Friday Night Dinner

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was watching some after series show and the writer said he based most of the programmes on his family where most of the stuff actually happened...with some embellishment of course. I think he finally ran out of stories. 😬

Reactions: 4
Just hope they leave it at this series now. They should never have made a comeback. What a load of shite 💩💩💩💩

Reactions: 1
Just hope they leave it at this series now. They should never have made a comeback. What a load of shite 💩💩💩💩
They really should of left it at the last one. Can't believe I looked forward to this coming back on. Its literally just a remix of everything they've already done. No one seems to progress age wise etc they needed new dimensions which would of helped open up new story lines but they ruined it instead by just making all the characters over the top? And Jim is grating on me so badly. Piss off Jim!! 😂🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
They really should of left it at the last one. Can't believe I looked forward to this coming back on. Its literally just a remix of everything they've already done. No one seems to progress age wise etc they needed new dimensions which would of helped open up new story lines but they ruined it instead by just making all the characters over the top? And Jim is grating on me so badly. Piss off Jim!! 😂🤣
Exactly👏👏👏

Reactions: 2
I haven’t watched tonight’s yet (I was too busy watching Charityshopsue 😍) but sounds like I haven’t missed much and it was crap again 😕

Last night's episode started quite well, then rapidly descended. Too extreme. Note to Robert Popper: character development isn't about pushing the characters to the very extremes of possibility.

I must be the only one still finding it funny :ROFLMAO:

And no I'm not Robert Popper :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I just want to see some character development, Adam and Johnny just get more immature with every series. And Jim is used too much for awkward laughs now and it's just awkward.

But Tom Rosenthal looks so good in a suit! 😍😍

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anyone else feel slightly uncomfortable at Jim and the rice pudding scene?
Yeah it made me cringe the whole way. So weird. The only thing I did enjoy was how the mum and auntie have obviously coordinated the way they speak - I wasn’t looking at the screen for most of the episode and had trouble figuring out which one was speaking!

• Haha
This new series has been a massive disappointment. The best series were the first two. It's always been slightly madcap but the characters are far too exaggerated and odd now.

Controversial opinion but I've always found Jim to be the weak link of the show. He was bearable at the beginning when his appearances were brief but now he's more heavily involved I don't find him remotely funny.

Reactions: 15
I must be the only one still finding it funny :ROFLMAO:

And no I'm not Robert Popper :cool:
I’m still finding it funny too :) it says something about my family that I find a lot of what happens relatable or that certain characters remind me very much of family members😳🤣

Anyone else feel slightly uncomfortable at Jim and the rice pudding scene?
I have a weird textural thing with milky things with bits in (rice pudding/custard/porridge) since childhood so I couldn't watch half the episode but I agree with everyone that it's just got too out there. Adam does look well over 30. Would he be having his head flushed down the loo at his age? And why did everyone just follow Val's demands? It didnt make any sense!

I’m still finding it funny too :) it says something about my family that I find a lot of what happens relatable or that certain characters remind me very much of family members😳🤣
Ha mine too! There's 6 of us ranging from 49 to 32, we all still call each other shithead, dick face etc. Something about being together and at home makes us resort to bring children! 🤣

Reactions: 1
I have a weird textural thing with milky things with bits in (rice pudding/custard/porridge) since childhood so I couldn't watch half the episode but I agree with everyone that it's just got too out there. Adam does look well over 30. Would he be having his head flushed down the loo at his age? And why did everyone just follow Val's demands? It didnt make any sense!
The pranking thing yes! It was fine series 1 pouring a bit of salt in the others water or the occasional silly text from mums phone. But the pranking now is just bullying each other and isn't funny. And they are more fighty and confrontational compared to the early series. It just feels they are regressing in maturity series by series.

I would honestly like to see the introduction of females for Adam and Johnny and I mean actually seeing them come for dinner rather than just being mentioned. Given Martin's crazy ways the introduction of females is bound to give plenty of opportunities for good material.

And Val, well, what a mess she was. I know she has always been a highly strung character but it was too ridiculous.

All the characters are just caricatures now.