Gabriella Lindley #67 Total nutter, snacking on butter, career down the gutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember when Gabby cried on her birthday because she loved Hobbie so much

• Haha
Reactions: 37
It makes my day every time someone new comes to the thread and asks about the shitting in boxes thing... to then find out that's not even a joke or something dumb she said once but something she actually admitted she did TWICE

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I unfortunately saw this on Facebook so now you all have to and I guarantee you'll think of Gabby.

FB_IMG_1653601750086.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I often wonder if Gab eats strange things/ purposely doesn’t look after herself in order to bring on symptoms that mimic serious illness to get her mum back down the motorway. I think other people are right and she’s quiet because Jane is there. More than likely though she wants people to think “ew no, what happened with her biopsy? I hope she’s not quiet because it was bad news” 🙄

Reactions: 28
I often wonder if Gab eats strange things/ purposely doesn’t look after herself in order to bring on symptoms that mimic serious illness to get her mum back down the motorway. I think other people are right and she’s quiet because Jane is there. More than likely though she wants people to think “ew no, what happened with her biopsy? I hope she’s not quiet because it was bad news” 🙄
She definitely wants people to think this. And I'm sure if she isn't there yet, Jane will be there for Gabby's birthday (though she'll probably pretend she's with somebody else)

Reactions: 17
I’d love to know how much money she’s making from Adsense on all her old videos, she has over a thousand videos up on her two channels - not including the jewniper mewn one. I know it’s not a huge amount, but it must be enough to tide her over when she’s not working. She hasn’t posted anything work related in two weeks. And she’s threatened to delete her old embarrassing videos but she never does. She’s so predictable, hiding and pretending to be ill every year before her birthday.

Reactions: 18
She's reposted a story from Nev, he's from a show called "Catfish" on MTV. The story is talking about basically treating gun buying how abortion is with the requirements of being able to get one. Funny though if you ask her what resources she plans to utilize that she'll just block you instead of saying maybe she doesn't quite understand the politics of the US and how gun crazy some are here. Something DOES need to change and I think stricter laws may help but also there's obviously ways to get guns illegally, even though from my understanding is that the shooter in Texas purchased his firearms legally. I don't think just gun control is the answer, it needs to be beyond that and better security measures as well. From my understanding as well unless I read incorrect information the doors to the school were unlocked which is an unfortunate oversight. But as you've seen our government doesn't always use their money to help in situations that so desperately need it.

Anyway just pisses me off that she and other influencers can post and be performative while we continue to live out this nightmare. I do NOT live in the state that this happened but the point is it could and has happened all over the US. I can't do much but I am doing my job as a parent to see what I CAN do. I haven't told my child about the shooting because said child is younger and has not heard about it, but if said child hears it at school then we will have that conversation. If not, we will have to have it before said child goes to the next grade. Gabs, I know you read here. Can you imagine having that talk with your child? A literal innocent baby? Like those innocent babies that lost their lives and saw their friends and teachers merciless murdered? Do you know how terrifying it is to send your baby to what should be a safe haven? But sure you can't even handle someone asking you what resources and you just regurgitate and parrot things you see without understanding the reality of the US and why MOST of us are sick of it but sadly it's not an overnight change even though as a country our #1 priority should be keeping our children safe. Either act or be quiet because it's disgusting at this point. The same with other performative influencers and celebrities and people. *

*Disclaimer, I do know that there are some influencers, celebrities and other public figures who do actually attempt to help and cause change. Gabs is not one of them and I was hoping it'd be different but I've lost any shred of hope I had for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Mods, you can kick me if you want, but I commented on her home account with this. I feel too strongly about this and it isn't just her that I called out for being performative. Also the link, if anyone can share as well. I am still researching but it looks to at least be a good start on getting something changed. Thank you. I think I am going to step away from here a bit and enjoy my child's break with said child and focus my energy on said child and changing things for said childs safety and other children. ♥ to you all.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She's reposted a story from Nev, he's from a show called "Catfish" on MTV. The story is talking about basically treating gun buying how abortion is with the requirements of being able to get one. Funny though if you ask her what resources she plans to utilize that she'll just block you instead of saying maybe she doesn't quite understand the politics of the US and how gun crazy some are here. Something DOES need to change and I think stricter laws may help but also there's obviously ways to get guns illegally, even though from my understanding is that the shooter in Texas purchased his firearms legally. I don't think just gun control is the answer, it needs to be beyond that and better security measures as well. From my understanding as well unless I read incorrect information the doors to the school were unlocked which is an unfortunate oversight. But as you've seen our government doesn't always use their money to help in situations that so desperately need it.

