Gabby Petito

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure that Gabby's parents will feel like they have closure? 😕 Unless the notebook does offer some sort of explanation for what happened, though even then, how could you believe his version of events?

Screenshot_20211124-074252.png

Reactions: 6
Yep, even if he wrote something in the notebook it doesn't mean it's true or complete. Closure won't come from an explanation or confession from a source that can't be trusted.

I don't buy the popular belief that he killed himself out of remorse/guilt either.

News update here for anyone who needs it:

Reactions: 7
Yep, even if he wrote something in the notebook it doesn't mean it's true or complete. Closure won't come from an explanation or confession from a source that can't be trusted.

I don't buy the popular belief that he killed himself out of remorse/guilt either.

News update here for anyone who needs it:

Exactly. Can we even trust his words anyway?
Although, even if he lies, sometimes there's some skilled writing and language experts in cases, who can decode or analyse what was really going on with him.

Anyway, he definitely didn't do it for remorse. He just wanted to avoid punishment/ jail.

Reactions: 6
I’ve seen loads of theories about Brian’s parents being behind it all. As in killing gabby and then later killing Brian.
I can kind of get behind the idea of them being involved with gabby, as in Brian killed her and then they agreed to get involved/cover up. But I can’t fathom going from “protecting our son” to deciding to kill him. That doesn’t quite add up for me.
I really hope more information comes out because gabby’s family deserve to know what happened to her.

Reactions: 5
I dont think the notebook will. Hence why he killed himself, he doesn't want to explain.

If anything, I can just imagine his notebook being filled with self-pitty and excuses. But no real explanation or responsibility for what he's done. He probably wanted to still look like the victim. Plus he knew it would be found. And would still want to protect his reputation as much as he can.

Or the notebook might explain how he was feeling at the time, but not explain the 'whys'. He won't detail what exactly happened between him and Gabby. He is a coward.
He’s probably expressed himself through ‘art.’ I see his suicide as more about not wanting a life in prison. I honestly think it was the thought of living a confined and restricted life for the next 60+ years that made him kill himself. If it was grief he’s have done it in the days after he killed poor Gabby. I think you’re right though it will be self pity!

Reactions: 10
FBI Update - apparently Brian’s notebook contained a confession. Such a sad story all around but I’m glad the Petito and Schmidt families know definitively that he was responsible, not that it will make things better.

The report also says “After Ms. Petito’s death, there were several text messages identified between Mr. Laundrie’s telephone and Ms. Petito’s telephone. The timing and content of these messages are indicative of Mr. Laundrie attempting to deceive law enforcement by giving the impression that Ms. Petito was still alive.”

• Sad
Reactions: 22
FBI Update - apparently Brian’s notebook contained a confession. Such a sad story all around but I’m glad the Petito and Schmidt families know definitively that he was responsible, not that it will make things better.

The report also says “After Ms. Petito’s death, there were several text messages identified between Mr. Laundrie’s telephone and Ms. Petito’s telephone. The timing and content of these messages are indicative of Mr. Laundrie attempting to deceive law enforcement by giving the impression that Ms. Petito was still alive.”

I'm so upset that the family won't get proper closure. Will Brian's parents be charged? Or were people simply speculating that they'd helped him?

Reactions: 8
I’m glad that it has been confirmed publicly that it was Brian. Not the justice the family hoped for, but hopefully some kind of closure. I HATE how in all his statements, the Laundrie lawyer talks about Gabby and Brian and is almost trying to compare/equate the loss that both families have experienced.
I wonder if the full contents of the notebook will be revealed? I’m sure more and more snippets will be revealed once the case is closed formally. The Petition/Schmidts might feel they are free to talk then too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Utterly distasteful and disrespectful statement from the Laundrie lawyer portraying both murderer and victim as though they were double victims in some external tragedy/accident deserving of the same sympathy.

I doubt we'll ever get reliable answers to the questions that remain. I would like to see the whole notebook & confession published, as it could help give strength to other people to leave abusive relationships.

Reactions: 11
I agree, the statement comes across as if some external tragedy took the lives of both Gabby and Brian, when in reality Brian is responsible for all of it. I have no doubt his family is suffering from losing him, and knowing he murdered his fiancée. But the statement should have been written way more respectfully, especially now that the FBI has concluded their investigation and confirmed Brian’s guilt.

Reactions: 5
I agree, the statement comes across as if some external tragedy took the lives of both Gabby and Brian, when in reality Brian is responsible for all of it. I have no doubt his family is suffering from losing him, and knowing he murdered his fiancée. But the statement should have been written way more respectfully, especially now that the FBI has concluded their investigation and confirmed Brian’s guilt.
Where can you find the statement?
I googled it quickly but only found the info released by the FBI.

'are no longer with her families'? yeah, because of Brian. Both of them aren't here because of Brian's actions. He is NOT a victim in this, he's the criminal. Like. what the duck man.

• Heart
Reactions: 20