Gabriella Lindley #13 eat what I like and deal with the pain, that's right I'm insane

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to add on to the scan - the fact that her NHS scan wasn't booked until December. It's not because of the 'long waiting lists' it's because it's not urgent, how telling! I've literally never had to wait for a scan longer than 2 weeks

Reactions: 41
Just to add on to the scan - the fact that her NHS scan wasn't booked until December. It's not because of the 'long waiting lists' it's because it's not urgent, how telling! I've literally never had to wait for a scan longer than 2 weeks
Yes! If it was urgent she would have been seen before now. Hell, I had a scan on Xmas Eve one time because they thought I might need surgery.
I bet they said something to the effect of "we'll book it in for late in the year and if your symptoms clear up with dietary changes you can cancel"
That's their usual MO with things that the person can help by themselves! They sadly have to put a lot of trust in the patient being willing to help themselves for things like this, which she just isn't.

Reactions: 18
Yes! If it was urgent she would have been seen before now. Hell, I had a scan on Xmas Eve one time because they thought I might need surgery.
I bet they said something to the effect of "we'll book it in for late in the year and if your symptoms clear up with dietary changes you can cancel"
That's their usual MO with things that the person can help by themselves! They sadly have to put a lot of trust in the patient being willing to help themselves for things like this, which she just isn't.
100%! That's what's tend to happen if you don't abuse the NHS - you are actually seen urgently. She went and booked herself a private scan as she's so convinced there's something wrong with her, when in fact it's just her lifestyle

tbh I get her to an extent, when I have days where I don't do anything (her whole life in this case) I really tend to fixate and obsess on my problems or any pains and aches that I have, I think a lot of people. This is exactly why she should find herself a normal job or a hobby :)

also PS, the gallbladder is on the left side, not the right lol

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Another youtuber I follow on Instagram (that_wilkes_woman)‘s daughter had stomach pains and was admitted to A+E 4 days ago, according to her Instagram, and is getting surgery today to remove her gallbladder. All in 4 days, yet gobs has had to wait months for just for her scan? Seems sus to me 👀

Reactions: 45
Can you be black listed on the NHS? Surely not getting a scan for 6 months is really telling, do we think there is a description of hypochondriac on her notes 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Deifnitely another one she’s written to herself so she can make it seem like she’s speaking to/involved with someone
Nah, I reckon it's more her trying to justify/convince herself and her viewers that she's doesn't needed someone because really she's not capable of getting someone.

Reactions: 2
I honestly thought it was quite good when she came out to talk about her weight loss surgery. A breath of fresh air, transparency with the viewers, etc. I wish I'd seen back then that she was using it as an excuse rather than being honest with herself.

Reactions: 12
Can you be black listed on the NHS? Surely not getting a scan for 6 months is really telling, do we think there is a description of hypochondriac on her notes 🤣🤣
You can for certain specialities and reasons. I know because we had to do it to one person :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: 9
When I started secondary school, I pretty much missed half of the year from stomach pains. I had the scans, meds, everything, nothing showed up. I saw my GPs notes one day and saw the word hypochondriac. Totally pissed me off that they essentially passed it off as me making a mountain of a molehill. Eventually afte reeking help, we realised that it was more anxiety driven, and I had a lot of things going on in my personal life plus the change of going to secondary, and it all even accounted for my epilepsy starting up around that age.
Long story short, she could be attention seeking, she could just be a dirty witch with worms, or it could be to do with her mental health 🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: 15
I don't know how this works but after retirement do youtubers get any kind of pension? I cannot see Gabby lasting,and she will spend all of her money in the long run. I remember seeing some figures of her financial state and it was like 200k/year? it used to be around 300k when she first started youtube and hung out with zoe.
Current full state pension is only £160 a week, cant see Gabby living off that (and thats if she continues to pay NI over the years)

