Freddy My Love #2 Mean girl in sheep’s clothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the windows, the fireplace/lounge, and I think the few steps up to some of the rooms are rather darling. The layout with all rooms as separate closed spaces is a tad claustrophobic to my taste, but that's only because open plan is way more common in my country and that's what I'm used to. (I think that sort of layout is partly a UK thing, correct me if I'm wrong? My husband is British and visiting that side of the family has given me the impression that closed rooms are more common there than here.)

Certainly the flat looks a little more modest than she made it sound at first, but in general it seems fine and pretty spacious for a place in London, let alone someone's first owned home. I do look forward to seeing what she does to it (as long as glitter grout is not involved!).

Reactions: 8
The flat might seem modest compared to some of the youtube mcmansions but a girl in her mid 20s to buy a 3 bedroom flat is a pretty rare occurrence!

Definitely don't think it was 1M as some are suggesting, probably somewhere closer to 700 & up near Muswell Hill so not "central London".

Also with the stamp duty relief there was a big incentive for her to pick a property and complete on it asap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
You aren’t allowed to call them out or disagree with them EVER. Only praises and nothing more. They are angels and never do anything wrong, like ever! Sooo perfect! Coming here, we are the worst people alive! *insert longest hardest eye roll 🙄 *

(I’m being sarcastic)
Omg! I agree!!.. I thing at least talking about myself (and probably like 95% of the girls in this group) have been completely respectful in the way we write out opinions, yes I have seen COUPLE not so nice comments, and I don’t approve but I think in general we talk with respect. I dislike so much when influencers refer to threads like this as “hate groups” “bullies writing mean things” that’s so not true, I think as you say it seems that if we disagree with her we cannot comment on her channel because she would block us, but here we are call “bullies” COME ON be a grown up, not everything can be just praises and talk on how amazing you are 🙄

Reactions: 12
Omg! I agree!!.. I thing at least talking about myself (and probably like 95% of the girls in this group) have been completely respectful in the way we write out opinions, yes I have seen COUPLE not so nice comments, and I don’t approve but I think in general we talk with respect. I dislike so much when influencers refer to threads like this as “hate groups” “bullies writing mean things” that’s so not true, I think as you say it seems that if we disagree with her we cannot comment on her channel because she would block us, but here we are call “bullies” COME ON be a grown up, not everything can be just praises and talk on how amazing you are 🙄
I agree with you , I think Freddys thread is generally nice . You can't go on youtube and expect everyone to be a boot licker . You can't expect all your work colleagues to like you .

For a first time buyer in London she has done well to get a 3 bedroom flat,but the bedrooms looked so small..the double bed will be squished in somehow.
What made me cringe was the disparaging way she talked about the carpets and the corner wash basin and the washing machine cupboard in the bathroom... people have lived there and chosen those things before she bought it... and just might watch her vlogs...so I hope no offence was taken !
It will be lavishly done out with pink and gold like her very good friend in the almost Cotswolds...and then when JJ moves in they will decide it is too small...and move on.

Reactions: 7
I just watched her mum's video (Tickled Pink in London) where she painted a dressing table and once again I'm in awe at how different she and Freddy are! I've watched a few of her mum's videos before and they are delightfully un-calculated. She is endearingly batty (I mean that in the best way possible!), eccentric and her accent is charming (does anyone know whereabouts in the UK it might be from?). Is it common that children's accents can be so different from their parents? The difference between Freddy's and her mum's is quite stark, at least. I wonder if Freddy is putting hers on a bit or if she picked it up in her theatre school days?

I don't mean to sound rude in any way, but you would never guess from the mum's demeanor and decorating style that she and Freddy are family and live in the same house. Freddy's room (and behaviour) makes it seem like her family and their house are very different from what she'd probably like her viewers to think.

Having said that, I don't think that children and parents often are/should be alike. But in Freddy's case, it's just a bit amusing. 😁 Hope I've not offended anyone!

I just watched her mum's video (Tickled Pink in London) where she painted a dressing table and once again I'm in awe at how different she and Freddy are! I've watched a few of her mum's videos before and they are delightfully un-calculated. She is endearingly batty (I mean that in the best way possible!), eccentric and her accent is charming (does anyone know whereabouts in the UK it might be from?). Is it common that children's accents can be so different from their parents? The difference between Freddy's and her mum's is quite stark, at least. I wonder if Freddy is putting hers on a bit or if she picked it up in her theatre school days?

I don't mean to sound rude in any way, but you would never guess from the mum's demeanor and decorating style that she and Freddy are family and live in the same house. Freddy's room (and behaviour) makes it seem like her family and their house are very different from what she'd probably like her viewers to think.

