Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

iona.a.smith

VIP Member
Unsure if I will see much of this race weekend. I never see Fridays because I'm working. Saturday, there is a possibility I might be going to a music festival for the day.Sunday, I will specifically make a point of watching even if I'm hungover as fuck.

I will be playing a LOT of catch up if I get my ticket.
Can confirm I on the other hand will not be going near said music festival with a 10-foot bargepole😂😂😂the thought of Transmit makes me a little sick😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

monza

VIP Member
Watched Quadrant video with a couple of fast forwardings
Basically Aarav, Niran and Steve reacting through whole race with some decent commenting

Why was there a need for Max to do pit wall? Is there actually more than 50 people who regularly watch that?

P. S. Bet you didn't expect me talking about this when I mentioned Quadrant video at the beginning of the post ? HA!

• Haha

Albrouze

Chatty Member
Oh I did! She saw the old me when I was young and fun loving trying to find a taxi and walking along singing Oasis songs with fellas from Donegal 😂. Not the grumpy mum giving off to her

Where are you heading? I’d love to travel around Ireland. It’s very expensive though. Our country is beautiful but the weather unfortunately not always so good!
Donegal , Cork and Galway areas. Mostly for family events for my husband. I've no idea where we're staying most of the time and haven't even looked at the cost of accommodation.

• Heart

Agatha—

Helmet Marko needs a bullet.

He is pure evil.

Nobody has the right to discuss medial/mental health treatments somebody is recieving.

Pierre better have made up with Yuki, because Pierre knows what it's like at Red Bull/Alpha Tauri, and Yuki needs someone on his side looking after him. Yuki deserves better. Pierre deserves better. F1 deserves better than Marko involved in the sport.

This is reprehensible conduct.
I know I’m always late for the conversation because of the time difference but Jesus this is awful, what does Helmut Marco does in RedBull that he can say all this awful things and no one thinks is weird I know Horner is team principal but is Helmut more powerful than him?

imolathesecond

VIP Member
Are you saying that Valtteri doesn't bring his own bike in to every race? I don't believe you. He loves his bike almost as much as he loves Tiff 😅
Like, every driver gets their bikes and cars in the respective country🤔
He could bring it to be fair, he probably has a really specific one as well. But for those that just need it for a track walk or to get to the track or whatever, they just rent one wherever possible. Traveling this much and bringing a bike all the time would just be a headache.

Blablabla29

VIP Member
Because people are weird. I would rather due of mortification than ask someone (who I don't know personally) girlfriend for a photo
I would probably never dare to ask Lando (or any other drivers or famous people) for a pic even if i am a fan because i am waaaaaay too shy for it so asking Luisa is really something i can't understand 😂😂

• Haha

iona.a.smith

VIP Member
In unrelated but kinda related wag news, the guy George is watching play tennis right now, Fritz’s girlfriend is pure 🔥 and her fashion game is strong

View attachment 1396998
Omg i found her on TikTok at the start of the year and I love her...use her as outfit inspo sometimes for paddock outfits and her HGW podcast playlist/recommendations are fabulous.

Princess of Scots

VIP Member
Ah no, as a fellow pale blue person I sympathise ❤Any aftersun with yoghurt or aloe vera in it should help, keep it in the fridge to help take the heat out of the burn.
Even better if you pop the after sun in the fridge for a little bit. Takes the cool out even more. Our Celtic genes can't handle the sun.

@
Silverstone debrief below!!
Friday was a mega early day for us.

We watched F2 at international pit straight, FP1 from Hamilton straight and FP2 from Club. Also watched W Series from Club which was great! Our idea was to suss out where we wanted to watch quali from on the Friday so that we had good views. We did a lap of the track as well which was bloody massive!

I made a rookie mistake here - went for a piss and forgot to take a tissue - needless to say realising mid-stream that there was no toilet roll and having to shake was not ideal 🥴

I can’t upload my videos sadly but here are some pictures:

View attachment 1392193
View attachment 1392199
View attachment 1392200

Saturday we started the day off by sitting quickly in Copse before moving to Becketts for FP3. Let me tell you, it was freezing - the wind was absolutely nutty! I felt like I was going to be blown off the grandstand and into the merch tents.

We decided we were going to watch quali from Club so we made the journey over and it was RAMMED. We were so lucky that a stranger saved the day!

We were stood at the back of a massive queue to get up to the stand and a stranger approached and said ‘come with me’. I thought fuck it, if all else fails we’re only going to end up at the back of the queue again, so we followed him. He snuck us into Club and said ‘I’ve been saving these seats for my friends but they’re sitting somewhere else so you can have them because you look nice and you’re wearing a Lewis hat’. It was a beige Alpine hat that my brother was wearing but we were not going to correct him hahaha. The seats were the second row from the front!!

We ended up seeing Valtteri spin on his first lap, Max’s spin and the final drama where Carlos got quickest lap at the last second ! The rain made it so so interesting and we had the best time!

The people we were staying with managed by chance to get into hospitality and said someone purposefully dropped a glass bottle from the balcony into the pit lane during quali - it hit the bonnet of one of the safety cars. What a pleb!

View attachment 1392238

Well Sunday was just mental wasn’t it. I am SO happy Zhou and Alex are okay - I cannot tell you how silent Silverstone was after the crash when we were waiting for any news on his condition. As soon as it was confirmed that Zhou was okay everyone erupted into cheers which was amazing!

We had grandstand seats at Luffield Corner a few rows from the front which was great. Seb’s lap was dreamy as was the driver parade! They all looked so cute being driven around in the old cars!

The race itself, bar the crash, was phenomenal. We had some amazing action at Luffield between Charles, Perez and Lewis. The crowd reaction to Lewis’ overtakes as well as Max getting a puncture was absolutely electric. We were so happy to see Carlos get his first pole and win - very unfortunate for Charles but I think Carlos deserved it after his patience - 150 GPs is a long time to wait!

Track walk after the race was also amazing - I picked up some tyre rubber as a momento of an amazing weekend.

View attachment 1392270

I took my film camera with me and took some pictures on there too so will let you all know if I got any good ones once the rolls are developed.

@90sgirl and @landolorian I’d love to know what tickets you two had and whether you’d recommend them for next year!

Silverstone 2023 Tattle meet up pending!
Looks like you had a fantastic time!

• Heart
  • Haha