Freddy My Love #2 Mean girl in sheep’s clothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All of her renovations are so superficial. Good luck to her when its time to sell. I still cant get over how she replaced the hallway tiles with something HORRID... i mean, Victorian! She tries soooo hard to be posh, her fake accent is getting worse!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Her “teeny tiny soon to be dressing room” is going to piss her off especially if she has to put in her lights and what not inside to film. She’s barely going to have any room. Then again her old room was tiny af. The amount of clothes she owns is astronomical and her closet back home barely fits everything as is. She’s literally going to use up all her closets in her flat for just clothes.

The pink room like one of you said with a sofabed/desk would be cute as her filming room!
she really limited her self with this place especially since she spends all her time at home working.

The place is coming along nicely especially the lounge area. I do like the paneling and her dad is truly talented because if she had to hire someone to do all this work- it was going to cost her. As for the master bedroom- the paneling is like wtf? 😂 the room already looks tiny af and adding the paneling plus color is going to make the room look even smaller. I was watching a NY decorator who decorates tiny apartments on YT and how she can make a tiny space seem larger is by leaving it completely white and simple.

I don’t know, I think she’s trying to convince herself of her impulsive purchase was certainly a good buy still. Either way, it’s all looking nice I will admit even if things are mix matching and tiles are questionable 🤨

Reactions: 15
I thought she was going to paint the lounge panelling pink, which I think would make it more modern.... anyways, i can't stop thinking of all of the DUST that's going to accumulate on alll of that panelling.

Reactions: 9
Everything looks ok (except the bathroom) separately...but I feel like if you walk through it, it will feel like a hot mess.
I'm interested to see what she does with the bedroom because there's pink and green swatches on the walls and she has that green shiny looking wallpaper propped up in the panelling, I really hope she doesn't mix the pink and green

Reactions: 13
So far it looks cheap and drab to me. I can't believe she had her family do all of that work! She can afford to hire professionals. All that class and yet she's so cheap

Reactions: 10
I agree. The dressing room should be office and the pink room should be the dressing room instead.
I really like the light fixture in the kitchen. Also like the panelling in the living room and pink room, it breaks up the pink a little. Not sure how i feel abouth the new tiles in the entrance, i certainly like the original better.
I never heard about Hammonds, what's the problem?
I never said there was a problem with the company I said she will regret them doing it due to the lack of space and mostly her lack common sense and no doubt slag them off as it’s their fault when it’s her. A common trait in Youtubers when things hit the fan, the blame game either generous companies gifting for the previous owner(s) ❤

Reactions: 7
At first I thought it was great that she decided to renovate "on a budget", with her family. I thought, there's an opportunity to show how to decide which things are a priority when renovating and how to make some compromises. But most of the stuff she did is just superficial "beautifying" for the sake of it and she doesn't focus on things that would actually make a difference.

Why is she having a bespoke wardrobe built in when it clearly won't hold much of her clothes? Is she really planning on recording in that room that she feels the need to display her shoes and bags? That is a lot of money for basically nothing and she will regret not having enough space. Just call it what it is, a storage room where you can put your clothes so it doesn't clutter your bedroom. It doesn't have to be pretty and it is definitely not a space to build this type of wardrobe.

Same thing with the tiles. The original tiles were so pretty, there was no need to change them whatsoever. This is just more money down the drain. She thinks the new "Victorian" tiles are so posh, but it just shows once again that she has no sense of elegance. Making everything blush pink is not elegant. A real work would be to incorporate the existing, already charming, features of the flat into your vision. AND cheaper. But to pull that off Freddy would actually have to have a sense of style. Instead, she goes the obvious route, buying everything in pink, white and gold.

She's trying so hard to make it look elegant that she's jumping from Victorian and British-inspired interior to full-on Parisian. Her room is too small for such ornate details. She should've just put a wallpaper to freshen up the room a bit and keep it relatively simple and light.

I honestly think the kitchen is the room that was done the best and with the least amount of fuss. But now that she ventured out of her comfort zone with the green paint, she seems to try to do the same with putting green AND pink in the bedroom. How many colors, fake mouldings and patterns does this poor room need?

Instead of changing things that were already good, she should have renovated the entire bathroom because no matter what she does, those tiles look dirty. Then she would have more freedom with the layout in there and it wouldn't look so dingy.

She's lucky her dad is willing and able to do all of this work, otherwise, she would be spending so much more money on nothing of real significance.

Reactions: 22
Overall I think it’s coming along nicely, not my personal taste but if it makes her happy then cool. The things that stand out to me most however are 1) the panelling (or moulding?) in her bedroom... it seems a tad too much?? And I don’t think her bed is going to look the way she thinks it will placed in the middle of that large panel. And 2) the box room design, as you’ve all already said. What a waste of valuable space in a London property. She’s having all of that done and all she’s going to gain is a display area for her bags? It’s not exactly a wardrobe room if you’re constantly going between rooms to grab things from various wardrobes, and it’s not going to be so great when she goes to sell and the future owners try to visualise what to do with that room.

No idea why she changed the tiles in the entrance they looked lovely. The entrance is way to pink ...

Imagine if you were one of her neighbours coming back from a night shift having to listen the singing all day..

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Her “teeny tiny soon to be dressing room” is going to piss her off especially if she has to put in her lights and what not inside to film. She’s barely going to have any room. Then again her old room was tiny af. The amount of clothes she owns is astronomical and her closet back home barely fits everything as is. She’s literally going to use up all her closets in her flat for just clothes.
She even complained about not having the space to film her whole body (hence the weird cutoff angle) and having to stand on chairs to show the bottom of trousers..so how is this any better? Girl has no logic.

