Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agh ailbhe sharing her this time last year - 5 days before Sean was born post šŸ™„šŸ™„ anything to scrape back some of the attention
Not to mention a ā€˜subtleā€™ reminder to companies to send all the freebies for the bday

Reactions: 10
Finally catching up here - and am kind of pleased to see the comments defending Aoibhin being out and about after having her little lady. I personally couldnā€™t go outside the door after I had my son because Iā€™d had a section and couldnā€™t drive anywhere and I could hardly lever myself up out of bed let alone have a glass of wine but that doesnā€™t mean if you feel up to it you shouldnā€™t! The horror stories I heard before my section would leave you cold with panic but I found it fine. It didnā€™t tickle like - but I was fine 4 weeks later I wasnā€™t crippled for 3 months like I was told Iā€™d be.
Iā€™m not a fan of the name. In fact I really donā€™t like any of the little girls names but they are her kids not mine šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø My only issue with the post birth photos etc is that those poor children are always dressed the same. Why why why!! Why must everyone who has children dress them the same. They arenā€™t identical twins and even if they were let them have their own identity I think itā€™s so wrong. And so cringe!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I quite like or at least don't mind children dressed alike especially for special occasions, just not all the time. Sometimes my children decide they want the same dress etc or it is sometimes easier to buy the same to avoid conflict. What does annoy me is showing them dressed in perfect dresses with perfect hair and shoes all the time. Where's the unbrushed hair with a pair of leggings and a t-shirt. Normal stuff. Edited to say I went to look at her grid and yes there are pics of normal clothes(always the same) so I suppose I'm wrong. Image is everything to her though. It must be exhausting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I just find it kind of wasteful buying identical outfits for two girls so close in age. Maybe not so much now with another girl recently added but Aoibhin couldā€™ve passed Hanorahā€™s clothes down to Liobhan when she grew out of them. She can still do that sure but I canā€™t see her having Liobhan in the same clothes (hers and then Hanorahā€™s identical version) for the guts of two years.

I put dressing kids the same down to lazinessšŸ™ˆ
And Iā€™d be the first to do it as itā€™s just so handy to add two of everything to the basket šŸ¤Ŗ

Reactions: 2
I just find it kind of wasteful buying identical outfits for two girls so close in age. Maybe not so much now with another girl recently added but Aoibhin couldā€™ve passed Hanorahā€™s clothes down to Liobhan when she grew out of them. She can still do that sure but I canā€™t see her having Liobhan in the same clothes (hers and then Hanorahā€™s identical version) for the guts of two years.
Unpopular opinion but I think itā€™s adorable. I love seeing myself and my sister dressed the same as a child. Also theyā€™re always well presented with lovely clothes. Now I wouldnā€™t do it all the time but there is something very sweet about it.

• Sick
I put dressing kids the same down to lazinessšŸ™ˆ
And Iā€™d be the first to do it as itā€™s just so handy to add two of everything to the basket šŸ¤Ŗ
I reckon I'd do it too! My friend dresses her 2 daughters (15 months apart) the same most of the time for the sheer handiness of it. She also doesn't then have to consider if 1 is wearing something cuter/nicer than the other šŸ¤£ I have zero time for this one or the sisters but the clothes thing isn't a major issue at this age in my opinion. They'll be well able to state their minds about how they want to dress themselves before too long. That's when the hassle starts šŸ¤£

I joined briefly..she could have picked a better spot. The sun was shining into her face and she was squinting and sweating in the heat. Lots of jumping from topic to topic...didnt really flow very well

I reckon I'd do it too! My friend dresses her 2 daughters (15 months apart) the same most of the time for the sheer handiness of it. She also doesn't then have to consider if 1 is wearing something cuter/nicer than the other šŸ¤£ I have zero time for this one or the sisters but the clothes thing isn't a major issue at this age in my opinion. They'll be well able to state their minds about how they want to dress themselves before too long. That's when the hassle starts šŸ¤£
Completely agree with this, my girls were close in age too and I dressed them the same . I mean how do you choose which child get the cutest outfitšŸ˜‚. I had friends who had girls after me so always passed on their clothes to them .

