Freddy My Love #2 Mean girl in sheep’s clothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just recently come across Freddy on youtube and I was absolutely shook, why does she look/dress/talk like she's in a Christian virginity cult???

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Why does she always stand with her legs so far apart as if she's airing her you know what? 😣 Someone should tell her that its totally okay to not have a thigh gap.
This always drives me crazy. Like sure, stand however you want, but she clearly can't portray herself in any other standing position and this is very intentional just for the sake of looking good in her mind. I guess she's trying to look more curvy by having her legs spread like she's at the gynaecologist's appointment, but it just looks so contrived.

Reactions: 12
There are many ways fashion Youtubers have innovated with the times to create more socially conscious or environmentally friendly videos AND they do it well.
If you have any recommendations, I would really like to know. There aren't many channels I like lately...

Reactions: 5
I've been watching Freddy's videos for a few months now and a few things have bothered me: her channel does not have a soul and she blames her subscribers for her channel decline.

I'd like to start off by saying that I really enjoyed her content when I first started watching but it got old quickly. The way she demonstrates her content is one-dimensional and lacks any personality. Most of it comes across as phony and meticulously constructed. In order to make people stick around, there has to be some vulnerability but I've yet to see that from her. I can't help but come to the conclusion that maybe it's because truly she is vapid, vain, and only cares about her appearance which makes for an ugly person.

It's been getting to me that in every video she states that "this is her job" and "she's a fashion channel so she needs to do this." No one is making her do anything. Her content is in part, dictated by the viewers but ultimately SHE decides what she wants to do for the video. SHE wants to buy high-end designer merchandise and a lot of it. There are many ways fashion Youtubers have innovated with the times to create more socially conscious or environmentally friendly videos AND they do it well. With these kinds of statements, she's is blaming the very people that watch her for her poor buying behaviours.

Ultimately, her channel will die if she doesn't make any changes. Hopefully for her, moving out will inspire some more diverse videos.
I agree with all the points you raised especially about her channel.

I think the main problem is that she got into Youtube for the wrong reasons. She put all her eggs in one basket when she enrolled in that theatre school because she wanted to be a performer but she never got her big break. We have no idea why it did not work out (apart from her excuses) but obviously this was a huge disappointment for her and I get the feeling that being a model wasn't something she enjoyed because she wanted a job where people would fawn over her. She only got into Youtube because in her eyes influencers were treated better.

I get the feeling she never really loved doing Youtube but she obviously loves the perks of being an influencer so she cannot quit. So she acts as if she's doing everyone a favour by filming videos, constantly recycles video ideas and asks her fans for inspiration for her content. As a result it's just a job for her - her videos are very superficial and one dimensional. When I started watching her videos I was also hooked but by time it got old fast because she doesn't put her heart in her videos. She just wants to portray this polished princess image.

I also think she knows that her most ideal target audience are teenagers and young adults who are more likely to fawn over her and buy anything she'll sell them. I notice that whenever someone tries to give her constructive criticism or speaks out about consumerism she either ignores them or becomes really nasty and spiteful but she's more likely to reply to people who fawn over her. I do hope that deep down she's more than what she portrays on social media because the image I have of her is of a pretty girl with a very ugly personality who will bully anyone who "stands in her way".

If she really wanted to develop her channel there are a million and one ways to be creative and be more socially and environmentally conscious. However, she either doesn't care or she feels as if it's too much effort. In her hauls sometimes she mentions how an item is recycled (so I am assuming she has some level of awareness) but that's the extent of her effort. She's obviously pretty lazy because she's always complaining how she works so hard (yeah, right....) and how exhausted she is. I think it's easier for her to keep hauling items so people keep buying and she can keep profiting. I truly do hope her fans will eventually realise she's just a telemarketer.

Reactions: 15
Bit of a rant but is she seriously posting a story whining about “the flat is tiring her out and it’s only day two”?! She could win the lottery and find a reason to complain about how hard and exhausting it is! :rolleyes: I get moving can be an arduous process, we’ve all done it! But come on read the room! We’re in a pandemic, people have lost their jobs and can’t pay their rent.
Freddy, some people don’t have a home full stop. Maybe realise that buying cans of pink paint does not make you the overworked victim you so desire to be and recognise the unbelievably privileged position you are in.
It’s just frustrating to me how she has all these amazing opportunities and the amazing chance to move out on her own and decorate the place to however she pleases and she’s now using it as a way to moan AGAIN! I actually liked seeing her be excited about something other than a haul, but here we are with another pity party.

