Formula 1 Wags #203 Papacito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just thought about seeing Lewis without the Merc badge on his clothes …. I can’t do it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Lewis leaving will likely trigger a lot of upset within the team. Apparently John Elkan hopes Lewis joining will entice Merc engineers to join him. That team is going nowhere but downhill imo
Imagine being George.

Puts all that effort in as a junior to get Merc to notice him and take him on. Spends three years at Williams when they were the worst team on the grid waiting to get his promised promotion. Arrives at Merc the year they screw up the new regs. Now Lewis abandons ship, which will probably trigger a skill exodus from the team. Wonder whose kitten George tortured when he was young to land that bucket load of karma? :oops:

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Actually duck it
Im A Lewis fan now!
(always was but merc post 2021 seems like he's been disapointed by them)
---
I’ve just thought about seeing Lewis without the Merc badge on his clothes …. I can’t do it
this will be good for him. you'll love it just wait
he's gotta be so happy

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Imagine being George.

Puts all that effort in as a junior to get Merc to notice him and take him on. Spends three years at Williams when they were the worst team on the grid waiting to get his promised promotion. Arrives the year they screw up the new regs. Now Lewis abandons ship, which will probably trigger a skill exodus from the team. Wonder whose kitten George tortured when he was young to land that bucket load of karma? :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I felt that way when he left McLaren, seeing him in Merc kit felt all kinds of wrong. Soon got used to it though.
If it helps, you'll get over it soon enough if he starts winning races again!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Don't forget there are car launch incoming days. So my suggestion: "Lewis to Ferrari and Car Launch Days". 😅
oh i think he is gonna do the bare minimum with them now
nothing bitchy, but just way less effort than he was already doing (media wise)

Actually duck it
Im A Lewis fan now!
(always was but merc post 2021 seems like he's been disapointed by them)
---

this will be good for him. you'll love it just wait
he's gotta be so happy
I’m genuinely sad. At times it’s felt like I was one of the only remaining Lewis fans that still backed Merc. I remember how unhappy he was at McLaren, and how Toto letting him just be himself was so appreciated. I don’t want him to have to go back to being restricted in what he can say and do. And I’m disappointed in him tbh. I’ve had friends go to Monza and say Ferrari fans would literally make monkey noises at him when his car went past them on track. I know how ruthless Italian media is, I don’t want to deal with that tbh. I’m too old and drained with my own life. It might seem dramatic but I honestly think I’m done

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I felt that way when he left McLaren, seeing him in Merc kit felt all kinds of wrong. Soon got used to it though.
If it helps, you'll get over it soon enough if he starts winning races again!
Yeah. I think he'll suit the red....excited to see what happens. Pity we have to wait a year though....

Reactions: 4
When do we think Lewis made this decision las year
could see him pulling the trigger when he was in the sim this or last week - Ferrari might have send him a card blank sort of contract and simply agreed to everything to get him on board

everything else sort of doesn’t make sense with the late 23 new contract announcement

but still don’t get why announce it already

could see him pulling the trigger when he was in the sim this or last week - Ferrari might have send him a card blank sort of contract and simply agreed to everything to get him on board

everything else sort of doesn’t make sense with the late 23 new contract announcement

but still don’t get why announce it already
The season hasn't even started yet abd we already have 1 driver out of a seat and a team knowing they are losing a massively experienced and generally intelligent, thoughtful driver and being left with one who has a reputation for driving into other cars

• Haha
Where was it that he was basically on his own at the podium because Toto/Merc didn't turn up?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.