Formula 1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Honda have announced they are quitting after 2021. Red Bull and Alpha Tauri are engineless with Renault the likely only engine manufacturer able to supply them. Merc and Ferrari will obviously refuse, Renault will be obliged to supply under the regulations. Bit awkward after the far from civil divorce last time around.

Reactions: 4
So Honda have announced they are quitting after 2021. Red Bull and Alpha Tauri are engineless with Renault the likely only engine manufacturer able to supply them. Merc and Ferrari will obviously refuse, Renault will be obliged to supply under the regulations. Bit awkward after the far from civil divorce last time around.
The tea is RB have known since the start of the pandemic but haven’t sorted it out yet

Reactions: 3
The tea is RB have known since the start of the pandemic but haven’t sorted it out yet
Red Bull is just a bit of a shambles really. The way they split from Renault last time around was an embarrassment for how Red Bull handled it. I hate to think how Red Bull are going to try and get through this period.

F1 really needs a new engine formula really. Cheaper to attract a new engine supplier but still trying to reduce its carbon effects. I personally think they should explore hydrogen fuels - although the fire risk and safety in a crash would be a big concern. But F1 needs something to move it forward from the current hybrid system that isn't sustainable long term.

That or F1 will have to move to a single engine supplier and it be all about the chassis to separate the teams rather than power units as well.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone been to any races? Or have ones they'd like to do?
I've been to Australia and Spa (twice). I would love to go to Monza as I've always wanted to go to Milan anyway.

I can see F1 moving to a single engine unit if Renault goes. They will supply the design to Cosworth (for example) and tell Ferrari and Mercedes they can copy the engine exactly or leave.

Renaults pockets aren't limitless unlike Ferrari and Mercedes.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone been to any races? Or have ones they'd like to do?
Yes I’ve been to Singapore and it was amazing!!! It’s a fab place anyway but the whole set up of the race it’s brilliant, the atmosphere is unreal. The ticket prices were so good compared to UK too! I’m not even an F1 fan (boyfriend is) but I absolutely loved it. Would highly recommend!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Danny Ric absolutely great he finally got the podium he deserved.

Poor Lando, my heart, it's bwoken, it's bwoken! 💔💔

Brand new PU as well, that probably means penalty in Portugal if he has to take a new PU again since he has used his allocation.

Funny race with the amount of engine unreliability. Lando, Valtteri and Alex all with PU problems.

Anyone think there was more to Alex being retired early than engine problems?
Yes definitely. Engine problem came from nowhere, I think it was just an excuse. Albon just driving pretty poorly, so clumsy with the Alpha Tauri. And repeated flatspots. A very bad day for him.

I know Red Bull keep saying that they are going to stand by Albon, but with Perez and Hulkenberg both available for next year, surely there is only so long that can keep the faith before looking elsewhere? Hulkenberg's performance this weekend with no preperation etc. was incredible.

I know Red Bull keep saying that they are going to stand by Albon, but with Perez and Hulkenberg both available for next year, surely there is only so long that can keep the faith before looking elsewhere? Hulkenberg's performance this weekend with no preperation etc. was incredible.
they keep saying that but i really think they’re just saying it to keep speculation down and so alvin doesn’t get too disheartened.
i almost feel like they retired the car today as a slap on the wrist as a “drive better” moment :/

Re Max’s comments on the radio yesterday, surely he needs his knuckles rapped by the FIA - they
Can’t have that sort of derogatory language being spat about!

What did Max say?

Now that Grosjean and K Mag are out, who do you think will drive for Haas next year?

Re Max’s comments on the radio yesterday, surely he needs his knuckles rapped by the FIA - they
Can’t have that sort of derogatory language being spat about!
Max calling Stroll a Mongol was too far. In the heat of moment a bit of effing and jeffing, fair enough. But he has gone too far with his comments. And has been totally unrepentant in the aftermath.

I have a lot of respect for him in terms of his driving ability, but he does come across as a total twit with his attitude at times. Totally not on.

All while ignoring that it wasn't Stroll's fault, stewards were right to not punish either for the crash, but personally I'd blame Verstappen that little bit more, Stroll was still at racing speed, Max was assuming he was going to back off. He didn't, and crashes.

Now that Grosjean and K Mag are out, who do you think will drive for Haas next year?
Well, given that rumour is saying that Alfa Romeo will be keeping their lineup of Raikkonen and Giovinazzi, that means that Schumacher/Ilott only has a Haas seat to go to if they are promoted to F1. The other one would be a loss to F1 if they leave the F1 ladder.

Mazepin is being considered for his budget he will add to Haas' finances. Surely that would also open up Perez as an option for his sponsorship, though Williams is now sounding like his destination.

So I think Haas will probably be Schumacher and Mazepin.

If Williams sign Perez I'd totally understand, but it will be a disaster for Russell, losing his seat for a year. Personally he should've been replacing Bottas at Mercedes next year. Mercedes/Wolff have shown endless incompetence at managing their young drivers. Wehrlein, Ocon and potentially Russell all being managed badly by Mercedes.

What did Max say?

If Perez can get the sponsorship, I would guess he would be in. Also, if Haas wants cheaper engines, he might ask for Mick Schumacher......

Max calling Stroll a Mongol was too far. In the heat of moment a bit of effing and jeffing, fair enough. But he has gone too far with his comments. And has been totally unrepentant in the aftermath.

I have a lot of respect for him in terms of his driving ability, but he does come across as a total twit with his attitude at times. Totally not on.

All while ignoring that it wasn't Stroll's fault, stewards were right to not punish either for the crash, but personally I'd blame Verstappen that little bit more, Stroll was still at racing speed, Max was assuming he was going to back off. He didn't, and crashes.

Well, given that rumour is saying that Alfa Romeo will be keeping their lineup of Raikkonen and Giovinazzi, that means that Schumacher/Ilott only has a Haas seat to go to if they are promoted to F1. The other one would be a loss to F1 if they leave the F1 ladder.

Mazepin is being considered for his budget he will add to Haas' finances. Surely that would also open up Perez as an option for his sponsorship, though Williams is now sounding like his destination.

So I think Haas will probably be Schumacher and Mazepin.

If Williams sign Perez I'd totally understand, but it will be a disaster for Russell, losing his seat for a year. Personally he should've been replacing Bottas at Mercedes next year. Mercedes/Wolff have shown endless incompetence at managing their young drivers. Wehrlein, Ocon and potentially Russell all being managed badly by Mercedes.
I understand Russell is being kept in reserve for when Hamilton retires.....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.