Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm amazed she moved away from the obscure Irish name trend. Isla doesn't fit with the other names at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Of course lick arse Sile Seioge had to get in with a cringe comment of congratulations.
Another arseache!
Re the name, I've just realised none of the three names really go with the surname Burke: they all sound a bit clunky. I mean the first two are clunky enough as standalone names but definitely worse with the surname.

Reactions: 5
Sile Seoige is the definition of cringe! I was surprised by the name choice too. I feel like the other girls names are a mash up of 2 names so I was expecting Islaveen or something
Those Beo invitations won't arrive by themselves! Gotta stay in with the Gardashians.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Only Doireann has posted about the new baby, meanwhile Ailbhe is storying in Arnotts (that must be a long day for the poor girl on the Beo concession to put in, can’t say there’d be much interest in it) and Clare is reposting Doireann’s Zara dress story. Would’ve thought they’d at least acknowledge the new addition since Aoibhinn has put the news up herself

• Wow
Reactions: 11
If she had Isla on Monday, things mustn't have been that straight forward if only home today.
3 under 3. Don't know why people are so crazy proud of having siblings close together, I know if time isn't on your side then you have to act quick if you're desperate for several kids but all medical advise would be to give your body at least 2 years to recover from birth

Reactions: 7
The reel of the kids meeting their sister for the first time is lovely but why share this? Is nothing private for these children? I really think there should be rules against sharing children on public pages.

Aoibhin is having a live Sunday with a sleep scientist. No doubt she will act the martyr even though she planned this event around her due date. Its not like the baby arrived crazy early. I'm sure there will be jokes aplenty about how little sleep she is getting and how useful his information is. I'm surprised they didnt have a Beo Baby event around the due date to roll out baby Isla and capitalise on her birth as much as possible 🙄

Reactions: 13
The reel of the kids meeting their sister for the first time is lovely but why share this? Is nothing private for these children? I really think there should be rules against sharing children on public pages.

Aoibhin is having a live Sunday with a sleep scientist. No doubt she will act the martyr even though she planned this event around her due date. Its not like the baby arrived crazy early. I'm sure there will be jokes aplenty about how little sleep she is getting and how useful his information is. I'm surprised they didnt have a Beo Baby event around the due date to roll out baby Isla and capitalise on her birth as much as possible 🙄
The older little girl was so excited to meet her new sister💖 the now middle child did not seem so pleased 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The older little girl was so excited to meet her new sister💖 the now middle child did not seem so pleased 🤣
The older one was so cute. The middle child is too young to really comprehend what’s going on. There’s a huge difference between talk of Mammy having a baby in her tummy to Mammy arriving home with this tiny human after a few days away!

Reactions: 9
Is that a glass of wine at Mother Earth? What? Birthing, breast feeding queen. And the martyr taking the baby out 5 days old, it’s not exactly pleasant august weather on the west coast 🙄

Reactions: 3
Is that a glass of wine at Mother Earth? What? Birthing, breast feeding queen. And the martyr taking the baby out 5 days old, it’s not exactly pleasant august weather on the west coast 🙄

I was wondering how long it would take for a comment like this to show up 😂 jesus let the woman have a glass of vino. I'm in Clare at the moment and it's 19°C in the shade near me now so it's perfectly pleasant.

Reactions: 23
In regards to the wine….I shall be doing the same the minute my baby is born 🤣🤣
It’s ok to have a glass of wine if you are breastfeeding no? And did she actually say she was breastfeeding?

Reactions: 14
I can never understand women who have just had a baby wanting to parade the poor little thing around as soon as possible. I suppose it is her 3rd but still, this instant urge to show baby off and post all over Instagram. Is there no relaxing at home first?!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s not about the wine or the BF, it’s about this ‘ I have 3 kids and watch me out and about on day 5’. She did it when she had hanorah she took her on a boat at a week old and posted all over insta with people telling her she was and looked amazing. Pity the woman like me at 5-7 days was bleeding from every hole, in agony, tired, sore boobs and hormonal. I don’t think anyone means to doubt the wine or BF it’s the false perfection enabling anyone who isn’t dressed up and out for wine on day 5 to feel like they aren’t doing as well.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't understand though why people get so annoyed about someone who is doing fine after a pregnancy and baby's doing well so they out and about enjoying themselves.
Why is it that people only want the stories of misery. She's out and enjoying herself what harm! It's not a false representation of pregnancy or motherhood as every single one is different. Some people find it tough and have mental or medical issues but a huge amount of women don't and find that they are happy, healthy and well able to be out and about enjoying themselves after giving birth.
I'm not a fan of them and I don't dislike them (I struggle to tell the two fair haired women apart) but I just get annoyed if its only acceptable or palatable for people to share miserable pregnancy stories it's not always the case and if someone is struggling and finding it far more difficult than she is all they have to do is not watch. She isn't responsible for anyone else's feelings

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I was wondering how long it would take for a comment like this to show up 😂 jesus let the woman have a glass of vino. I'm in Clare at the moment and it's 19°C in the shade near me now so it's perfectly pleasant.
It was in regard to breast feeding, nothing else. Which I thought was put to the forefront by her previously.

In regards to the wine….I shall be doing the same the minute my baby is born 🤣🤣
It’s ok to have a glass of wine if you are breastfeeding no? And did she actually say she was breastfeeding?
Alcohol while bf … no unless you pump and dump. At 5 days if she is bf her milk is only coming in so i was advised not to pump that early. Couldn’t care less if she was drinking wine in the labour ward the minute she had her, it’s her previous Mother Earth breast feeding routine. Which is it?

Reactions: 3
It was in regard to breast feeding, nothing else. Which I thought was put to the forefront by her previously.

Alcohol while bf … no unless you pump and dump. At 5 days if she is bf her milk is only coming in so i was advised not to pump that early. Couldn’t care less if she was drinking wine in the labour ward the minute she had her, it’s her previous Mother Earth breast feeding routine. Which is it?
Just to say you do not need to pump and dump..serious misinformation and can impact feeding journeys of others. As long as you're able to hold baby and do not cosleep then one or two is fine.

Reactions: 23
Just to say you do not need to pump and dump..serious misinformation and can impact feeding journeys of others. As long as you're able to hold baby and do not cosleep then one or two is fine.
I wasn’t aware. Thanks 🤔🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
[/QUOTE]

She hasn’t said anything about breastfeeding (that I’ve seen anyway). Standard health guidance is one standard sized drink is fine, and there is no requirement to express to clear the milk of alcohol, just recommended to wait about 2 hours to feed.

I wasn’t aware. Thanks 🤔🤷‍♀️
This isn’t the standard medical guidance. I’m not a garrihy supporter but I feel very strongly about letting mothers enjoy a well deserved glass of wine if they wish 😅

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.