Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blablabla29

VIP Member
Éric Boulier (French GP director and who used to work for Lotus and McLaren) just say that, in order to remove their sidepodes, Mercedes had actually Look into the aerospatial new technologies. It allows them to reduce their radiators and the cooling of their engine to a minimum. It is not as fast as a rocketship yet but i found that crazy 🤯.

• Wow
Reactions: 1

ummidk33104

Chatty Member
Jesus I cant keep up with these threads.....

but WHAT A QUALI

Haas and Bottas completely blew me away today. Mick must be thrilled. Gutted for McLaren though:(

Happy for Charles and Ferrari.

Just super surprised that Merc doesn't look the best atm.
I wanna be VIP member so bad but US time zones suck😩

Pole er bear

VIP Member
For what i understand (i'm not an expert so there is a high probabilty that i'm wrong) aero grip is generate by front and rear wing/sidepods/floor and what is under the floor and generate the ground effect. The mecanic grip is linked to the suspension and the tires. So i think it is possible to find more aero grip just by creating new designs or updating the different parts of the car just like they do every year. For mecanic grip it will be fiding better setups and understanding the tires better i think.
At least they seem to know on what to work to be better but, yeah, starting the season by being behind a lot of teams is not ideal.
The problem with all of it, and this was my fear from the beginning, is that fixing it, means a total redesign of those sidepods/wings etc. It seems like other teams like Mercedes, and redbull had a back up plan after barcelona and came into bahrain ready to modify and go with it. mclaren not only had the breaks set them back, they seem totally unprepared to modify their car on the spot. hell, redbull brought out a dremel, and was literally cutting into their design to modify on the spot. Mclaren was too distracted by the breaks and just assumed the design was legit from Barcelona. Sadly that's why having 2 cars running would have been helpful for more data.
Anyway, I assume Austrailia would be the first hope at improvement in the off week. But like Zak said, they will grind through that data nonstop and do something at the factory. But yeah, until they do that the drivers are going to be stuck with the pace and as lando said hoping the breaks don't catch on fire