Having said that, I don't think that children and parents often are/should be alike. But in Freddy's case, it's just a bit amusing. 😁 Hope I've not offended anyone!
i would say freddy's mums accent is more northern. i think freddy probably exaggerates her accent but she was raised in the south (i think) so it isn't too surprising that her's is a lot more southern.

Reactions: 6

Yeah I agree her Mum seems really sweet and eccentric, way more down to earth than Freddy. I grew up with a lot of people who ended up going to Sylvia, The Brit School, Italia Conti etc and to be honest they all sound exactly the same to me now. It is rather bizarre how conceited Freddie is given that her parents seem so nice.

Reactions: 10
i would say freddy's mums accent is more northern. i think freddy probably exaggerates her accent but she was raised in the south (i think) so it isn't too surprising that her's is a lot more southern.
yes she sounds like she’s from around Sheffield to me as a fellow northerner!
Freddy has definitely changed her accent in recent years to sound more “posh”/ RP like Josie! If you listen to her earlier videos you can really hear the difference.

I think I recall reading a way back that her Mum comes from Manchester area.

Freddy herself has deffo been influenced by influencers ;)

• Haha
Gorgeous features but overall a bit of a waste of money, the bedrooms aren’t a great size so it won’t be easy to sell on, especially with Freddy’s taste 🙄

The en suite bathroom looks like a disaster waiting to happen, with the floor to ceiling tiles and the random drop-off where the steps are. Imagine going in there after having too many drinks one night, or slipping on water that splashed on to the floor. That room triggers thoughts of broken bones for me.

Reactions: 6
Sorry to be one of those annoying people who hops onto a thread with no idea of what's going on, but I'm just curious about the thread name? How has Freddy been mean?

Reactions: 3
This is why the location is so important tbh. If she’s bought that flat somewhere central, I’d not think it’s so bad. But compare that to one someone found in Potters Bar - much bigger and in better condition.
For the record though I don’t see any comments ‘hating on Freddie for liking it’ just that we’re surprised at how she described it compared with what it actually looks like. I agree there is a huge unrealistic expectation around influencer homes now. That being said, you can definitely get better laid out flats in London, with a better use of the space, so I’m still surprised she chose it. The Potters Bar one was exactly the kinda thing I thought she would go for.

ETA really not sure where any of JJ’s stuff would go if she moved him in 🥴 Freddie will very easily fill that space with her own things.
I agree. The flat is okay. A super choppy layout, doors everywhere. When I was house hunting I saw loads of places like this in Notting Hill and South Ken - similar floorplans with no flow and a mix of hodge podge, not cohesive cosmetic updates.

It seems like she purchased somewhere outside central and wants to keep the location a secret. Where does she live with her parents? Probably close to there.

Reactions: 5
It’s so nice to see peoples thoughts on the flat, I have to admit I’m not keen and from what she’d made it out to be it wasn’t what I expected. The en suite looks really dated Imo I’m really not keen. It seems to need a lot of work and I’m sure it will look lovely when it’s all done but wasn’t the perfect palace with hardly any work I expected to see. I don’t think the rooms are big enough at all, I really think it’s a strange choice compared to what else is out there. But I’m sure she’ll make it nice.

Reactions: 11
It’s so nice to see peoples thoughts on the flat, I have to admit I’m not keen and from what she’d made it out to be it wasn’t what I expected. The en suite looks really dated Imo I’m really not keen. It seems to need a lot of work and I’m sure it will look lovely when it’s all done but wasn’t the perfect palace with hardly any work I expected to see. I don’t think the rooms are big enough at all, I really think it’s a strange choice compared to what else is out there. But I’m sure she’ll make it nice.
Oh gosh, that en-suite looks like a massive job if she truly wants a luxury bathroom, it looks grotty.

She's wise not to rip out and re-do the kitchens and bathrooms or put much capital into renos. Better to just paint it all princess pink or whatever it is she likes and let the flat serve its purpose - a starter on the property ladder or something that could be an income property, let as a flatmate share.

She's kind of young (right like late 20s?). The kitschy element is perhaps more appealing at that age.

Oh gosh, that en-suite looks like a massive job if she truly wants a luxury bathroom, it looks grotty.

She's wise not to rip out and re-do the kitchens and bathrooms or put much capital into renos. Better to just paint it all princess pink or whatever it is she likes and let the flat serve its purpose - a starter on the property ladder or something that could be an income property, let as a flatmate share.

She's kind of young (right like late 20s?). The kitschy element is perhaps more appealing at that age.
Haha you’re right! Grotty is a good word 🙈

Interesting! Freddy has her mum in her newest video AND promotes her channel! I was not expecting that. I wonder if Freddy feels more comfortable doing that now that she's moving out, but I don't know if that makes sense. I hope her mum's channel will keep its friendly, homemade vibe as I actually quite enjoy watching her 😅

Also, I love the colour she chose for the kitchen (after the grey episode). I would like something like that in my own home.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.