Formula 1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who are people thinking will be the new Hass and Alfa Romeo driver line ups? I'll be gutted if kimi retires, but I think he will.

Reactions: 1
Who are people thinking will be the new Hass and Alfa Romeo driver line ups? I'll be gutted if kimi retires, but I think he will.
I wouldn't be surprised if Kimi called it a day, will be a big loss to F1.

I'm hoping Haas keep Magnussen because I have a soft spot for him. Grosjean needs to go last season.

Would love to see Nico Hulkenberg get a seat at one of the teams - though he deserves a better car than those two teams can offer.

Think Haas could promote Louis Deletraz, he is their test/simulator driver and is currently racing in Formula 2.

Alfa Romeo have to pick of Ferrari academy drivers meaning Mick Schumacher or Callum Ilott, one of them of they retain Giovinazzi, both if they drop Giovinazzi. Obviously the romantics view would be Schumacher to hopefully see him driving for Ferrari in future. Personally I would promote Ilott and give Schumacher another year in F2.

Reactions: 3
That’s incredible you have done Silverstone 4 times and with kids! Agree about Monaco - I would just like to experience it but as a circuit it’s not one to repeat each year. I also cannot believe that Monaco is the only circuit that doesn’t pay to stage races! Bernie eh?!
So have you met any of the drivers?
I haven't properly met any of the drivers, closest we got was our first year, we were given pit walk passes for the Thursday. Turns out we were really lucky to get them, some people have been going for years and have never got them, it's a random ballot thing that they do for weekend ticket holders.
The pit walk was amazing though 😍 and practice pitstops are cool to watch but soooo loud! Couple pics attached.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I would love to go - have never been. I think probably Singapore, actually all of them!

What was it like and what was your favourite part?
it was great! it’s better to watch the f1 on v tbh but the atmosphere is great. i really enjoyed just wandering around tbh, seeing all the cars etc

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So happy to find this thread! I went to Monza last year - absolutely amazing. Never experienced a party like it and I was partying with the Tifosi into the small hours!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I haven't properly met any of the drivers, closest we got was our first year, we were given pit walk passes for the Thursday. Turns out we were really lucky to get them, some people have been going for years and have never got them, it's a random ballot thing that they do for weekend ticket holders.
The pit walk was amazing though 😍 and practice pitstops are cool to watch but soooo loud! Couple pics attached.
Amazing!

• Heart
I wouldn't be surprised if Kimi called it a day, will be a big loss to F1.

I'm hoping Haas keep Magnussen because I have a soft spot for him. Grosjean needs to go last season.

Would love to see Nico Hulkenberg get a seat at one of the teams - though he deserves a better car than those two teams can offer.

Think Haas could promote Louis Deletraz, he is their test/simulator driver and is currently racing in Formula 2.

Alfa Romeo have to pick of Ferrari academy drivers meaning Mick Schumacher or Callum Ilott, one of them of they retain Giovinazzi, both if they drop Giovinazzi. Obviously the romantics view would be Schumacher to hopefully see him driving for Ferrari in future. Personally I would promote Ilott and give Schumacher another year in F2.
I'd love the Hulk back in F1 he deserves a drive. Hope Perez gets a drive also, it's terrible how he has been treated to keep daddies boy in a car!

Reactions: 6
I'd love the Hulk back in F1 he deserves a drive. Hope Perez gets a drive also, it's terrible how he has been treated to keep daddies boy in a car!
It's a shame isn't it, Stroll's essentially a seat blocker at the moment 😕 wouldn't be so bad if he was decent!

Haas could do a lot worse than signing Perez and Hulkenberg if they were both willing to sign and Haas brave enough to replace both drivers at the same time and pass over their youngster Deletraz. Even for a year because both would be potential targets for a bigger team if they have vacant seats. Problem is there isn't enough seats for drivers who want them.

Does anyone on this thread work in F1? Have to admit Mugello was an incredible race... like the good old days 😁😁

Hi all just a post from me to make it clear. Daniel Ricciardo is mine.

As you were 😂
My god you sound like me in my David Coulthard era 😁😁😁

Haas could do a lot worse than signing Perez and Hulkenberg if they were both willing to sign and Haas brave enough to replace both drivers at the same time and pass over their youngster Deletraz. Even for a year because both would be potential targets for a bigger team if they have vacant seats. Problem is there isn't enough seats for drivers who want them.
I hope Hulkenberg and Perez both get a drive, think Grosjean and Kimi need to go.... bit early for Mick Schumacher...... What are the general thoughts about Alonso’s return ???

