Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she not have something on her stories about having to wait until she got to the labour ward for her husband to come in? I thought she did but it’s so long ago now I can’t remember exactly. I would assume she got the same (awful and wrong!) treatment as everyone else. She isn’t that famous would they really know her?!

Reactions: 4
If she did-then she should call it out for what it was. Can’t stand the “perfect garrihys” anymore. Between that story on the rotunda the other night and aobhin multi hyphenating-they’re not relatable!!

Reactions: 8
Did she not have something on her stories about having to wait until she got to the labour ward for her husband to come in? I thought she did but it’s so long ago now I can’t remember exactly. I would assume she got the same (awful and wrong!) treatment as everyone else. She isn’t that famous would they really know her?!
She did have it on her stories that he had to wait outside until he was allowed in. I’d say if anyone got preferential treatment it was Aoibhinn in Galway. She actually falls under the catchment area for Limerick maternity but goes to Galway instead.

• Angry
She did have it on her stories that he had to wait outside until he was allowed in. I’d say if anyone got preferential treatment it was Aoibhinn in Galway. She actually falls under the catchment area for Limerick maternity but goes to Galway instead.
I was wondering why she went to Galway alright. Does born in Limerick not sound as good? I'm surprised she didn't have home births in a hot tub if I'm honest.

Reactions: 7
Never even thought of that! bleeping hell I wish I had a choice to give birth in Galway… ANYTHING would be better than limerick

Reactions: 3
Never even thought of that! bleeping hell I wish I had a choice to give birth in Galway… ANYTHING would be better than limerick
I know, limerick is a disaster! She went private with a gynaecologist in Galway so that’s how she got around that one.

Reactions: 1
I know, limerick is a disaster! She went private with a gynaecologist in Galway so that’s how she got around that one.
Ah here! I’m regretting not going private.. my doctor told me that there was no major difference. If I would have known the animals I would have encountered in limerick I would have done the same 😭 bleeping hell… still.. going private doesn’t fit her earth momma aesthetic does it? 🤣

• Haha
Ah here! I’m regretting not going private.. my doctor told me that there was no major difference. If I would have known the animals I would have encountered in limerick I would have done the same 😭 bleeping hell… still.. going private doesn’t fit her earth momma aesthetic does it? 🤣
No don’t think it fits with her grounded I’m
Just a mum of 3 under 3 living the day to day chaos!
I’m in her catchment area but I’m in Limerick. I went private not that I really needed to but just to avoid the tit show of the maternity for scans! That place needs a serious re-vamp!!!

No don’t think it fits with her grounded I’m
Just a mum of 3 under 3 living the day to day chaos!
I’m in her catchment area but I’m in Limerick. I went private not that I really needed to but just to avoid the tit show of the maternity for scans! That place needs a serious re-vamp!!!
Same! I didn’t know much about anything as it’s my first so I just stayed public and paid for 3 extra private scans! It really is a bleeping shitshow 😭😭 they will not give everyone the anomaly scan in limerick! Imagine that!
anyway! I don’t know how the duck aoibhin manages the 3 girls so close in age and still manage to do EVERYTHING! She would make you feel bad for being tired and living loungewear lol

Same! I didn’t know much about anything as it’s my first so I just stayed public and paid for 3 extra private scans! It really is a bleeping shitshow 😭😭 they will not give everyone the anomaly scan in limerick! Imagine that!
anyway! I don’t know how the duck aoibhin manages the 3 girls so close in age and still manage to do EVERYTHING! She would make you feel bad for being tired and living loungewear lol
She has a childminder don't forget. Guarantee she's not caring for all 3 herself everyday. Don't compare yourself to the non reality she shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She’s on hand to lay out the perfectly matching outfits though don’t you know 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She’s on hand to lay out the perfectly matching outfits though don’t you know 🙄
The story she put up of the 3 girls in the horrid matching dresses yesterday looked so bad. They looked like they were children from a haunted house 😣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I am a private patient in Limerick at the moment and was on my first baby too. I was very lucky in the maternity I had a great experience with mostly really lovely midwives after my section. Absolutely dreading it this time mine you with restrictions I’m due in a few weeks. I only had anomaly scans in there I couldn’t cope with the lack of continuity of care in the Limerick public clinic. I’d be too anxious.
Galway was the first unit to lift those ridiculous restrictions so partners have access there between 8am and 8pm so John would have been able to come and go and also once you were admitted you got your partner with you labour ward or not. Galway has long been considered a much better hospital for delivery and care than Limerick so not surprised she went with a more elite unit for her births.