Reactions: 23
If you have any recommendations, I would really like to know. There aren't many channels I like lately...
Here are some of my favourites:
inspiroue, dearly bethany, letitia kiu, audrey coyne, a small wardrobe, clothesnbits, justine leconte, thelineup, coolirpa, studio86, thenotoriousKIA, tothe9s, lumiere d'helen

There's more but these are the ones off the top of my head. All of them have quite a broad range of style, nothing similar to Freddy's but I thought everyone else on here might be interested too :)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Can someone else see my view on what she posted on her story about KimKs new bearded dragon for North? She thinks it’s hilarious but the have a gem stuck over the poor things third eye and a jacket on it. They’re exotherms and the jacket will stop the poor thing cooling. They haven’t a clue how to keep reptiles and it’s essentially abuse because to them it’s a toy.. Freddy thinks this is hilarious

Attachments

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Booohooo, poor Freddy 🙄 if she uploads and edits the same day she can’t be working more than what? 24 hours a week? (Let’s say she does a lot of prepping which I guess takes some time to check all the stores but a mean, come on) and she’s always complaining about having a breakdown over work, and that we don’t know how hard being an influencer is 🙄🙄🙄CRY ME A DAMN RIVER. I’m a law student at a demanding uni and we work so much more harder than this, a mean I get that it everyone is different and everybody handles pressure different but omg this girl is just delusional, 24 hours a week on work (at best) and being paid the amount she is, how can she even complain, like HOW, specially to her followers which I bet can barely afford the things she promotes 🤦‍♀️
205B24AD-E0B0-44C6-94A9-65F1460A5A38.jpeg

• Haha
Booohooo, poor Freddy 🙄 if she uploads and edits the same day she can’t be working more than what? 24 hours a week? (Let’s say she does a lot of prepping which I guess takes some time to check all the stores but a mean, come on) and she’s always complaining about having a breakdown over work, and that we don’t know how hard being an influencer is 🙄🙄🙄CRY ME A DAMN RIVER. I’m a law student at a demanding uni and we work so much more harder than this, a mean I get that it everyone is different and everybody handles pressure different but omg this girl is just delusional, 24 hours a week on work (at best) and being paid the amount she is, how can she even complain, like HOW, specially to her followers which I bet can barely afford the things she promotes 🤦‍♀️View attachment 466397
Literally - what the hell does she do alll day everday?! Fair enough if you're just lazy and have a bad work ethic but to then complain and moan about your work and wallow in that pity? Gtfo and grow up. Im an investment banker and i work 70-80 hours a week. Her lack of hardwork and education always comes through. She's grown up with a silver spoon in her mouth

Literally - what the hell does she do alll day everday?! Fair enough if you're just lazy and have a bad work ethic but to then complain and moan about your work and wallow in that pity? Gtfo and grow up. Im an investment banker and i work 70-80 hours a week. Her lack of hardwork and education always comes through. She's grown up with a silver spoon in her mouth
Well... she spent one day painting her new apartment and on day 2 she was already complaining that she was tired. This is her own apartment we are talking about and it seems everyone is helping her including JJ and her family but for princess Freddy this is too much.

Well... she spent one day painting her new apartment and on day 2 she was already complaining that she was tired. This is her own apartment we are talking about and it seems everyone is helping her including JJ and her family but for princess Freddy this is too much.
Nonono she’s no “princess Freddy” more like tyrant Freddy

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I agree with all the points you raised especially about her channel.

I think the main problem is that she got into Youtube for the wrong reasons. She put all her eggs in one basket when she enrolled in that theatre school because she wanted to be a performer but she never got her big break. We have no idea why it did not work out (apart from her excuses) but obviously this was a huge disappointment for her and I get the feeling that being a model wasn't something she enjoyed because she wanted a job where people would fawn over her. She only got into Youtube because in her eyes influencers were treated better.

I get the feeling she never really loved doing Youtube but she obviously loves the perks of being an influencer so she cannot quit. So she acts as if she's doing everyone a favour by filming videos, constantly recycles video ideas and asks her fans for inspiration for her content. As a result it's just a job for her - her videos are very superficial and one dimensional. When I started watching her videos I was also hooked but by time it got old fast because she doesn't put her heart in her videos. She just wants to portray this polished princess image.

I also think she knows that her most ideal target audience are teenagers and young adults who are more likely to fawn over her and buy anything she'll sell them. I notice that whenever someone tries to give her constructive criticism or speaks out about consumerism she either ignores them or becomes really nasty and spiteful but she's more likely to reply to people who fawn over her. I do hope that deep down she's more than what she portrays on social media because the image I have of her is of a pretty girl with a very ugly personality who will bully anyone who "stands in her way".

