Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was sitting beside Ailbhe in Avoca this morning. I actually recognised the baby before her or the hubby. That always freaks me out but just shows how much these inta huns risk their kids identity. They didn’t chat much throughout and by the time the food came they were only interested in getting the perfect family shot for insta. Pretty sad really. I felt sorry for her.
That freaks me out too, even just recognising the kids of mutual friends on Facebook who I’ve never met before. Louise McSharry never has her eldest on Instagram anymore for that reason, she doesn’t want him to be recognised at school or out and about as her son.

I have an intense dislike of parents who include their children in ads as it’s so much exposure that they haven’t consented to, Aoibhin has done this a few times. It’s one thing sharing the odd family snap but using them to make money is desperate. Stopped following Dr Lisa Cunningham straight away when she had her child in a hand sanitiser ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I was sitting beside Ailbhe in Avoca this morning. I actually recognised the baby before her or the hubby. That always freaks me out but just shows how much these inta huns risk their kids identity. They didn’t chat much throughout and by the time the food came they were only interested in getting the perfect family shot for insta. Pretty sad really. I felt sorry for her.
The real truth!

Reactions: 7
Anyone else look at Ailbhe's "fresh-faced" throwback photo in stories and just see Joanna Lumley? Uncanny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

This article

"you become public domain when you have kids".

Eh no, you and your kids become public domain when you share your life on Insta to flog your overpriced candles and wellness nonsense

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

This article

"you become public domain when you have kids".

Eh no, you and your kids become public domain when you share your life on Insta to flog your overpriced candles and wellness nonsense
I don't really understand her point there tbh.
People let her know that keeping a newborn in a carseat for prolonged periods isn't safe/good for them (I don't know the details but I had heard it was an issue). She doesn't address the fact that people were giving her advice and that their advice was valid. She's just bitching about people being too forthcoming. Surely the most important thing is the safety of the child?!
Am I being very dense here?

• Heart
I don't really understand her point there tbh.
People let her know that keeping a newborn in a carseat for prolonged periods isn't safe/good for them (I don't know the details but I had heard it was an issue). She doesn't address the fact that people were giving her advice and that their advice was valid. She's just bitching about people being too forthcoming. Surely the most important thing is the safety of the child?!
Am I being very dense here?
It’s probably how people were wording it. There are people that don’t hold back & would be quite ignorant in their criticism. There are nice ways to word advice in a way that it will politely be taken on board without offending. I know when I was a first time parent I would get quite upset with my MIL the way she spoke to me about a couple of things, it makes you feel like crap, the hormones really don’t help!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It’s probably how people were wording it. There are people that don’t hold back & would be quite ignorant in their criticism. There are nice ways to word advice in a way that it will politely be taken on board without offending. I know when I was a first time parent I would get quite upset with my MIL the way she spoke to me about a couple of things, it makes you feel like crap, the hormones really don’t help!
Thanks for that. Makes a lot of sense.

Summoned to look after the bay-bay so that Ailbhe can pose with her leg forward in peace and spend time with hunky (not) Ruuuuuuuuuairaidh.
All her references to holidaying with a baby up to this … what’s the key Ailbhe … bring your own babysitter like you did to all the hotel breaks already. Most people wouldn’t ask grandparents constantly! 🙄

• Heart
All her references to holidaying with a baby up to this … what’s the key Ailbhe … bring your own babysitter like you did to all the hotel breaks already. Most people wouldn’t ask grandparents constantly! 🙄
Wait for the "So many of you have been asking how we managed with a baby on holidays" post. Followed by Ailbhe sharing her expert Motherly tips 🙄
Doses.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Sorry, just jumping in here, my sister was listening to the podcast in the car today, it may have been mentioned previously, but my god, what is going on with her bleeping laugh?

Reactions: 3
Sorry, just jumping in here, my sister was listening to the podcast in the car today, it may have been mentioned previously, but my god, what is going on with her bleeping laugh?
Excuse you, it’s called being a full time mad bastard laugh!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
“ ahh oh my god .. I luuv it”
“ ahhhh stappp”
“Ohmygodamazing”
“ I know as the youngest I always wanted to make the others laugh”

you can’t but not hear these in doireann’s voice ... and that laugh ...

Reactions: 9
“ ahh oh my god .. I luuv it”
“ ahhhh stappp”
“Ohmygodamazing”
“ I know as the youngest I always wanted to make the others laugh”

you can’t but not hear these in doireann’s voice ... and that laugh ...
‘Stunning’ seems to be another one.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I wish my Ma & sister would come on holidays with me to Spain…
Ailbhe’s little boy is so like their dad Eugene!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.