Formula 1 Wags #61

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some journalists saying drivers ‘unanimously’ agreed to racing tomorrow but I can’t honestly believe that for a second. Maybe they feel pressured to have to say yes, but I’m some of them won’t feel easy about it (Lewis at the very least).

Reactions: 6
Some journalists saying drivers ‘unanimously’ agreed to racing tomorrow but I can’t honestly believe that for a second. Maybe they feel pressured to have to say yes, but I’m some of them won’t feel easy about it (Lewis at the very least).
Read same thing that F1 gave permission to decide that they don't have to race but all agreed to continue
Hard to believe

Reactions: 1
Yeah i saw that too. But i find it quite unfair from f1 to let the drivers choose what they want to do instead of make a decision. Because now if someone (journalist, fan...) criticized f1 for letting the race happen, they will just say "but we let them choose and they decided to go ahead". What a way to put the blame on them because you didn't have the balls to cancel the GP...

Reactions: 8
Yeah i saw that too. But i find it quite unfair from f1 to let the drivers choose what they want to do instead of make a decision. Because now if someone (journalist, fan...) criticized f1 for letting the race happen, they will just say "but we let them choose and they decided to go ahead". What a way to put the blame on them because you didn't have the balls to do it...
Totally agree, putting the onus on them is so weak and unfair.

honestly I would have sooo much respect if they all just refused to race.

8112F82F-0D81-4B4E-BF01-B5652CC73980.jpeg

Reactions: 2
It’s so fucked they said let the drivers ultimately decide, like what, that’s not their job

Reactions: 5
Domenicali and Brawn look like they want to convince the drivers to go ahead. Drivers are not allowed to talk about this to the media in any way. Hamilton seems to be leading the conversation. Would love to say I’m surprised about any of these things but I‘m just not.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
The drivers are still in a meeting at midnight (Saudi time), it starts 2 hours ago. They seem really undecised. Domenicali just join them, i hope he doesn't try to put pressure on them to race 😕.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Look I know there’s nothing funny about this situation but Max is giving Lewis a very funny side eye and in the context of the 2021 championship it’s hilarious. Also someone get Daniel a chair, he’s been standing there for 2 hours now 😅
1648244414764.jpeg

There drivers hopped out of their cars and now it’s midnight in Jeddah, they still haven’t debriefed or done their post session recovery workouts. It shouldn’t be their decision to make.

Reactions: 12
Domenicali and Brawn look like they want to convince the drivers to go ahead. Drivers are not allowed to talk about this to the media in any way. Hamilton seems to be leading the conversation. Would love to say I’m surprised about any of these things but I‘m just not.
this is actually disgusting, trying to basically force the drivers to drive in a war zone 🤬

Reactions: 10
Domenicali and Brawn should be fired after this
They didn't have problem fire Masi (rightfully) so there are 2 other names to carry on

Reactions: 2
Domenicali and Brawn should be fired after this
They didn't have problem fire Masi (rightfully) so there are 2 other names to carry on
Unfortunately two completely different things. Masi worked for the FIA, led by Suleyman now. Domenicali and Brawn are with liberty media/FOM. And they have leadership positions, they’re not going to fire themselves.

Reactions: 3
Well the fact the meeting is going on so long clearly shows drivers aren't happy about this going ahead.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.