Four In A Bed - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes it definitely was Bill Buckley who at that time had an afternoon daily radio show on LBC, the cheating contestant wasn’t removed she was told to revise her scores ..

And yes TV gold was struck last week on FIAB, I know I shouldn’t laugh but Maxine became Maximum on Facebook after a couple of days .. 😉
Maximum!!!

I did enjoy last week's rows I must admit.

Reactions: 1
Just caught up. Tom was a grade A twit! I’ll never understand why people embarrass themselves on the telly like this for a PLAQUE 🫠. Especially when his place was so mediocre!

Maxine was also a pain in the arse. Flouncing off cos she apparently couldn’t eat fat in the morning but polished off a fry up the next day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I thought Maximum was nursing a hangover the morning she stormed off (because she was quite excitable the night before)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The Ukrainian/Scottish accent looks to be the most entertaining part of this weeks episodes

Reactions: 4
The Ukrainian/Scottish accent looks to be the most entertaining part of this weeks episodes
Thought the same.

The lady who said "our hotel is double the size of this" is asking for trouble / criticism.

Reactions: 2
That sounds like a very stupid thing to say! Oh well, me and Mr L will catch up on Friday with it all.
---

I think that you might be right!
Re your catch up, do you record them daily?
A couple of years ago I went on All 4 to watch that week’s episodes and one was missing. The contestant had complained about how they’d been portrayed so the episode was removed never to be shown again!
Since then I try to watch the same day. Obviously if you’ve recorded them, rather than relying on “catch up” then there’ll be no problem.

• Heart
Not going to bother this week. Would it kill them to refresh the format :cry: Surely 1000+ episodes in (as of last week), they could at least improve *some* things

Missing Tom and Maxine

A couple of years ago I went on All 4 to watch that week’s episodes and one was missing. The contestant had complained about how they’d been portrayed so the episode was removed never to be shown again!
Since then I try to watch the same day. Obviously if you’ve recorded them, rather than relying on “catch up” then there’ll be no problem.
Yes there are lots of single episodes missing on All4, begs the question is that the reason why we see the same-old same-old sets of episodes revolving on a hamster-like wheel on the afternoon repeats on More 4 .. ie lack of complete weeks 🤔

I don't have any way of recording them so either +1 (if I remember) but usually next morning on catch up and never had a problem.

I do, yes, on the Virgin Tivo v6 box or whatever it's called. I prefer it to catch up as I can ff through the constant recaps. Yes, it's annoying when they delete a whole episode because there's no context to the rest of the week's run. I do wonder whether some couples come out worst from the edit though? Surely anyone running a hospitality business wouldn't wish to come access quite so badly?

Not going to bother with +1 tonight as I have no interest in who wins, quite a boring week and I think the first couple will win but don't really care whether they do or not. :)

I much prefer the older series and would choose to watch reruns rather than any of the post covid episodes. Having said that, maybe the fact that these were filmed in 2021 with various restrictions still in place is why it seems so stilted and stale.

I much prefer the older series and would choose to watch reruns rather than any of the post covid episodes. Having said that, maybe the fact that these were filmed in 2021 with various restrictions still in place is why it seems so stilted and stale.
Covid restrictions were in place during the Tom and Maximum week, nothing stiled or stale there 😉
It’s all about the people IMO ..

Covid restrictions were in place during the Tom and Maximum week, nothing stiled or stale there 😉
It’s all about the people IMO ..
One decent episode in about 25 🤣. Obviously the people are important but perhaps after so many years, they’re struggling for contestants? Who knows but the older series are on another level for me. Something’s just not clicking.

One decent episode in about 25 🤣. Obviously the people are important but perhaps after so many years, they’re struggling for contestants? Who knows but the older series are on another level for me. Something’s just not clicking.
Yes they’re definitely struggling for contestants, they are actually advertising in the press for them when before contestants were approached directly, hence we now have ‘four holiday hosts’ as against ‘four B&Bs’. I do get why the family type B&Bs aren’t particularly interested when no doubt they’ve seen similar establishments more or less ignored on the programme whilst production big up ‘characters’ …. not to mention when lovely establishments lose out completely as the whole set gets pulled because of ONE contestant.
Otherwise.. it’s not clicking for me either besides my comment about the contestants. What started off as easy afternoon viewing became something of must see viewing, all because Joe Public (and yes not all of them) enjoy a good slagging off on social media, sad yes but as we no longer have the village stocks this will do instead.
How did this all happen? Look no further than Donkey Woman, a contestant in one of the earliest shows, she took umbrage with another contestant and thereafter declared loud and proud wtte of “I’ll show him tactical marking”. The die was cast 😞

Reactions: 6