• Heart
I am a private patient in Limerick at the moment and was on my first baby too. I was very lucky in the maternity I had a great experience with mostly really lovely midwives after my section. Absolutely dreading it this time mine you with restrictions I’m due in a few weeks. I only had anomaly scans in there I couldn’t cope with the lack of continuity of care in the Limerick public clinic. I’d be too anxious.
Galway was the first unit to lift those ridiculous restrictions so partners have access there between 8am and 8pm so John would have been able to come and go and also once you were admitted you got your partner with you labour ward or not. Galway has long been considered a much better hospital for delivery and care than Limerick so not surprised she went with a more elite unit for her births.
I had no idea how awful it was and the fact my gp told me there are little differences between public and private I just went with the public and if I didn’t pay for extra scans privately I would have only got the 12 week and 31 week growth scan….. a long time between scans! I’ll know better next time

Reactions: 1
All the gp’s seem to think that there’s no difference. There is though. You have one person in charge of your care throughout your pregnancy. Regular scans which for me was so important. The idea that if you are under 35 you get 2 scans in total in the public system is horrendous. Also if it’s something that’s important to you there’s a good chance you’ll have your own room for some of your stay (I don’t know what it’s like now with a Covid pandemic I assume if someone comes in Covid positive they get the private rooms for infection control but I don’t know really) I really did not want to share a room and bathroom with 5 other women I am a dreadful prude that would be my worst nightmare. I couldn’t even breastfeed in front of my husband. When the midwife tried to help my baby latch on I recoiled in horror because she had to touch my boob 🙈 needless to say I didn’t feed him for long.

• Haha
All the gp’s seem to think that there’s no difference. There is though. You have one person in charge of your care throughout your pregnancy. Regular scans which for me was so important. The idea that if you are under 35 you get 2 scans in total in the public system is horrendous. Also if it’s something that’s important to you there’s a good chance you’ll have your own room for some of your stay (I don’t know what it’s like now with a Covid pandemic I assume if someone comes in Covid positive they get the private rooms for infection control but I don’t know really) I really did not want to share a room and bathroom with 5 other women I am a dreadful prude that would be my worst nightmare. I couldn’t even breastfeed in front of my husband. When the midwife tried to help my baby latch on I recoiled in horror because she had to touch my boob 🙈 needless to say I didn’t feed him for long.
Thank you for sharing that it’s really good to know for the next time 😊 the admin staff are absolute pigs as well and the idea of giving birth there makes me so anxious! Genuinely paid for 5 extra scans in private clinics because I was so terrified

Aw don’t worry you won’t see much of the admin crowd and the midwives in the post natal ward are mostly lovely. Don’t be afraid - you will be okay I promise you no matter what happens or how tough it is the hospital stay is (hopefully!) only a few days and then you get to take your little bundle home with you and start off your family life. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway I can manage a few days in there no matter what and then I go home to my own house and my own bed and my little toddler who has no idea what’s coming 🤣

• Heart
I was sitting beside Ailbhe in Avoca this morning. I actually recognised the baby before her or the hubby. That always freaks me out but just shows how much these inta huns risk their kids identity. They didn’t chat much throughout and by the time the food came they were only interested in getting the perfect family shot for insta. Pretty sad really. I felt sorry for her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Thank you for sharing that it’s really good to know for the next time 😊 the admin staff are absolute pigs as well and the idea of giving birth there makes me so anxious! Genuinely paid for 5 extra scans in private clinics because I was so terrified
I gave birth in Limerick earlier this year as a public patient. The clinic was ridiculous, terrible in fact. Really, really shite. However, the midwives on the labour ward are amazing. I got a room to myself and husband was allowed in straight away as I was in active labour. Maybe, I lucked out but I was so surprised given my prenatal care. This was my third baby. CUMH is pretty bad for prenatal care and the postnatal ward was horrendous. I had one baby abroad and I think the Irish system is totally shite for maternity care. Two scans is ridiculous.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I gave birth in Limerick earlier this year as a public patient. The clinic was ridiculous, terrible in fact. Really, really shite. However, the midwives on the labour ward are amazing. I got a room to myself and husband was allowed in straight away as I was in active labour. Maybe, I lucked out but I was so surprised. This was my third baby. CUMH is pretty bad for clinics as well. I had one baby abroad and I think the Irish system is totally shite for maternity care in comparison.
My husband thought I was being a princess until he witnessed how chaotic it was himself!

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.