Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw something this morning about this having all been foretold. Something about not being queen of the ashes in an old episode?
She said before in a dragon stone council that she didn't want to rule over the ashes. Tyrian has mentioned the ashes of the city before couple of times.

So it was kinda coming, but I expected it to be because she had to. Not just because she felt like doing it.

The score was great as usual, but the best song was the light of the seven that was also used when blowing up the cept.

Reactions: 1
And yes to all this. What was the point of Brienne and Jaime getting it on if he was going to leave her for Cersei in the next episode? There’s no emotional impact, it just makes him look like a dick. It would’ve been better if Brienne’s love had gone unrequited.
would have worked better if he'd stepped back and let Torrmund woo her, he would have adored Brienne. I haven't watched it yet, from what I've read the spoliers were correct, so I'm sulking. Wil watch it tonight then Thronecast.

Reactions: 2
She said before in a dragon stone council that she didn't want to rule over the ashes.
Dany and ashes

That's why you don't name children after stories that haven't been concluded. Loads of daenerys out there...

• Haha
But I didn't hate this one. I think the mad queen thing was foreshadowed enough especially since Dani arrived in westeros and people didn't immediately love her as.she had always thought. Adding to that the Jon thing and all the allies she lost I think it's believable she made that d decision to rule by fear because she's scared the people will never love her.

Also there's some kind of Greek tragedy element - sorry for pretensious comment- about becoming Dany becoming so like the father she wanted to be so different from. Her swooping in killing cersei and taking the throne would have been so Hollywood. But that seems to be what has upset people (on twitter and such )
I don't have a problem with the Mad Queen theory and we have seen hints of it in previous seasons but in this timeline it feels very rushed. The way it was set up this season was just done poorly and used as a plot device. Dany burning down the city felt like it was more for shock value and to prop up why Jon Snow should be King of the Iron Throne (because he has a penis and Dany doesn't).

I also hate that D&D still added an attempted rape scene which they have been criticized for in the past. I wish D&D ended up doing more episodes as HBO suggested for this final season instead of capping it at 6 episodes (so they can go on to ruin other future projects in the works). Their explanation after the end of each episodes, you can tell they really think they're these geniuses when they're not. The reason this episode had it's moments was due to the director, the score, and brilliant acting from certain actors (esp Lena Headey at the end). But this episode killed a lot of character developments. Jaime basically had a character circle and everything he learned from Brienne was for nothing.

Reactions: 5
I’ve just read a theory that the white horse Arya rides out King’s Landing is The Hound reincarnated lol.

Sometimes fan theories are not always better.

• Haha
I agree it was rushed in the sense of it feeling like the whole thing suddenly snowballed. I mean I still don't understand why they had to make it 6 long episodes rather than 10, hour long as usual. After eight seasons it's just a bit of an odd change of pace. But Danys capacity for cruelty has always been there it has definerely been coming from very early on if not the start. Also I've not seen anyone mention anywhere how after begging Jon not to tell anyone last episode she then commanded him - and he disobeyed a.direct command from "his queen." That is quite significant for her psyche and paronoia by that point.

Also I still don't get this Jaime argument. He already became a good person, fought the dead, knighted brienne etc He didn't do anything evil in returning to cirsei he did something compassionate. Especially if she was pregnant - would him killing her really make him better ? Instead he.allowed.us to feel sorry for her and comforted her in her last moments when she was scared.
Seeing her cry was weird tho , like seeing a really strict teacher break down or something . If you think about it she's basically had the same.expression for 8 seasons. Yet she does it so brilliantly.

But Danys capacity for cruelty has always been there it has definerely been coming from very early on if not the start
I may be wrong, but in the past, she’s only done it to those who won’t surrender and has never purposely gone for innocent people.

I think I would’ve been on board with all this if they’d done it over a number of seasons. It’s been far too rushed. It should’ve been a slow burn (lol) but they’re squeezing too many things in in a rush to get to the finish line. In previous seasons, we’ve had one really shocking event per season and now at the end of it all, it’s like two or three per episode. It’s all out of whack.

He didn't do anything evil
Apart from deliberately seducing Brienne, telling her he’d stay with her at Winterfell, then bleeping off back to his pregnant-with-his-baby twin sister? Nope, he’s practically a saint.

I was waiting for an epic Cersei death!! What was that?
I didn't like that at the end the NK wasn't the ultimate villain but still the way of his death was unexpected and great.

Reactions: 4
Half way through.

Massive lol to anyone who called their real life child khalisi or danerys

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I hope this lights a fire under GRRM to actually finish telling his story properly :rolleyes:🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I’ve just watched the last episode. I honestly can’t help but feel a bit robbed! I’ve devoted 8 years of my life to these people and quite frankly I’ve become quite emotionally attached to a lot of them 😂 and he just kills them all off almost in one bleeping episode. I feel the whole Dany going mad plot is just a bit of a cop out, allowing her to finish off almost the entire land with her remaining dragon - I disagreed at first with people saying it’s been rushed and streamlined too much, but I have to say I’m beginning to agree.

We needed at least an episode on dragonstone to sell the mad queen. They had all the sets already built and wouldn't have needed much Effects or extras so a cheap padding episode.

I'm still feeling robbed over the night king

Reactions: 4
I can't believe thats how Jaime and Sersei die! Like seriously WTAF!! REALLY?!? she deserved a Joffrey or Ramsey death.. not a blink and you miss, kissy death. Wouldn't surprise me though if in the next episode, we see that the rubble has fallen all around them and they are safe. D&D keep doing that! You 'think they are dead' bit they aren't. Very 1990s, bad Hollywood writing. D&D have butchered the show

Reactions: 7
Such a boring death for Jamie and Cersei (unless, as said above, there's a plot twist and they emerge from the rubble!)

The Hound vs The Mountain was also a bit of a damp squib. The Hound's fight with Brienne was bleeping legendary imo!

I think the final straw that turned Dany into a mad woman was being sexually rejected by Jon. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned etc.

Arya dodged death so many times she must have more lives than a cat.

I'll give this episode a 5/10.

F***ing hell, I'm so upset!!!! The leak I had read was right and my worst GOT nightmare came true. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] Daenerys breaker of chains becomes killer of innocent people, why D&D, whyyyyyyy?
It doesn't make any sense! Fine, she lost most of the people she trusted and Jon couldn't keep his mouth shut, but still! Couldn't she just kill Cersei, period?!
Emilia is such a brilliant actress, that scene when she's waiting to hear the bell, you see all the emotions going through her head, she really is brilliant. As is Lena Headey. It baffles me how they don't even need to say anything, their faces really do all the work.
I had read about Emilia walking aimlessly for 3 hours after reading the scripts for season 8 and learning what happens to Daenerys, now it all makes sense!! I can't even imagine how frustrated/pissed off she must've been. Murdered either by Jon or Arya, what a brilliant ending. [emoji15]
At least we gave GOT memes.

• Haha
I'm sort of seeing it from a different view now though, the whole story was based on them being the villains because they took the throne from the targaryens, when really this was all they were trying to avoid in the first place and that's what they are trying to show. I still think it has been put across very poorly though. Jamie was always 'kingslayer' and had a lifetime of being reminded of it, when really all he did was save Kings landing.

Reactions: 1
I think whatevs the last series brought it would never make everyone happy - so personally just taking it as it is

Reactions: 3