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Finding what works for you is so important, and I can see how traditional talking it through could be difficult. I wish Gabby would have continued on because she really does need help. Also when she said “therapy isn’t for everyone” and then continued on about how she’s healing herself, it made me worry about her followers, by implying that healing herself was easy and seeking help unnecessary, it might make them think they aren’t in need of assistance when they are.
incredibly good point, that’s what I was thinking too. I know a lot of people who post about how they’re proud that they’ve pulled themselves out of depression or tackled their anxiety head on. That’s great, but some of them imply that therapy is a waste of time and it’s SO dangerous. Not everyone is in the position to heal themselves, they may not have the right resources to do so or they might think they’re healing but with incredibly unhealthy behaviours and attitudes because they’re lacking that guidance... aka Gabbie

I don’t think Gabbie can do this on her own. She lacks self awareness and replaces her old toxic behaviours with new different toxic behaviours and calls it growth. There is no shame in accepting help from other people.

it’s bloody hard work, even to just get the ball rolling with therapy takes huge steps accepting you need help, but it would be so good for her. She shouldn’t keep punishing herself for not being where she wants to be and wallowing in self pity

• Heart
Reactions: 13
One minute she feels so down she can’t get out of bed and the next minute her heart is so full 🙄
Not to diagnose or anything but for a long time I’ve thought she might have something like bipolar for this reason. One minute she’s making out like she’s suicidal, the next it’s all “omg I have so many plans I’m going to change my life I’m so excited” and the wild cycling is not normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
God, why all the RANDOMLY CAPITALISED words in this?? It's like a coded message....Nelly is that you?????? Hang in there lad
Funniest post on here #prayfornelly

I asked her once what her aversion was to capitalisation in the grammatically correct places i.e. the start of a sentence... I'm surprised I wasn't blocked. I know it's just because she's sew sew aLt3rn4Tive.

Unbearable twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She said in her weight loss surgery video that she saw a nutritionist for a couple of years, who recommended diet plans, none of which she followed, and then prescribed her weight loss pills which she abused. duck knows why she wasn’t in therapy at that point. Jane has a lot to answer for.
Thing is, if they didn't work before, why is normal dieting supposedly working now. She's banging on about losing 24lbs but that method apparently didn't work when she wanted the WLS.

She just twists things to how she wants them and when she wants them.

Reactions: 21
Thing is, if they didn't work before, why is normal dieting supposedly working now. She's banging on about losing 24lbs but that method apparently didn't work when she wanted the WLS.

She just twists things to how she wants them and when she wants them.
That’s what I’ve never understood about her. She says she can’t eat crispy food etc, but post WLS you’re supposed to stay away from soft foods (referred to as slider foods) as they pass through really quickly so you eat more. You’re supposed to have veggies and dense foods. If she could stick to doing that, she’d be full super quickly and would remain full for a while, you’re also not supposed to drink for half an hour after eating or it causes “dumping syndrome” (which does what it says on the tin... 😳) and yet she’s always got drinks with food.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
How she passed the psych assessment for WLS is beyond me... or complete the mandatory liver reduction diet 2 weeks before the op! I would bet good money on guessing she completely ditched the aftercare programme too (normally at least a year) and just thought she knew best and was above it all. The whole process is quite similar to therapy in that you have to face and deal with a lot of your deamons head on so it isn't surprising she can't hack that either.

• Heart
How she passed the psych assessment for WLS is beyond me... or complete the mandatory liver reduction diet 2 weeks before the op! I would bet good money on guessing she completely ditched the aftercare programme too (normally at least a year) and just thought she knew best and was above it all. The whole process is quite similar to therapy in that you have to face and deal with a lot of your deamons head on so it isn't surprising she can't hack that either.
Christ the liver reduction was a BALLACHE. For those who don’t know, one of the options for liver reduction is the milk diet.
4 pints of semi skimmed, 2 litres of water, and 1 salty drink (like a stock cube in hot water) every day, and that’s it. I had to do it for TWO WEEKS. It was bleeping hell on Earth.

• Wow
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.