fine too. We are all allowed to say what we think (within the limits of the law of course). The fact a Tory run bbc wants to curb that is the massive own goal they deserve after the institution was taken over by one political party.
---
What does a hugely unpopular government do when they are pretty sure they’ll be obliterated in the next election? They start scaremongering. Foreigners come to steal your jobs, and you houses. It’s to distract you from the shitshow they’ve run for 13 years. Speaking of that 13 years… they’ve been in power that amount of time and now all of a sudden they start with the rhetoric which is reminiscent of the 30s? Gee it’s almost like they know they’re fucked and are trying to save their skins. The reason this country is on its arse is not refugees. It’s mismanagement, Brexit and politicians who are not there for you and me: they’re there for themselves. The fact people don’t see that this latest move is a classic move when governments are about to fail is horrifying to me. View attachment 2022170
Of course we can all have opinions on political matters or anything else. My problem with Lineker is that he’s always stirring the pot and making inflammatory comments (Tweets). He enjoys the backlash and attention it gives him. If it was a one off I don’t think it would have gained the headlines that it has. Oh and I for one enjoyed watching the football with no inane comments or observations 😉
---
Why on earth would he be reading this? - Of course he wont be 😜
No he’ll be on Twitter feeling the outpouring of love and support 😆

• Heart
  • Haha

Jen667

VIP Member
Yes, it's the comparison of the government to the Nazi party that is the issue not his general political views.
You can be appalled by this government's treatment of migrants and refugees but also appalled by his comment. German jews weren't put up in four star hotels.

It's also true that asylum seekers do not have to claim asylum in the first safe country they reach. However if they do cross safe countries to reach the one of their choice then that country is likely to have its own domestic laws in place to prevent that.

TotalShambles

The jews the Nazis targeted were legal citizens . I highly doubt the language was the same.
"Highly doubt"... well maybe do some reading and educate yourself so you can remove some of that doubt and actually know what you're talking about.

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
I'd be interested to see any comparisons between the language used by this government and the language used by Nazi Germany. I doubt they exist but happy to be proved wrong.
If you can’t see the similarities with dehumanising language then I’m not sure you’ll ever see it. Nobody is arguing that the situation isn’t awful but the blame isn’t being correctly allocated. It’s a fabulous dead cat for the government though especially due to the number of people who don’t seem to understand what was said. For the record, I find him irritatingly smug and wouldn’t want to spend any time with him but that doesn’t mean I can’t agree with him on some things.
---
Last week someone on my IG shared a story about a friend of hers who was a victim of the worst crime to be inflicted on a woman. For the sake of not upsetting anyone, I will not go any further into the details, but it was a harrowing reminder that women really need to look after themselves, and not leave their drink unattended. The purpotrators are still at large but these are not the variety people that Gary Lineaker and co want to acknnowlge are filtering into the country. I understand he means well, but he is part of the problem and so is everyone else who wear rose tinted specs believeing all of these people have a legitimate need and would not a danger on our streets.
Are you saying that this poor lady was attacked by migrants? It’s not clear in your post so I may have misunderstood. Regardless it’s obviously terrible but unfortunately and of course not everybody is good and well intended which is why the assessment process needs improving (which is massively adding to the numbers needing housing). However there’s plenty of wrong ‘uns born and brought up here, everybody needs to look after ourselves regardless of immigration, one of my closest friends had a similar assault with a bloke from Leeds, would you tar everybody from Leeds in the same way?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry

EnjoyingTheShow

Chatty Member
Or better for himself since rival networks are now willing to pay more for him.
Was the same offer by ITV (3 times what Beeb are paying him apparently) also extended to Wrighty and Shearer who sided with Gary?

Bit awkward if not and they find themselves out in the cold. Doubt Gary’s going to bother wasting time negotiating something for his mates as well.

See how long those friendships last! Wright and Shearer were ill advised to look their gift horse BBC contracts in the mouth. They must know they’re all getting on a bit now and its any old excuse to get rid of them entirely. oh dear, ha ha ha ha.

It's gonna end up being Jenas presenting and any pundit they can rustle up like Ashley Williams. Jenas will be too scared to say no with him being made ready for a big BBC role as is.
Rate it’s going it will be presented by the cast of east Enders 😂…..well they do mention West Ham every so often on there so have a bit of knowledge

• Haha
Reactions: 7

DreamTeam84

If Gary should only talk about football on his socials, then wherever jobs we do should he the only thing we talk about on ours.

I doubt they’re true for anyone here.

I think it is a PR stunt for Gary. Increasing his stock value to get himself his own show on Amazon and make big bucks

Jen667

VIP Member
He didn't compare it *to the holocaust* though. He compared it to the language used in the 1930s by Germany, which is not the same thing at all.
That's just semantics though. He's clearly referring to Nazi Germany's treatment of jews

Footballgirl

Well he's fair game for being to task over that.

But how anyone can have an issue with him being a vocal opponent of the "Stop The Boats" campaign is beyond me.
Because it’s way he compared it to nazis a few weeks ago a mp (forget his name) got sacked for saying the vaccines were the worst thing to happen since the Jews got killed in ww2 (and he didn’t say it was as bad as that just the worst thing since then) and lineker is saying this is as bad as Jews getting killed terribly and no one is allowed to sack him

• Haha