Gary Lineker

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The asylum seekers staying in my town are housed in an absolute shithole of a hotel - far from 4 star.
True as they are running out of places to house them, some are being housed in care homes with the elderly, they themselves aren't elderly but the home office are having issues finding the accommodation that is needed as so many are arriving daily to the country. They can't build houses fast enough , plus there is the issue of relocating the ones that get in trouble.....they get moved from area/city all the time. It's a on going issue, hence why things need to be done about it all, whatever anyone's views on the issue are. The sheer amount is causing
issues for all involved.

Reactions: 9
Oh well, going to have to disagree. I think his references were clear. And I think the way people seem to want to jump to defend him very much taps into the whole 'jews don't count' way of thinking.
Yes, can't see that we will agree if that's what you think. The whole point is that Jews very much DO count and the language then was totally unacceptable, just as this language of dehumanising people is totally unacceptable.
---
True as they are running out of places to house them, some are being housed in care homes with the elderly, they themselves aren't elderly but the home office are having issues finding the accommodation that is needed as so many are arriving daily to the country. They can't build houses fast enough , plus there is the issue of relocating the ones that get in trouble.....they get moved from area/city all the time. It's a on going issue, hence why things need to be done about it all, whatever anyone's views on the issue are. The sheer amount is causes issues for all involved.
I'm surprised that there is any spare space in care homes, the waiting list round her to get somebody into one that needs that care is horrendous. This certainly isn't happening everywhere and nor could it regardless of any other issue to do with the rights and wrongs. The problem is that cases aren't being dealt with so they are all in limbo. If cases were dealt with efficiently and swiftly then the problem wouldn't exist to this extent and the those who are subsequently granted asylum would be able to do some of the jobs that we need filling and pay into society in a way that they currently can't.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why is football and especially Lineker, put on such a pedestal in this country. The media making this out to be far bigger than it should be too. He's a football presenter. I don't think he ever spoke about political issues on social media until Gary Neville went all political, now you can't shut him up.

I think the mentioning of nazi Germany is the reason why BBC have been more adamant he apologises. The fact he's doubling down on what he said and refuses to apologise has made this a bigger issue. He's probably loving the attention. Must run in the family as his brother is a bit of attention seeker.
Because football is part of British identity for the majority, is a grassroots activity for kids and adults in the community, and is a world wide brand that makes a ton of money for the country.

British Pop Music is similar.

Reactions: 3
Yes, can't see that we will agree if that's what you think. The whole point is that Jews very much DO count and the language then was totally unacceptable, just as this language of dehumanising people is totally unacceptable.
---

I'm surprised that there is any spare space in care homes, the waiting list round her to get somebody into one that needs that care is horrendous. This certainly isn't happening everywhere and nor could it regardless of any other issue to do with the rights and wrongs. The problem is that cases aren't being dealt with so they are all in limbo. If cases were dealt with efficiently and swiftly then the problem wouldn't exist to this extent and the those who are subsequently granted asylum would be able to do some of the jobs that we need filling and pay into society in a way that they currently can't.
I'd be interested to see any comparisons between the language used by this government and the language used by Nazi Germany. I doubt they exist but happy to be proved wrong.

Reactions: 4
This has been a longtime coming. Celebs have been sacked for less by the BBC. It is in their contracts they are to be impartial regarding political matters. Question is what does he hold over the BBC to not be sacked before now…

Also it’s all good him calling the government Nazi’s over the immigration plans but he is a multimillionaire who is not impacted by it in the slightest ?

What is Gary doing to help these poor people … why don’t he invite them to live with him and fund them until they get on their feet. Maybe the government can use the tax money he has been avoiding paying !

Reactions: 4
He such a spineless turd. Skirting around words like holocaust, nazis (he knew those words would get him immediately cancelled.

Reactions: 14
He has invited refugees to live with him. This has been fairly well documented in the press.

I think for most people its the staggering hypocrisy thats so frustrating. The (far) right are always going on about freedom of speech and civil liberties being eroded, and you can bet your life if Lineker had said ‘all asylum seekers are scum‘ or something similar they’d be signing his praised from the roof tops, but because he’s dared to call out their behaviour and attack their beloved poster girl they’ve kicked up a huge fuss and put pressure on the Beeb to remove him from his position.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Gary having a few carefully vetted people saying in one of his guest houses on his huge property then loudly broadcasting it is nothing more than good pr.
---
The (far) right are always going on about freedom of speech and civil liberties being eroded, and you can bet your life if Lineker had said ‘all asylum seekers are scum‘ or something similar
Bullshit. If anyone of a high profile at the BBC said that they'd be sacked.

People on both the left and right have lost their job by making references to Nazi Germany andor the holocaust.

---

And I never said it was happening everywhere, but it will get worse in every area if nothing is done to either stop or slow down the sheer amount of arrivals.

In a idea world we could take in everyone who needed help but we can't , I would like someone on here or any of these celebs or politicians, who are championing all the refugees to be able to come, to tell us all where we as a country will house all these arrivals in the long run ...as more will keep coming if there isn't a system in place to limit it all ....not all will get work and pay back into the system...not will want to work ..not all are here for good.
hundreds of hotels throughout the country are full 100 plus rooms in some full with some having been there for months if not years.....where do we put them in the long run, do we accept them all no vetting and allow all who want to stay here. There imo needs to be rules and protocols to limit arrivals for everyone safety on both sides. (As my son has been threatened many times in his line of work )
---
He has invited refugees to live with him. This has been fairly well documented in the press.

