Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love to know where we got the idea that breakfast shows have to be all wacky and zany. Although Ian Dempseys fake laugh does my head in, at least the show is easy to listen to and there’s a balance of music and chat.

Reactions: 21
I’d love to know where we got the idea that breakfast shows have to be all wacky and zany. Although Ian Dempseys fake laugh does my head in, at least the show is easy to listen to and there’s a balance of music and chat.
This. I think during the pandemic the crazy laughs and inane banter was a nice distraction for many listeners. But there still can be craic and laughs on the radio without three voices all trying to outshine one another.

Having that small an audience fraction for a show with 3 hosts does not seem cost effective.

Reactions: 9
The drop in figures is also probably down to the fact that there are less commuters now in the morning and if you're not in the car/on a bus/train etc you're probably unlikely to turn on the radio. Rough year to launch a three-way breakfast radio show.

Reactions: 6
“No, it would be untrue to say that I'm happy. I’m very happy with the Breakfast Show but I think there will be a challenge to get the audience to start engaging with it. That will be our focus over the next few months, getting more profile around the three of them.”
QUOTE from the head of 2FM. How can he say he is happy with the show while admitting its a challenge to get audience engagement?
this is gas. Nobody is getting up just to listen to the radio at that hour. It’s the commuters, carers, early starts. If we don’t want to listen to them when stuck in traffic it’s a bad sign

Reactions: 4
Anyone see her post about the year she got brothers 👀 bit of a diss to marty and eoghan (even though he is now considered he who shall not be named)

Reactions: 3
The drop in figures is also probably down to the fact that there are less commuters now in the morning and if you're not in the car/on a bus/train etc you're probably unlikely to turn on the radio. Rough year to launch a three-way breakfast radio show.
Really? I always have the radio on in my kitchen.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Today fm breakfast show had a massive increase so I wouldn't say it was all down to the pandemic

I'm an early morning commuter and usually a Spin fan (big love for Graham and Nathan ). Turned on 2FM out of curiosity and couldn't get over how bad they were! Doireann in particular was shocking. She's not made for live radio.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
At least her godfather didn’t steal her listeners, he’s down slightly this year. Looks like they’ve lost them to Newstalk, I don’t know who I couldn’t stand listening to more, Doireann or Ciara Kelly

At least her godfather didn’t steal her listeners, he’s down slightly this year. Looks like they’ve lost them to Newstalk, I don’t know who I couldn’t stand listening to more, Doireann or Ciara Kelly

Pat Kenny is worth a listen tbh! I'm just not sure what the allure of breakfast radio is any more

Reactions: 2
John Bourke and the management team do not equal the Garrihy sisters. Fair play to the Armada but I fail to see what it has to do with Ailbhe, Doireann or Clare.
I just thought I’d be charitable in my thoughts and comments about John and his extended family. No biggy if you disagree.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I
Ah thats a bit unfair. I do think this was a nice gesture and as Johns wife Im sure she had some input. This thread cant be all bah humbug! Im also going to put it out there that im a bit jealous that Doireann has the black louis V bag. Much classier in my opinon than the dated checkered print. Dont think my purse strings will ever allow it unless i meet some oil tycoon soon.
It’s not that expensive

Reactions: 1
The fakeness of these 3 is nauseating. Omg look, look, aoibhan has 3 babies, yeah she's not 21 doireann ,shes late 30s,she had no choice but bang them out one after another, it's nature. Look at our perfect nana Claire, the gas thing is under neath that persona they would cut the boots from underneath you

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The fakeness of these 3 is nauseating. Omg look, look, aoibhan has 3 babies, yeah she's not 21 doireann ,shes late 30s,she had no choice but bang them out one after another, it's nature. Look at our perfect nana Claire, the gas thing is under neath that persona they would cut the boots from underneath you
Late 30s? 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
She’s 34 - not late 30s.
I know you’re just stating facts so I’m not having a go but the Garrihy ladies all look and act older than their years. I made the mistake of thinking Doireann was mid 30s on this thread also.

I think they’re good looking girls but they have an older vibe to them.

I’m just mostly relieved you didn’t reply to my post with the annoying “aoibhinn hun is that you”.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.