Friday Night Dinner

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely trying too hard to be funny, it went from Jim being an almost believable strange neighbour, to him now being this nut job who walks into their home and invites himself out with them. The silver coat thing was pointless, the Milton thing is too much and the lights in the caravan was too far as well, martin would not have done that! Spoilt!

Reactions: 9
Definitely trying too hard to be funny, it went from Jim being an almost believable strange neighbour, to him now being this nut job who walks into their home and invites himself out with them. The silver coat thing was pointless, the Milton thing is too much and the lights in the caravan was too far as well, martin would not have done that! Spoilt!
They should have left it at the last series when it was really funny instead of trying to make a come back and it being shite👎🙄

It's definitely not as funny anymore but I'll still watch it. There's some parts that are funny. I think they've gone too far with Jim's character. I don't find him funny

It's definitely not as funny anymore but I'll still watch it. There's some parts that are funny. I think they've gone too far with Jim's character. I don't find him funny

Reactions: 6
I'm only onto series 2 and my stomach turns whenever I hear their doorbell ring. So far I really do not like the character of Jim. He makes me feel so uncomfortable and I understand that's the point of his character but he spoils it for me.

Reactions: 5
The actor who plays Jim plays the headmaster husband of Dawn French in her latest series. First time I’d seen him in anything other than Jim. And yes, the Jim character is too much.

Reactions: 4
Jim was only on briefly in the first few series, but now he's on more than the bloody family🙄

Reactions: 2
The actor who plays Jim plays the headmaster husband of Dawn French in her latest series. First time I’d seen him in anything other than Jim. And yes, the Jim character is too much.
Mark Heap is a brilliant comedy actor and has been in some of the best British comedies of all time - Spaced, Green Wing (which also starred Tamsin Greig) and Big Train - some of my favourite shows ever. Totally worth checking out if you never have.

He is skin crawlingly creepy as Jim though!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Mark Heap is a brilliant comedy actor and has been in some of the best British comedies of all time - Spaced, Green Wing (which also starred Tamsin Greig) and Big Train - some of my favourite shows ever. Totally worth checking out if you never have.

Alan Statham is by far his best performance what a character 😂😂 loved him since big train and jam etc

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I thought the character of Gibby was just stupidly OTT and unbelievable but I still found the rest of the characters funny.

Still think Jim is good but only just about, I think he's stepped a bit too far over the OTT line too.

I thought the character of Gibby was just stupidly OTT and unbelievable but I still found the rest of the characters funny.

Still think Jim is good but only just about, I think he's stepped a bit too far over the OTT line too.
Jim definitely only works in small doses. Becomes very annoying and too much when he becomes a central character in an episode. And Gibby, well, the less said about her the better. Bloody awful.

• Heart
Jim definitely only works in small doses. Becomes very annoying and too much when he becomes a central character in an episode. And Gibby, well, the less said about her the better. Bloody awful.
I think I have a problem with Sally Phillips actually. I know objectively she’s a great comic actress but I never warm to the characters she plays.

• Heart
I thought ‘The Au pair’ episode, was the least funny so far. I enjoyed the first two, so still hopeful for the rest of the series.

Reactions: 3

He does the voice of an owl in this kids cartoon as well. First time I saw it I was like "where do I know that voice from"

Reactions: 1