If she really wanted to develop her channel there are a million and one ways to be creative and be more socially and environmentally conscious. However, she either doesn't care or she feels as if it's too much effort. In her hauls sometimes she mentions how an item is recycled (so I am assuming she has some level of awareness) but that's the extent of her effort. She's obviously pretty lazy because she's always complaining how she works so hard (yeah, right....) and how exhausted she is. I think it's easier for her to keep hauling items so people keep buying and she can keep profiting. I truly do hope her fans will eventually realise she's just a telemarketer.
Honestly, yeah this sounds about right. Speaking of acknowledging her fans, I don't find her connection with them to be very deep either. A lot of youtubers who are similarly successful do giveaways and texting and sometimes giving advice to real fans right in their videos (correct me if she actually does this, I don't follow her on social media) I'm not saying she has to do these things but it would make her videos more engaging to her viewers. HopeScope is pretty cool and she made a master list of legging for her fans listing all of them from price to sheerness. It's pretty extensive. And she routinely does giveaways and purchases things in a variety of sizes to give to her viewers. I don't think Freddy gives back in any way (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

"She's obviously pretty lazy because she's always complaining how she works so hard (yeah, right....)" she's definitely lazy. I'm not sure how long it typically takes to edit a video but all of her videos are very similar so I don't think it's as hard as she is making it out to be.

Also in her newest video, she said that & Other Stories is quality? Isn't it owned by H&M? I bought a sweater of theirs and it was unbearably itchy and seethrough!! It was a half-zip featured on one of her videos. I bought it for super cheap from an auction but still. She's promoting this brand as having investment pieces. I can buy a $40 sweater and it will last years depending on the retailer.

I don't think her lack of creativity is entirely due to her laziness (although that is a contributing factor) rather she's caught up in this aesthetic she has and she's unwilling to branch out. She's marketing an aesthetic and a hoity-toity way of life to teenagers and young adults and I don't think she is a good role model for these kids. When it comes down to it, she overindulges and has an inflated sense of self.

I think what it comes down to is Freddy having nothing to compare her “hardworking life” to. Most people will either start University once they finish with school, get some sort of apprenticeship/qualification, or get a full time job straight away. Most students will work a part time job on top of their usual study load, and then immediately go into working a full time job after. Freddy just went straight to school, couldn’t even handle that because of supposedly every single person in said school being awful and snobby, so she dropped out, tried modelling, didn’t like the environment there, and then went straight into YouTube, I’m assuming because this was the easier option. She’s never really had to deal with any sort of difficult situation with a high workload that she didn’t immediately drop out of. She’s now her own manager too, which puts even less pressure on her.

So she’s sitting here and assuming that her one video a week schedule is somehow equivalent to someone who works five days a week or more, which is actually ridiculous. She finds her job hard? Right now, I’m studying a degree that, when I get a full time job, will involve me having to plan hour long therapy sessions for multiple clients a day. I find it so ridiculous that when there are so many people working so hard in more stressful situations, some even putting their lives at risk during this pandemic, that she’s complaining about posting one video a week.

I think the first time I really realised how out of touch she was was during one of her older videos (I think when she spoke about how she edited her Instagram photos?) and she spoke about how stressful it was to go on holiday and always have to be thinking about where to take the perfect photo.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think what it comes down to is Freddy having nothing to compare her “hardworking life” to. Most people will either start University once they finish with school, get some sort of apprenticeship/qualification, or get a full time job straight away. Most students will work a part time job on top of their usual study load, and then immediately go into working a full time job after. Freddy just went straight to school, couldn’t even handle that because of supposedly every single person in said school being awful and snobby, so she dropped out, tried modelling, didn’t like the environment there, and then went straight into YouTube, I’m assuming because this was the easier option. She’s never really had to deal with any sort of difficult situation with a high workload that she didn’t immediately drop out of. She’s now her own manager too, which puts even less pressure on her.

So she’s sitting here and assuming that her one video a week schedule is somehow equivalent to someone who works five days a week or more, which is actually ridiculous. She finds her job hard? Right now, I’m studying a degree that, when I get a full time job, will involve me having to plan hour long therapy sessions for multiple clients a day. I find it so ridiculous that when there are so many people working so hard in more stressful situations, some even putting their lives at risk during this pandemic, that she’s complaining about posting one video a week.

