Formula 1 Wags #98

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But not Oliver Turvey right? He’s the McLaren sim driver and drives in FE. It’s in Surrey so it’s likely someone from McLaren or affiliated with McLaren
Its close to McLaren yeah but it’s also right next to Heathrow airport so any that were delayed and travelling today 👀

Reactions: 6
I don't see Daniel leaving. F1 is popular in the US but Daniel is more popular imo.

The amount of people who stop me when I'm wearing Daniel's merch to talk about him happens all the time. I live in the American south and even my old coworkers know who Daniel is before they knew what F1 was.

F1 and McLaren know the personality they have and the revenue he brings in and I can't see them wanting that to go away.
I agree, but have to admit I'm incredibly biased. I think the car is a dog (no offence to the lovely dogs out there), I think 2022 was a clean slate for DR at McLaren, and while the last two races he was nowhere, he hasn't been anywhere near as bad as last season. Lando can squeeze results out of it but said himself it's not a comfortable drive.

Daddy Brown is probably trying to light a fire under him, but I also think they're just not able to dodge questions or make excuses for him anymore.

Manifesting him getting better in my delusional world 😉

Reactions: 9
What was Alex thinking 💀 imagine if his teammate did this
right 😭 i got where he was coming from w the explanation but how in the world did he take the blue flags as a “suggestion” and then decided “yk what? imma decline that suggestion” 💀 imagine the reaction from team lh if max did this or vice versa. they’d be CRUCIFIED

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What was Alex thinking 💀 imagine if his teammate did this
Yeah that was one of the numerous things that weren't investigated this weekend 🙄. If Latifi did that everyone would be moaning about how a 💩 driver he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I agree, but have to admit I'm incredibly biased. I think the car is a dog (no offence to the lovely dogs out there), I think 2022 was a clean slate for DR at McLaren, and while the last two races he was nowhere, he hasn't been anywhere near as bad as last season. Lando can squeeze results out of it but said himself it's not a comfortable drive.

Daddy Brown is probably trying to light a fire under him, but I also think they're just not able to dodge questions or make excuses for him anymore.

I think what Zak said is true but it’s also something everyone knows, including Daniel himself. I don’t believe it’s him pressuring Daniel because in that same interview he said he doesn’t believe in pressuring drivers because they already do that enough all on their own. I think it’s really just Zak being brutally honest. But the media seems to confuse it with being mean, when it’s really just facts.

Last edited:
i also think a lot of mclarens GT racing is more customer racing (teams buying mclarens to use) rather than mclaren actually running the team

Reactions: 2
Just putting it out there… I know somebody that drives in the BRSCC Mazda MX 5 championship and he may or may not have from Staines in his bio 👀

(I don’t actually think it’s him as last I checked he lives near me which is not near Staines 😂)

• Haha
  • Wow
Ahhh he’s not McLaren he just lives in that area
i am going through that official GT list (this time not the mclaren one 😂😂) and am like, too old, too old, too old... this one doesn't look like he uses snapchat 😅

• Haha
Oh Lando…how in earth was he allowed to race??? Like I fully get him wanting to do it for the team but come on.
yeah, they seem to be from generation that remembers Jordan's flu game and want to try it in F1LOL, you know like creating great chapters in the story for the future.

My first thought after Lewis posted his story of karting with broken hand just afterwards was that he got jealous that young Lando is being praised for his toughness and wanted to remind the world of his tough races as well. It might have been a total coincidence in timing and Lewis message was meant to be encouraging to others, as many of his other ones, so I might be a bit unfair to him with my associations (sorry Lewis, the encouraging with postive mindset Sir

But seriously, from the article this sounds worse than I thought, I am not comfortable with the fact that someone let him drive, race even, but unfortunately it's not my place to be comfortable or uncomfortable with it, they are all adults LOL
THIS COULD BE ON AUCTION and get MORE FOR CHARITY THAN VALTTERI'S POSTER

Pierre as Vicky Pollard is fully sending me 🤣🤣

here’s the full explanation about what it’s about hahaha . Don’t worry @imolathesecond i has no clue either
I love it, better fame than Four Seasons Landscaping with Trump LOL

EDIT I went away for a while and had to catch up, but I see the topics already moved, the thread is fast!

• Heart
I don't see Daniel leaving. F1 is popular in the US but Daniel is more popular imo.

The amount of people who stop me when I'm wearing Daniel's merch to talk about him happens all the time. I live in the American south and even my old coworkers know who Daniel is before they knew what F1 was.

F1 and McLaren know the personality they have and the revenue he brings in and I can't see them wanting that to go away.
Yes when I was in Texas recently (not Austin) I saw a lot of people with McLaren merch on

Last edited:
  • Heart
Bloody hell Mclaren not you as well 😂😂 this song is doing my head in

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

I completely agree with you and I am equally very biased.
Please welcome your delusional world to my delusional universe where we all wish for Daniel to do better!

Reactions: 4
Hello girls 😍 so busy today 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can anyone tell me if something interesting happend today ? Beside Pierre’s photo dump ? Daniel and Heidi ? We need nickname for them 😂 i don’t have time to read all of it 😂 I have date with an iron and 2 baskets full of laundry 😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.