Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How the hell do socks take away pain? Are they lined with tiny needles that inject codeine into your soles? Such rubbish.
Sounds class: I'd pay 28 quid for them!
Patent it, quick: GreenFlamingo Wellness: Drugged to the Eyeballs

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Interesting thank you. Do you mean the job industry advantage came, if not from academic results, being able to name it on your CV?
Yes I do, I didn’t have a great leaving cert but I felt my private school education gave me an advantage, people seem to assume (right or wrong) that it might make you a better all rounder (emphasis on team sports etc in private schools).

I also know in some big law firms they don’t interview people who didn’t go to private school. Clearly this is a very sweeping statement on my part but it’s what I’ve seen from friends and same on my husbands side- they have the grades and experience but don’t get the interviewers, it can also come down to an interviewer having gone to the same school.

I’d like to think that as a society we are moving away from the above but I defiantly feel it gave me an advantage in life, if I can afford it I’ll send my kids, I’d like them to have all the same opportunities I did and I’d never like to feel that their schooling has any impact.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
There is also advantage of smaller class sizes, variety of languages & other activities for students not into sports.

I know my parents gave up a lot to put us through private education & in my day (decades ago) a lot of my friends parents did also.

My children are going to private schools, it is s lot of commitment on both our parts with travelling etc. but we feel we have made right decision.

Every family situation is different though.

We paid big Creche fees when they were babies so back to it all again!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Seems like it's a place for all the privately educated to congregate to proudly slap each other on the arse!
I was asked question on the topic.
Just like other threads go off topic on being pregnant & babies , I know to skip as it has no relevance to me now.

What's it to do with then? Aoibhin is a failed actress. Ailbhe works for daddy. And Doireann, well let's see how longs she lasts on the airwaves. They could have gone to the local secondary and achieved the same things.
But would they have had the same neck if they went to a "normal school"...... :)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ailbhe “I’ve been living in active wear since I got back from Paris”
That was like 2 days ago- so you’ve worn active wear for 2 days hun!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Would love to know what the listenership is like for the breakfast show now. There’s no way they can leave that on air much longer. Listening to her telling what her mom is going to cook Donncha for dinner or dad pulling a sheep out of a drain won’t interest too many people

Reactions: 7
Is that Dunne’s where Aoibhin is doing her shopping?? It’s not Lidl anyway #sp #fullofshit

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Is that Dunne’s where Aoibhin is doing her shopping?? It’s not Lidl anyway #sp #fullofshit
Dunnes is her usual alright, same as myself - seen her there a few times, stocking up on baby nappies etc. Never in Lidl funnily enough 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The dilemma for Ailbhe this evening must have been really difficult…jump on the freebie for Dublin Zoo and shock horror, baby will be missing his bedtime…or say thanks but no thanks.

Predictably the freebie won.

Reactions: 7
Oh Ailbhe with her latest lasagne story.. for once they are having a dinner not cooked by Mammy Clare. Easy make step by step Dolmio Lasagne. Wow Super Wifey alert. 🙄 Runs to insta for validation.
*My bad, it could be a Sheppards pie.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.