Anyway just pisses me off that she and other influencers can post and be performative while we continue to live out this nightmare. I do NOT live in the state that this happened but the point is it could and has happened all over the US. I can't do much but I am doing my job as a parent to see what I CAN do. I haven't told my child about the shooting because said child is younger and has not heard about it, but if said child hears it at school then we will have that conversation. If not, we will have to have it before said child goes to the next grade. Gabs, I know you read here. Can you imagine having that talk with your child? A literal innocent baby? Like those innocent babies that lost their lives and saw their friends and teachers merciless murdered? Do you know how terrifying it is to send your baby to what should be a safe haven? But sure you can't even handle someone asking you what resources and you just regurgitate and parrot things you see without understanding the reality of the US and why MOST of us are sick of it but sadly it's not an overnight change even though as a country our #1 priority should be keeping our children safe. Either act or be quiet because it's disgusting at this point. The same with other performative influencers and celebrities and people. *

*Disclaimer, I do know that there are some influencers, celebrities and other public figures who do actually attempt to help and cause change. Gabs is not one of them and I was hoping it'd be different but I've lost any shred of hope I had for her.
I don’t get this take at all, I can see it’s raw for you and obviously very personal as you live in the US. However I’m a person that comments vocally on political issues no matter the country. I don’t have to donate, help or advocate for one of the richest most powerful countries in the world in order to be entitled to an opinion and neither does anyone else.
If an atrocity happened in the UK I wouldn’t be demanding all US influences or citizens couldn’t share an opinion without offering a fix or money.

I agree that gun culture is deeply ingrained in US culture. However people can and still will comment, share videos, be outraged. Just as people from other countries (I’m sure even you) comment on Russia/China ect and I’m sure many other Europeans had opinions on the British voting for Brexit ect.
I don’t like gabby either, however I think you’re allowing your own personal upset to take over, she’s well within her rights to comment on the lunacy of school shooting in the US, without advocating, donating or even understanding the nuances. I imagine if she did try to advocate, donate ect, she’d be called performative and you’d angrily list other atrocities she doesn’t speak up about. Frankly you’d be donating daily as that’s about as often as mass shooting occur in the US. Including a racially motivated one that happened weeks ago. I think your anger at having to explain a heartbreakingly disgusting situation to your children is better directed at your government and not a random irrelevant problematic British has been YouTuber or anyone that shares an opinion in a way you don’t think is “helpful”.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Is she still friends with that hobbie guy
I think she goes back and forth between following and unfollowing him in the hope that he'll notice her again.

And btw, I don't begrudge Gabby for sharing that story - lots of my friends have shared it. Here in the UK we don't understand gun control and gun laws because we don't have to, so I think anybody outside of the US should be excused for simply thinking that if it wasn't so easy to buy a gun, children would still be alive. I know that's reductive but that's how most of us who don't live in gun culture feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Personally I think it’s no bad thing that someone is trying to encourage Gabby to actually read up on an issue she has an ‘opinion’ on for once. This is not a one off for her. I’m sick of her ‘opinions’ that don’t make sense and evidence the fact she knows absolutely nothing about anything all the time. The last thing she needs is anyone excusing her ignorance.

Reactions: 17
I don’t get this take at all, I can see it’s raw for you and obviously very personal as you live in the US. However I’m a person that comments vocally on political issues no matter the country. I don’t have to donate, help or advocate for one of the richest most powerful countries in the world in order to be entitled to an opinion and neither does anyone else.
If an atrocity happened in the UK I wouldn’t be demanding all US influences or citizens couldn’t share an opinion without offering a fix or money.