I think for most people its the staggering hypocrisy thats so frustrating. The (far) right are always going on about freedom of speech and civil liberties being eroded, and you can bet your life if Lineker had said ‘all asylum seekers are scum‘ or something similar they’d be signing his praised from the roof tops, but because he’s dared to call out their behaviour and attack their beloved poster girl they’ve kicked up a huge fuss and put pressure on the Beeb to remove him from his position.
Don't be ridiculous, do you really think the one Mr lineker took into his home just stepped off a boat and was given his address of course not, the person would have been vetted and checked extensively before hand. But the average place the majority of the arrivals end up in and in large groups, not just one or two people, haven't been checked and no of course all asylum seekers aren't scum, but sadly they all aren't people who want to train to be a doctor or even work. We all have to be realistic about this issue.

Last edited:

It is nothing but PR. As someone has stated taking in a carefully vetted student is not comparable.

Most people are not against Immigration- the UK is very diverse. However every country has to make decisions and draw a line. Gary is not impacted by mass immigration in the same way the working class are ….

He has a platform and plenty of funds that could be used to help people. So instead of mouthing off at the government …why don’t he put his money where his mouth is and pick up the bill instead of expecting struggling brits to do it.

I’m not a huge fan of the tories but his tweet was way out of line.

Reactions: 16
I’m working class and don’t feel impacted by mass immigration. I’m far more worried about the dire state of the NHS, the cost of living and the fact our public services are crumbling around us and I think that’s true of most people. This has been a very convenient ‘dead cat’ story for the government.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m working class and don’t feel impacted by mass immigration. I’m far more worried about the dire state of the NHS, the cost of living and the fact our public services are crumbling around us and I think that’s true of most people. This has been a very convenient ‘dead cat’ story for the government.
I agree but all this will only be further impacted by immigration. It is not to say we should not allow immigration but it has to be controlled. If you allow 10,000 people move to the uk. They need support - housing , benefits , medical , schooling etc all of these services are crumbling as it is without the added pressure. That alone is a couple of million a year.

Some facts for you mcomics,

This country takes far fewer asylum seekers. It is the slowest and least efficient country in Europe at assessing claims!

Most asylum seekers have their claims upheld!

Most criminal gangs live on the uk, not abroad,
and the authorities know this, but have never tried to prosecute them.
This country would be completely fucked if it wasn’t for immigrants!

I’m not a football fan, but Gary linneker is spot on about this nasty government and it’s use of language.
Actually glad this has happened, as it’s shone a light on the toxic BBC!
---
Oh, and because it seems to be repeated ad nauseum ,- there is absolutely no legal requirement to claim asylum in the first ‘safe’ country that you teach.

You can claim asylum anywhere!
---
Oh, and because it seems to be repeated ad nauseum ,- there is absolutely no legal requirement to claim asylum in the first ‘safe’ country that you teach.

You can claim asylum anywhere!
Oh I'm not saying we shouldn't have immigrants don't get me wrong the UK is a country built on immigration. I'm saying that people who charge for the perilous boat journeys should be punished.but also there is a proper system for entering the country, some of those who use the boats are trying to avoid the vetting process, because in some cases they are known to have criminal records etc ..
But welcome & support your comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I might watch MOD tonight, now those three "stating the obvious, "overpaid twats aren't on

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It seems silly to hold a football presenter to the same standard as a news/current affairs presenter. Why does he need to be impartial?

Reactions: 10
What I don't understand about these celebrity people is their determination to see things in black and white.

There is no doubt when you are referring to those people who have been displaced and are fleeing war torn countries, or countries with corrupt governments who control their populous by fear and violence, that we would gladly look after them, but in amongst those people are opportunists, petty criminals, hardened criminals, gang lords, economic migrants and extremists. To ignore this reality is endangering lives and turning communities into ghettos.
I have worked for a local authority. The housing crisis means homeless single mothers are living in hostels with drug addicts. They will not be treated as a priority when the country keeps inviting people here under false pretence. We do not have the means to look after them sufficiently.
There is no hope for those born here and living here who rely on public services, as they are stretched to breaking point. Not something you need to worry about when you have millions in the bank. If some of these celebrities took a more balance overall view, rather than dismissing and trivialising people's genuine (and justified) concerns, then we could find some common ground and make some progress. As it stands Gary Lineker and his ilk is not progressive - they are wilfully ignorant, and arrogant.

• Heart
People on both the left and right have lost their job by making references to Nazi Germany andor the holocaust.
exactly or any sort of offensive tweet
people have lost their jobs for stuff they’ve tweeted years ago and no amount of apologising and back peddling has made any difference
Can’t believe the BBC pay the self obsessed bore £1.35 m for his presenting job

Reactions: 10
I know BBC News are probably desperate to appear impartial in this, but jfc... is there no other news today??

Screenshot_20230311-142229.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9