Also the fact she thought her scream at the end of her video was so good it needed to be saved and broadcasted...help, she sounds like my dog yelping when I accidentally stepped on his poor paw :(

What "traumatic thing" do you think she's going through? A reality check?

• Haha
She even complained about not having the space to film her whole body (hence the weird cutoff angle) and having to stand on chairs to show the bottom of trousers..so how is this any better? Girl has no logic.

Also the fact she thought her scream at the end of her video was so good it needed to be saved and broadcasted...help, she sounds like my dog yelping when I accidentally stepped on his poor paw :(

Council noise enforcement most likely

• Haha
Reactions: 9

She probably got sent a silver tap fitting instead of chrome. I feel a tad guilty in case it something bad but we’ve all seen her emotional breakdowns when the paint colours slightly wrong

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Instead of changing things that were already good, she should have renovated the entire bathroom because no matter what she does, those tiles look dirty. Then she would have more freedom with the layout in there and it wouldn't look so dingy.
The bathroom looks even worse when the lights are switched on. I wouldn't dare shower in that bathroom, especially at night 😐 Good thing it's not my bathroom!

I cackled when I heard that scream oml 🤣🤣 I can't believe she thought it was a good idea to leave that clip in. I was watching Cheryl Porter Vocal Coach on YT, and in one of her videos, she was teaching a student the difference between loud singing and shouting. Freddy was doing the latter. You would think that she'd at least know the difference between the two having gone to theatre school for several years 🙄 She was even tooting her own horn in her stories 🤭

Attachments

Reactions: 6
If the photos are in MollyMae’s house, It looks like Freddy is copying MollyMae’s paneling. It’ll be interesting to see if Freddy copies MollyMae’s ceiling finishing trim effect, too 🧐 Wonder if Freddy will yell at and be condescending to her followers when they point out that she’s coping MollyMae? We all know how Freddy came unglued when she falsely blamed Grace for copying her. Well, well, well, who’s the copycat now, Freddy? Let me go to sleep because my inner witch is surfacing 😅 Sorry folks! Sleep well❣

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
If the photos are in MollyMae’s house, It looks like Freddy is copying MollyMae’s paneling. It’ll be interesting to see if Freddy copies MollyMae’s ceiling finishing trim effect, too 🧐 Wonder if Freddy will yell at and be condescending to her followers when they point out that she’s coping MollyMae? We all know how Freddy came unglued when she falsely blamed Grace for copying her. Well, well, well, who’s the copycat now, Freddy? Let me go to sleep because my inner witch is surfacing 😅 Sorry folks! Sleep well❣
That style of panelling and ceiling trim is completely classic, I doubt anyone would suggest it was copying, like putting chocolate chips in cookies - it's nice but not groundbreaking enough for anyone to claim it as their own (at least this century). Side note, that doesn't look like MollyMaes flat to me, I think her place is pretty modern, even if it is she is renting, so hasn't done loads the place, certainly not panelling the walls.

Reactions: 10
That style of panelling and ceiling trim is completely classic, I doubt anyone would suggest it was copying, like putting chocolate chips in cookies - it's nice but not groundbreaking enough for anyone to claim it as their own (at least this century). Side note, that doesn't look like MollyMaes flat to me, I think her place is pretty modern, even if it is she is renting, so hasn't done loads the place, certainly not panelling the walls.
You could say the panelling is a trend as of late, it's everywhere. I don't think Freddy is copying anyone specific though I wouldn't put it past her if she knew she'd get away with it

Reactions: 7
I totally agree that it’s not new/groundbreaking. My parents still have Wainscoting in their home (in the Study and a portion of their Dining Room). Growing up, if it was my parent’s turn to host Thanksgiving dinner, my sister and I used to help our mom put an oil shellac on the Wainscoting a few days before our aunts, uncles, and cousins arrived for Thanksgiving. Such fond memories 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve just been catching up on her videos from the last few weeks, I really like the kitchen I think she’s done a good job of it. But that bathroom omg it needs ripping out and a new one putting in, I don’t see the “vision” it reminds me of the swimming’s baths in the 90s that were built in the 70s.

Reactions: 22
She will definitely struggle when trying to sell this - what could have been a study or extra small bedroom for a child will have unnecessary stupid wardrobe fitted in so will need to be ripped out and the asylum style dated grotty bathroom will be an expense to modernise - you would think if you were renovating or putting money into anything it would a brand new bathroom that people hadn’t already used for years. Those tiles trigger me, so gross

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I would honestly have so much respect for her if she just said 'I made a mistake with these tiles they're horrid' and got some lovely new ones. Every time she shows that room I want to die on her behalf, that pink railing thing is also just horrible. Do think it's weird because the rest of it, while not to my taste at all, but is looking pretty nice if you like her kind of style.

She will definitely struggle when trying to sell this - what could have been a study or extra small bedroom for a child will have unnecessary stupid wardrobe fitted in so will need to be ripped out and the asylum style dated grotty bathroom will be an expense to modernise - you would think if you were renovating or putting money into anything it would a brand new bathroom that people hadn’t already used for years. Those dirty types trigger me, so gross
It doesn't look like she's thought about the future at all in most of these choices she's made. She'll have to hope for a buyer who doesn't mind adding the cost of ripping it all out and starting again! The bathroom alone would put me off as a buyer, it looks haunted ffs

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.