Reactions: 1
Unpopular opinion but I think itā€™s adorable. I love seeing myself and my sister dressed the same as a child. Also theyā€™re always well presented with lovely clothes. Now I wouldnā€™t do it all the time but there is something very sweet about it.
If I had two of the same gender Iā€™d def do it. But like others said, for special occasions/the odd time.

Iā€™d be v surprised if Hanorah doesnā€™t have an opinion on what she wears by now. I have a boy who just turned two. Heā€™s a non stop chatterbox and v vocal about what he wants to wear! (Iā€™d assume Hanorah has a drawer full of pretty dresses though so whatever she chooses is prob v fancy!!)

Aoibhins arnotts love was problematic. She gave birth 5 days ago. A wellness guru should be recovering and taking time out to rest, recover or go out eat a meal but not ā€œgoing back to workā€. Aside from sending out the wrong message as a wellness guru. It also reeks of white privelledge tbh. Look at me doing it all!! Yeah but what about the fact you have most of your family there to mind and hold your infant while you do this?! How many women canā€™t ā€œwork work workā€ because they have no support system?? Ugh I really liked these girls but Aobhinns fakeness is killing any respect i had. Like she didnā€™t preface the live with anything personal or even a disclaimer like Iā€™m managing to do this with support! Anyway best of luck to her but itā€™s a very outdated style in my eyes

Reactions: 8
Aoibhins arnotts love was problematic. She gave birth 5 days ago. A wellness guru should be recovering and taking time out to rest, recover or go out eat a meal but not ā€œgoing back to workā€. Aside from sending out the wrong message as a wellness guru. It also reeks of white privelledge tbh. Look at me doing it all!! Yeah but what about the fact you have most of your family there to mind and hold your infant while you do this?! How many women canā€™t ā€œwork work workā€ because they have no support system?? Ugh I really liked these girls but Aobhinns fakeness is killing any respect i had. Like she didnā€™t preface the live with anything personal or even a disclaimer like Iā€™m managing to do this with support! Anyway best of luck to her but itā€™s a very outdated style in my eyes
I would hardly call that work. Its not like she did a shift in a supermarket or on a hospital ward.

also reeks of white privelledge
What on earth has the colour of her skin got to with anything???

Reactions: 14
I don't think we can compare Aoibhin's live today with 99% of people's "work". She has her own "business" but really it's flogging an image or ideal life which for most people is unrealistic. She has ZERO qualifications in this area and I think in wellness that should be pointed out again and again. There are so many influencers in this area trying to make a quick buck.

Most of us who have normal jobs have deadlines, deliverables, clients and responsibilities. Aoibhin's work is posting a photo wearing a silk scrunchie.

I don't think she came across great in the live...she smiled a lot at points when the guy was speaking. To me it looked like she wasn't listening to be honest...i know the look myself from meetings in work that I am added to that I 100% don't need to be on.

While I agree with nearly all of this, especially the importance of postnatal resting - like she preaches about bloody wellness!! I think calling ā€˜white privilegeā€™ here hurts the cause. Is she privileged to have familial and financial support? Yes. But this is not white privilege specifically and we need to be careful not to throw the term around so that it doesnā€™t lose its meaning.

Reactions: 12
100 per cent agree. Its completely irrelevant what colour her skin is and even bringing that into the conversation is at best a stretch.
I'm not sure in general about the whole privilege thing (as in I don't understand it) does it mean that if someone has something ie. a family or a job or a car etc they are privileged?

Reactions: 4
Maybe best to term it just privilege then. Either way you wouldnā€™t see many women of colour able to do a live a few days after giving birth unless they had the supports she has. The same goes for women from lower and socioeconomic disadvantage

Maybe best to term it just privilege then. Either way you wouldnā€™t see many women of colour able to do a live a few days after giving birth unless they had the supports she has. The same goes for women from lower and socioeconomic disadvantage
Oh give over and stop reaching, would you!!!! And stop being so patronising towards women of colour.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.