I agree that gun culture is deeply ingrained in US culture. However people can and still will comment, share videos, be outraged. Just as people from other countries (I’m sure even you) comment on Russia/China ect and I’m sure many other Europeans had opinions on the British voting for Brexit ect.
I don’t like gabby either, however I think you’re allowing your own personal upset to take over, she’s well within her rights to comment on the lunacy of school shooting in the US, without advocating, donating or even understanding the nuances. I imagine if she did try to advocate, donate ect, she’d be called performative and you’d angrily list other atrocities she doesn’t speak up about. Frankly you’d be donating daily as that’s about as often as mass shooting occur in the US. Including a racially motivated one that happened weeks ago. I think your anger at having to explain a heartbreakingly disgusting situation to your children is better directed at your government and not a random irrelevant problematic British has been YouTuber or anyone that shares an opinion in a way you don’t think is “helpful”.
I agree in a sense, actually. I didn't say she or anyone had to donate or anything of the sort. Sharing resources would be nice. It's still performative if it is just sharing a post like quotes or the Nev thing and then going on about your day. I even said I've done it myself. I do agree that my anger was probably misplaced but it's frustrating to see people who have platforms who could potentially be helping. Is it their job to? No. But if they share a post on their public platform it can and will open up to conversation. I can respect maybe not understanding how brutal the gun culture is here if you're looking at it from an outside perspective and I can say maybe I was a bit harsh but at the end of the day like I said in my post I am going to direct my energy to where it truly matters.

Back to going back offline from here for a bit. Thanks everyone for engaging in respectful dialogue. That's important.

Reactions: 10
Personally I think it’s no bad thing that someone is trying to encourage Gabby to actually read up on an issue she has an ‘opinion’ on for once. This is not a one off for her. I’m sick of her ‘opinions’ that don’t make sense and evidence the fact she knows absolutely nothing about anything all the time. The last thing she needs is anyone excusing her ignorance.
I think that person would be doing something more helpful if they typed that angry message out to the government or NRA, instead of Gabby and expecting her to help exact change in the US gun laws.
We are all ignorant to a certain degree and whilst I agree that Gabby educating herself would be helpful (but maybe for her impossible, as I doubt she has the capacity). I don’t and imagine many others wouldn’t expect people commenting on the war in Ukraine to have a comprehensive understanding of Russian History, the rise & the fall of the Soviet Union or any other relevant geopolitical information to know, bombing innocent people = bad. Just as, Shooting children = bad.

Reactions: 8
We are all ignorant to a certain degree and whilst I agree that Gabby educating herself would be helpful (but maybe for her impossible, as I doubt she has the capacity). I don’t and imagine many others would expect people commenting on the war in Ukraine to have a comprehensive understanding of Russian History, the rise & the fall of the Soviet Union or any other relevant geopolitical information to know, bombing innocent people = bad. Just as, Shooting children = bad.
Well to be honest, I don't see the value in anyone at all sharing opinions that are wildly uneducated and uninformed. I don't understand why someone wouldn't think 'hmmm, it seems like 'just sorting it' should be the answer, but that hasn't happened, so maybe there's more to it and I will go and have a read to understand why instead of Tweeting idle nonsense'. And that's certainly not limited to Gabby, I roll my eyes whenever I see literally anyone doing that on social media. However, sharing reductivist and uninformed 'opinions' is certainly more common amongst influencers.

Frankly I find it embarrassing for her as a woman approaching 30 that she never wants to educate herself on ANY topic, whilst producing what she probably thinks are pithy one liners on complicated social and political topics. You don't need to have a degree in American politics or legal systems to go away and read a bit about what you're Tweeting. Influencers have huge platforms and it's such an opportunity for her to say 'hey guys, my first reaction to this was 'why can't it just be sorted?' But I did some reading and I realised why it's not that simple. Here's some resources you might be interested in.' No it's not her job, but nor is Tweeting or putting on Instagram anything about this - she doesn't make political content (thank God for us all). Gabby needs no encouragement at all to remain ignorant whilst also promoting obnoxious 'opinions' and she does it not because she actually cares about any of these causes, but because she enjoys the sense of superiority she gets from promoting her faux outrage. To me that's just not worth defending.

ETA she hasn't actually said 'shooting children is bad' and that's kind of my point. She's suggesting an unworkable solution to 'just sort it!!!' which clearly cannot be achieved. So what is the value to anyone of her sharing nonsense like that? That's not an 'opinion' worth sharing and she would know that if she Googled gun issues for 5 minutes. Climbing off the soapbox now...just find it extremely annoying.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.