Friday Night Dinner

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The pranking thing yes! It was fine series 1 pouring a bit of salt in the others water or the occasional silly text from mums phone. But the pranking now is just bullying each other and isn't funny. And they are more fighty and confrontational compared to the early series. It just feels they are regressing in maturity series by series.

I would honestly like to see the introduction of females for Adam and Johnny and I mean actually seeing them come for dinner rather than just being mentioned. Given Martin's crazy ways the introduction of females is bound to give plenty of opportunities for good material.

And Val, well, what a mess she was. I know she has always been a highly strung character but it was too ridiculous.

All the characters are just caricatures now.
Yes I think they should have had one of the girlfriends round for dinner and then one of the guys could have been panicking incase the other embarrasses him.

Reactions: 2
Yes I think they should have had one of the girlfriends round for dinner and then one of the guys could have been panicking incase the other embarrasses him.

Adam and Jonny finally bring their `females" home to meet their parents, and just to add to the potential confusion both girls are called Lucy. Before the objects of their affection can make it out of the car, the boys rush into the house to give Mum and Dad a last-minute rundown of the `rules". Though Mum seems delighted, Dad fails to make the best first impression. Nevertheless, the evening is saved from complete disaster thanks to some exciting revelations.

Reactions: 4
I have caught up with all the episodes now. This week’s was literally 🤢. Sadism abounded. Very gross and pervy.

Reactions: 1
Oh I’m so disappointed in this series. It’s not even slightly bad it’s utterly awful 😞 how can it go so wrong??? Can’t remember the last show i watched that’s gone off the rails as much as this one. I feel like there’s not enough Martin, too much Jim, too much Adam and Jonny. I cannot even believe they are still using the pissface and pussface insults, it feels so stale. I also can’t stand Auntie Val I wish she wasn’t even in it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh I’m so disappointed this this series. It’s not even slightly bad it’s utterly awful 😞 how can it go so wrong??? Can’t remember the last show i watched that’s gone off the rails as much as this one. I feel like there’s not enough Martin, too much Jim, too much Adam and Jonny. I cannot even believe they are still using the pissface and puss face terms, it feels so stale. I also can’t stand Auntie Val I wish she wasn’t even in it.
Totally agree👏

Oh I’m so disappointed in this series. It’s not even slightly bad it’s utterly awful 😞 how can it go so wrong??? Can’t remember the last show i watched that’s gone off the rails as much as this one. I feel like there’s not enough Martin, too much Jim, too much Adam and Jonny. I cannot even believe they are still using the pissface and pussface insults, it feels so stale. I also can’t stand Auntie Val I wish she wasn’t even in it.
You are right, I would much prefer more Martin

Reactions: 1
OMG this is absolute tit! the first series is on after this ep so I might have a watch of that.

That episode was absolutely awful. I was actually embarrassed for the actors at the end it was so poor. Such a shame as it was so funny in the earlier series.

• Sad
Thought the ending was emotional 😭 loved how happy they all were. Think that was the end of the show although I would like so see how they were as dads/grandparents in the future.

Reactions: 6
Thought the ending was emotional 😭 loved how happy they all were. Think that was the end of the show although I would like so see how they were as dads/grandparents in the future.
It would open up lots of potential storylines of them bring their kids to Friday Night Dinner, and how they behave both parenting their children but also still putting salt in each others water etc.

But I think the end last night was a good place to call it a day. It was a sweet ending, but the series to get there was pretty poor for me.

Reactions: 6
It would open up lots of potential storylines of them bring their kids to Friday Night Dinner, and how they behave both parenting their children but also still putting salt in each others water etc.

But I think the end last night was a good place to call it a day. It was a sweet ending, but the series to get there was pretty poor for me.
I agree, last night's episode wasn't quite as toe curling. It was probably due to the fact that Jim didn't take over the whole episode 🙄

I agree, last night's episode wasn't quite as toe curling. It was probably due to the fact that Jim didn't take over the whole episode 🙄
Last night’s episode was the best of this series (although can’t say I enjoyed it that much - there were a few funny bits). Jim is so overrated.

I agree it seemed like the perfect end to me. Having children and partners in the mix I think would change the dynamic a bit too much and make it a completely different show. I liked the episode more than the others this series. It was a nice extra cheesy send off. I did comment on the lack of gravy and the chicken soup followed by roast chicken to my husband who's jewish but non practicing.He said it was a typical jewish dinner but I'm not sure if he was winding me up! I'm sure I'd have noticed if I hadn't had gravy at his auntys house. She is the only one who still keeps a kosher house in his family.

Last night's episode was definitely the strongest this series for me, largely because there was far less Jim in it. I agree with the post wanting more Martin this series; he has always been the funniest character for me.

But it wrapped up quite nicely in the end.

Reactions: 5
And would Jackie have been ok with non-Jewish daughters-in-law? Presuming the Lucies weren't Jewish... I mean, they could be! I just think it would have been discussed when the boys announced they had girlfriends. Also, babies before marriage! I'm Jewish, in a fairly observant community, and these things are ALWAYS discussed!

Reactions: 3
I think Jackie definitely would have been OK with non-Jewish DILs. I’m not sure she would have been OK with her sons knocking up their girlfriends a) without a wedding and b) before she’d even MET them 😂 It just seemed so out of character to see her go “Oh OK then!” instead of slapping the boys around the head, etc

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not really FND related but kind of. I’ve been rewatching Gimme Gimme Gimme and I didn’t realise horrible grandma plays Linda and Tom’s neighbour! I knew I recognised her from somewhere but couldn’t place it. Should have just googled it I know 😂

• Haha