I think the first time I really realised how out of touch she was was during one of her older videos (I think when she spoke about how she edited her Instagram photos?) and she spoke about how stressful it was to go on holiday and always have to be thinking about where to take the perfect photo.
I can relate! Every time she whines I just sort of laugh. She has such a sad, little life...but people like you are the ones who are really making a difference in the world :)

• Heart

literallyyyyyyyyyyyyy, it's mad how influencers talk about workload sometimes

I'm studying for a PhD, tutor high-school students on the side, and try to keep my hand in with freelance writing... but I still have time to warch youtube, come to tattle for a lol, read outside my studies, do hobbies etc? Freddy just comes across as a caricature rich girl from some teen high-schhol film with the way she goes on, honestly sometimes struggle to believe she isn't playing a character

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah I don't like how she tars all students with the same brush either. Obviously there are some who go to uni to piss about but ultimately that's their prerogative anyway. These days though I think most students are very aware of the competition for graduate jobs etc and many will be studying, working, volunteering, doing work experience. Far more than Freddie has ever had to do. Not to mention postgraduate students - my PhD was far more taxing timewise than the demanding job I have now. Evenings, weekends, very long days and 7 day weeks for the best part of 4 years. She can honestly piss off if she thinks trying on a few dresses and filming it is even close to stressful in comparison.

Reactions: 8
Also it’s like “ohh it’s so hard being an influencer”
And then when someone does try to be an influencer she bullys them out of it
Almost as if she’s trying to make her “job” sound much harder than it is to try to steer out competition?
That and also she loves the image of this independent boss woman (even though she throws as Freddy calls it a “tantrum” smiling to herself and “then things went much quicker”)
Freddy doesn’t even know what professionalism is. It’s speaks volumes of how she was proud of herself for throwing a tantrum to a professional working solicitor
I wonder if she is ever insecure about not finishing school and to compensate for that she makes her job sound much harder than it is

Reactions: 9
I started watching Freddy's channel when she made a What's in my bag video with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, I am the same age as Freddy (we'll both be 27 this year). Back then I found her content appealing but nowadays I just find her so childish and ecstatic, she hasn't evolved at all. While I got my BA degree, went from an analyst to a supervisor and then to a manager in my career, bought my car and my flat with my fiancé, adopted a dog, got pregnant last year and lost our baby in the middle of a pandemic, she just stayed in her princess bedroom doing the same thing and complaining about how hard her life is. It is just so tiring. I think her audience has grown up as I did and they are just moving away from her content. She keeps attracting teenagers because being all pink-Elle Wood's vibes is on trend, otherwise she wouldn't have one million subscribers. I can't even watch her as background noise now because I find so disgusting her moaning when I do have a real life job and worries of my own. I don't find adulthood boring (as she has said so many times), I actually still enjoy my life as a young adult, but I think being a young adult is very different from being the spoiled bimbo she portrays in her channel. Insufferable.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I started watching Freddy's channel when she made a What's in my bag video with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, I am the same age as Freddy (we'll both be 27 this year). Back then I found her content appealing but nowadays I just find her so childish and ecstatic, she hasn't evolved at all. While I got my BA degree, went from an analyst to a supervisor and then to a manager in my career, bought my car and my flat with my fiancé, adopted a dog, got pregnant last year and lost our baby in the middle of a pandemic, she just stayed in her princess bedroom doing the same thing and complaining about how hard her life is. It is just so tiring. I think her audience has grown up as I did and they are just moving away from her content. She keeps attracting teenagers because being all pink-Elle Wood's vibes is on trend, otherwise she wouldn't have one million subscribers. I can't even watch her as background noise now because I find so disgusting her moaning when I do have a real life job and worries of my own. I don't find adulthood boring (as she has said so many times), I actually still enjoy my life as a young adult, but I think being a young adult is very different from being the spoiled bimbo she portrays in her channel. Insufferable.
So you got a career, a car, a flat and a fiance? There are lots of people who have those things and are yet very childish and immature. Those things don't necessarily mean much. Measuring each others lives by how much money we make, what positions we hold in work life, do we have a husband, kids, own houses, that's very.... superficial. The only thing that matters really is how you treat others and yourself. How much do you love. That's basically it in a nutshell.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So you got a career, a car, a flat and a fiance? There are lots of people who have those things and are yet very childish and immature. Those things don't necessarily mean much. Measuring each others lives by how much money we make, what positions we hold in work life, do we have a husband, kids, own houses, that's very.... superficial. The only thing that matters really is how you treat others and yourself. How much do you love. That's basically it in a nutshell.
I kinda like the idea that every year I’m improving myself. Improve on education, a skill, savings
Not that you need X,Y and Z to be successful.
I guess just bettering yourself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.