Formula 1 Wags #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was going through the last thread and saw when you guys talked about Lando besting Daniel most of the season and then saw this tweet a minute ago. I do how someone like Daniel would come to terms with his young teammate having a better outlook than him (for the second time actually). I'm not sure he'd become Alonso bitter though at least I'd hope not

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I liked her for that and then also completely deleting her account. I took it as her being serious about her own career and not wanting to do the influencer route. But doing a collaboration with a jewellery brand is just an odd move.
Also no one seems to pick up on the fact that she wears a lot of Zara (even to a premiere) like the likes of Charlotte on the WAG insta’s and instead all comment on her classy style.
I totally agree I don’t get the jewellery collaboration either - I wonder whether she knows/is friends with the people who own it? They can’t be getting much out of partnering with her since she has no public presence.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know what people find in Iona, she’s just like any other wannabe influencer and she’s not even pretty imo.

Reactions: 15
Wholeheartedly agree...he doesn’t have a “team” telling him what to do it controlling anything yet he’s signed to the biggest sports agency in the world and literally has a team doing exactly that.

the only thing anyone ever told him to do was his dad telling him to always be clean shaven and look presentable Bc of the business side ... it’s SO rehearsed that I honestly thinhe really believes this is who he is at this point.
I would be insulted if I worked overtime to keep him squeaky clean when he’s had indiscretions and he’s like nah I’m just a good guy and never got into trouble Bc of how I was raised when a lot of other people have Bc it’s so easy to get wrapped up in stuff with f1 but he stays away from it all.
yeaaaaaoookayyyy
Essentially the interview could be summed up by saying...Blake who? What’s CAA?

He gives the same answers. Like clockwork. How many times have we heard about Monza? Same words. When he said something about not wanting to win all the time I thought… are you kidding me? So the high is always the highest it can be? What kind of thought process is that?

There were contradictions… he may want to go MIA, delete social media and live on the farm but then you have to make the most of having famous friends. Daniel, bro…go one way or the other. You can’t be Hollywood and farm boy at the same time.

You don’t have a brand or a team but there are 3/4 CAA people helping you with that. I facepalmed so many times.

The image he tried to portray was definitely good boy Daniel when it seems to be well documented he’s not a saint (he doesn’t need to be, but also don’t pretend). Poor Blake who has worked hard since 2018 to keep Daniel’s life away from the public eye.

To finish.. the whole lack of ego was just.. I can’t get over him having the nerve of to say this pseudo-inspirational tit as if this is who he is and how he acts.

Reactions: 3
He gives the same answers. Like clockwork. How many times have we heard about Monza? Same words. When he said something about not wanting to win all the time I thought… are you kidding me? So the high is always the highest it can be? What kind of thought process is that?

There were contradictions… he may want to go MIA, delete social media and live on the farm but then you have to make the most of having famous friends. Daniel, bro…go one way or the other. You can’t be Hollywood and farm boy at the same time.

You don’t have a brand or a team but there are 3/4 CAA people helping you with that. I facepalmed so many times.

The image he tried to portray was definitely good boy Daniel when it seems to be well documented he’s not a saint (he doesn’t need to be, but also don’t pretend). Poor Blake who has worked hard since 2018 to keep Daniel’s life away from the public eye.
I mean totally felt the same when he said the “rather not win all the time” thing because it was blatantly him somehow claiming he prefers the one win he had this season over a season like Lewis or Max because when it doesn’t happen every weekend, he won’t always be run down and tired and he will always have the “high” of winning and not become numb to it. Reminiscent of when you lose a competition and you’re like “I didn’t want to win anyway!” Meanwhile you’ve dedicated 80% of your entire life to winning and a short while ago your brand was “future wdc or bust”.

It reminded me a lot of his musical preferences being undiscovered indie bands and nothing mainstream (also commented on this in the podcast as well, btw) because obscurity and not being the most successful is somehow cooler and not being a sell out. Hipster vibes.

Reactions: 3
DR Is on a new podcast called @gypsytales has anyone listened to it only I can’t bothered yet 😂
Been listening on/off all day but him talking about having been a fanboy of McGregor back in the day 🚩🚩🚩and his claim to fame is that he nominated him for an ice bucket challenge…..no honey no! “In 10 years time I wonder if you ask him would you have done it differently” 👀 He’ll either be in prison or dead so I’d go with yes!

Edited to add someone add hot pics of him to stop me from going off him again!

Reactions: 2
NINTCHDBPICT000652646500.jpg

If anyone is needing inspiration dress wise i found this as well.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
It reminded me a lot of his musical preferences being undiscovered indie bands and nothing mainstream (also commented on this in the podcast as well, btw) because obscurity and not being the most successful is somehow cooler and not being a sell out. Hipster vibe
Tbh his music choices aren't even undiscovered. He just has a bit of an individuality complex. The choices he puts on his 3 X 3 aren't exactly little bands with only a couple of thousand listeners per month,they're just not in top 40.

Reactions: 4
coming through with an unpopular opinion again (apparently i can only do these or simp): lando and daniel are both fantastic drivers and lando beating daniel this season is not because he lost his edge. the mclaren is very different and very hard to drive. lando grew up in that mclaren family and in that car, he knows it like the back of his hand. daniel's driving style is a lot about the brakes, the mclaren doesn't allow him to use that and adapting to that after 10 years of driving cars that operate differently is hard. daniel knows what he has to do with the car but it's just not coming naturally which then results in a lack of confidence and performance. the reason the mclaren is like that is because fernando wanted it like that. no one had lando as a potential wdc on the radar before this year. things change rapidly in f1 but both are absolutely amazing drivers who, given the right car that suits their driving style, will bring in a lot of great results.
and regarding daniel wanting to look like a good guy, maybe it's simply because he is. no one can talk for four hours about something they don't genuinely mean. he said he's torn between wanting a farm life vs. wanting to stay in the lime light after f1 many times before and i think he's being honest. i feel like we should cut him some more slack because yes, even though he absolutely misspoke in saudi and other times and definitely deserves to be held accountable for that, i think he's genuine in his intentions. i understand not everyone agrees, but that's just my view. 🤷🏻‍♀️❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Tbh his music choices aren't even undiscovered. He just has a bit of an individuality complex. The choices he puts on his 3 X 3 aren't exactly little bands with only a couple of thousand listeners per month,they're just not in top 40.
to clarify, he said he would love to go on a road trip across the US to random tiny bars and see undiscovered bands performing for 20 people which is why he loves Austin so much.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.