Last edited:
I hope Hulkenberg and Perez both get a drive, think Grosjean and Kimi need to go.... bit early for Mick Schumacher...... What are the general thoughts about Alonso’s return ???
Definitely think Schumacher would benefit from another season in F2.

Alonso returning again. It's all Renault do is resign Alonso. Good driver, but two years out isn't ideal. I would've personally gone for someone else. Hell, they could've even tried resigning Hulkenberg.

Definitely think Schumacher would benefit from another season in F2.

Alonso returning again. It's all Renault do is resign Alonso. Good driver, but two years out isn't ideal. I would've personally gone for someone else. Hell, they could've even tried resigning Hulkenberg.
Totally agree... my friend is a massive Alonso fan and currently her allegiance is with Sainz cue lots of ribbing from me she can only choose one person to support... Do you think there will be a return to normality next year or up and down ??? Btw I have never been to a race... I would love to go and Nurburgring would be my track of choice though 😁😁😁

I started watching again this year especially after Sky F1 had a good deal. Loving it!
The fact the drivers seem more like real people again is a good help, especially as I watch MotoGP which has been especially epic this year too

I’m just bored of HAM BOT VER top 3. Loving the odd wildcard addition to the podium!

Lewis still hasn’t signed for next year, and he’s got his off road team set up. Wonder if he’ll go? Quite a few drivers have already signed for next year already.

Sainz is doomed with the engine freeze, he’s better off where he is now but it’s too late.
Mega excited for Lando and Danny Ric in the same team.

• Heart
I started watching again this year especially after Sky F1 had a good deal. Loving it!
The fact the drivers seem more like real people again is a good help, especially as I watch MotoGP which has been especially epic this year too

I’m just bored of HAM BOT VER top 3. Loving the odd wildcard addition to the podium!

Lewis still hasn’t signed for next year, and he’s got his off road team set up. Wonder if he’ll go? Quite a few drivers have already signed for next year already.

Sainz is doomed with the engine freeze, he’s better off where he is now but it’s too late.
Mega excited for Lando and Danny Ric in the same team.
Bottas does well if he gets it off the line something he struggles with occasionally. Max has so much potential... you have to laugh at his frustrations though on the team radio... As for coverage I think Channel 4 has the best team DC MW SJ.... they are great team loads of technical and POV from 2 who have sat in the seat

i saw an interesting theory recently. Wolff has shares in Aston Martin and since he’s been thinking about his future recently, maybe he will be moving to AM along with lewis... hence why he hasn’t signed yet

• Wow
i saw an interesting theory recently. Wolff has shares in Aston Martin and since he’s been thinking about his future recently, maybe he will be moving to AM along with lewis... hence why he hasn’t signed yet
I think Lewis would be mad to move to Aston Martin at least not for next season. Also, that would require Laurence Stroll to drop his own son from the team since Vettel has already signed for one seat. He is going to become a 7 time World Champion this year and given that the cars are basically going to remain the same next year due to delaying the new regs by a year, he is near a certainty to get his 8th at Mercedes next year and become the most successful F1 driver ever. Then, he could move teams and be part of a project for a team on the rise. But I really can't see him turning away from the best car on the grid before 2022 when the new regulations come in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wolff at Aston Martin next year though, or maybe leave Mercedes this year, have a year off and then join Aston.

Reactions: 6
I think Lewis would be mad to move to Aston Martin at least not for next season. Also, that would require Laurence Stroll to drop his own son from the team since Vettel has already signed for one seat. He is going to become a 7 time World Champion this year and given that the cars are basically going to remain the same next year due to delaying the new regs by a year, he is near a certainty to get his 8th at Mercedes next year and become the most successful F1 driver ever. Then, he could move teams and be part of a project for a team on the rise. But I really can't see him turning away from the best car on the grid before 2022 when the new regulations come in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wolff at Aston Martin next year though, or maybe leave Mercedes this year, have a year off and then join Aston.
Well Wolff did state about his role changing and not being responsible for so many people he also suffers from crippling migraines by all accounts again due to pressure and stress

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.