Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
I think there was some game playing yesterday because 3 Hills felt threatened 🤔 Emma marked them down on cleanliness for a tiny mark on the bedding yet when the same comment was made about her cushions today she brushed it off. There was a lot of discussion about hash browns in the full English breakfast too yet 3 Hills served hash browns & it wasn’t even mentioned! The first couple & Emma also made a big fuss about the price & whether The Lion (forget it’s name) offered value for money yet she charged the same & I couldn’t really see what extras she added to justify her point. Really not keen on the first couple or Emma this week, they don’t make sense…or perhaps the editing has gone haywire 🤷🏻‍♀️
And don’t forget that Emily was too gorgeous to be a pot washer! 😆

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14

gimm3more

VIP Member
Sorry if it’s been mentioned before but one of my fave meltdowns was the weird Welsh fella who was one of the last to host. He looked like a proper Incel, fat, wee top hat, beard and glasses. criticised every B&B for lack of plug sockets and fast wifi, and ordered two types of egg at every breakfast to test them all.
turns out their B&B was horrifically decorated and had a “volcano themed restaurant”.
everyone ordered poached/boiled eggs at brekky and he couldn’t fucking cook them despite making a show about it the whole week. Everyone heard him yelling in the kitchen at his daughter cos their “poached egg maker” didn’t work. It was wild hahaha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

nicalibres

VIP Member
I feel like this week could be petty and I’m here for it.

Does anyone else really dislike the day activity part? It doesn’t add anything.

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
Watching episodes recently of Four in a Bed and people that under pay by £30 because their sausages were fried not grilled are complete sociopaths.

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
I’m always shocked at how much they charge for one night in a glamping pod plus extra for breakfast.
Every time they cost a lot more than a night in a decent hotel with breakfast included. I know which I’d choose.
I know it’s supposed to be an “experience” (nearly always with a minimum stay of 3 nights) but I still think the prices are ridiculous. I think they charge so much because they are trying to quickly recoup the cost of the pods because I cannot see any other reason to justify the high prices. Unless anyone can enlighten me please?

• Heart

boatofbubbles

Chatty Member
I quite enjoy reading the negative reviews on trip advisor before watching the show (sad I know) the lion and Swan (the two young girls) tend to take a more direct approach "email us and we will try to help/solve issues " today's, the 3 hills take a very much passive aggressive approach of "we have multiple awards so you're wrong" . With their names being so similar I thought it was the younger one but in fact it was older one.

gummy-bear

VIP Member
Fun fact, I’ve been on four in a bed😅 my dad owns a hotel so I went on with him. The whole experience was hideous and we also came last lmao

• Wow
  • Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
Emma is coming across as a dreadful, boastful snob. ”There’s the prep school my sons attended…” 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 10

Porkiepies

VIP Member
I found this week's episodes a bit meh. Agree with all the comments about Hatters, making all rooms themed is a big risk. The rest are all easily forgetable nothing stood out or made me want to look them up on trip advisor.

For some reason autoplay on all4 app has taken me back to 2011 episodes with Charlotte Church's mum, I miss these real honest episodes where they aren't playing up to cameras so much and naturally bitchy with the feedback.

• Heart

nicalibres

VIP Member
Everyone was far too nice this week. Where’s the pube police? The Yorkshireman who insists the perfect sausage is 6 inches long? The psychopaths who deduct 30% of the bill if their poached egg isn’t runny enough? I want drama!

• Haha

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Just watching tonight’s episode and it reminded me of the other dynamic father and daughter duo, the guy with the hat who had technology for everything including an egg poacher…she was bawling at him in the kitchen because it didn’t work, it was brilliant 😂

I’m sure they’d been super critical of everyone’s breakfasts too. Yep, going on the show is a gamble for some folk

• Haha

orangelolly

Chatty Member
I thought the Pie pub should have won personally. I also thought the whole claustrophobia underpayment was really unfair. How were they to know?!

Olebiscuitbarrel

VIP Member
Glad I’m not the only one who noticed that. The husband couldn’t even drive the car without the two of them hanging off each other. So bizarre!
And always introducing her as "my lovely wife". 🤢
---
I've watched all this week's episodes now and I don't think Dean and Abbey should have been given any airtime on payment day. If you have a tantrum and drop out then that's you out, gone.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Olebiscuitbarrel

VIP Member
£275.00 a night for that wow 😲
I'd want lunch, dinner and drinks included for that, not just B&B in what appear to be fairly ordinary rooms with admittedly spectacular views.
---
That smoked salmon and scrambled egg looked rank. I thought he was going to send it back and I wouldn't have blamed him.

Last edited:

Porkiepies

VIP Member
I thought tonight would be fireworks and excitement. Instead I was nauseous and disappointed.
To quote Bridget Jones "What's the only thing worse than smug married couples? Lots of Smug married couples"

• Haha
Reactions: 9

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
It makes me laugh when they judge people for using excess plastics and tinned beans in a budget B&B when they're flogging pork sausages, eggs, bacon...as long as it's local though. "Locally sourced" is so fucking empty. If we're to believe they're environmentally conscious then perhaps contributing to animal agriculture from their ivory towers needs to be with the aid of a hand mirror.

I'll get off my soap box. Haha.

I think I'm alone in wanting to not be bothered too much by the people running a hotel. "Hello, what do you want to eat? Thanks for staying!". Ideal for me.

Reactions: 9