Formula 1 Wags #203 Papacito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m genuinely sad. At times it’s felt like I was one of the only remaining Lewis fans that still backed Merc. I remember how unhappy he was at McLaren, and how Toto letting him just be himself was so appreciated. I don’t want him to have to go back to being restricted in what he can say and do. And I’m disappointed in him tbh. I’ve had friends go to Monza and say Ferrari fans would literally make monkey noises at him when his car went past them on track. I know how ruthless Italian media is, I don’t want to deal with that tbh. I’m too old and drained with my own life. It might seem dramatic but I honestly think I’m done
💕 for you.

I'm with you, a bit. I genuinely don't get it, apart from there was a falling out, or a sort of brinkmanship thing.

Merc are in points as good as ferrari, but probably better organised. I can't see that changing soon. So it's not about winning.
It's not about money.
It's not about support for Lewis' initiatives, as I genuinely don't see any other team being as passionate about increasing diversity of their workforce, or their pipeline, or in STEM. And certainly not Ferrari. Whose fans can be toxic.

I think it will be post-rationalised as 'I'm just a boy who always wanted to race in red' but I don't really get that either.

It feels a bit like Lewis is leaving his principles behind him, for... fame/attention/ego stroking? Spite?

I too can be a petty witch so i want George to do well in 24. Or Carlos. Or Oscar.
Except of course it's another Max year.

Edit: Or lovely lovely Alex of course for whom I want only good things.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
💕 for you.

I'm with you, a bit. I genuinely don't get it, apart from there was a falling out, or a sort of brinkmanship thing.

Merc are in points as good as ferrari, but probably better organised. I can't see that changing soon. So it's not about winning.
It's not about money.
It's not about support for Lewis' initiatives, as I genuinely don't see any other team being as passionate about increasing diversity of their workforce, or their pipeline, or in STEM. And certainly not Ferrari. Whose fans can be toxic.

I think it will be post-rationalised as 'I'm just a boy who always wanted to race in red' but I don't really get that either.

It feels a bit like Lewis is leaving his principles behind him, for... fame/attention/ego stroking? Spite?

I too can be a petty witch so i want George to do well in 24. Or Carlos. Or Oscar.
Except of course it's another Max year.

Edit: Or lovely lovely Alex of course for whom I want only good things.
I agree. And I say this as someone who’s loved that man since 07, I’m struggling rn to not feel angry. Maybe angers the wrong word idk but disappointment is definitely there. And I get Mercedes have let him down, multiple times over these last seasons. But I always thought it was a case of well, we take the rough with the smooth together. Toto especially has been through so much with Lewis, they’ve backed each other to the hills. I can’t fathom what can possibly have gone so wrong so quickly

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I agree. And I say this as someone who’s loved that man since 07, I’m struggling rn to not feel angry. Maybe angers the wrong word idk but disappointment is definitely there. And I get Mercedes have let him down, multiple times over these last seasons. But I always thought it was a case of well, we take the rough with the smooth together. Toto especially has been through so much with Lewis, they’ve backed each other to the hills. I can’t fathom what can possibly have gone so wrong so quickly
There did seem to be a distance between them last season that was never there before. Toto also wasn't as visible last year so maybe he is beginning to step back as well and that has had some influence?

Reactions: 2
I’m genuinely sad. At times it’s felt like I was one of the only remaining Lewis fans that still backed Merc. I remember how unhappy he was at McLaren, and how Toto letting him just be himself was so appreciated. I don’t want him to have to go back to being restricted in what he can say and do. And I’m disappointed in him tbh. I’ve had friends go to Monza and say Ferrari fans would literally make monkey noises at him when his car went past them on track. I know how ruthless Italian media is, I don’t want to deal with that tbh. I’m too old and drained with my own life. It might seem dramatic but I honestly think I’m done
I totally get where you are coming from, it's not like I am free of these fears, I have many thoughts, too many to write now, as I am still on a high, but my emotions are mixed with fear (mostly about 2025 being his last year). I have zero, absolutely zero doubts that if not for Fred being there this move would never have happened, so maybe he sees a chance for a change, or wants to challenge things there. I can see him giving some reasons behind the decision, surely at some point, so maybe we will know more. It might look like, well, disloyal move looking at #loyaltytatoo :ROFLMAO:, so I think something must have happened really for him to risk his - well reputation of sticking to Merc basically - for this.

Penni (2 or 3 years but still) contract- done, Marc Hynes - back; Merc- done, reunion with Fred (really old times). He's in some phase for some months it seems and probably has a bigger picture that he will or not inform of, I am just ready to see what happens (once I calm down) :ROFLMAO:

all this, for a whole day, and the man did not even say a word :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
There did seem to be a distance between them last season that was never there before. Toto also wasn't as visible last year so maybe he is beginning to step back as well and that has had some influence?
could it be that the team believed that he lost his „fire“ with the not as great season in 22 compared to George? Might have been an internal shift to place more Ressources and power behind George then Lewis

also George was spotted a lot with Toto in his off track time

Reactions: 4
I totally get where you are coming from, it's not like I am free of these fears, I have many thoughts, too many to write now, as I am still on a high, but my emotions are mixed with fear (mostly about 2025 being his last year). I have zero, absolutely zero doubts that if not for Fred being there this move would never have happened, so maybe he sees a chance for a change, or wants to challenge things there. I can see him giving some reasons behind the decision, surely at some point, so maybe we will know more. It might look like, well, disloyal move looking at #loyaltytatoo :ROFLMAO:, so I think something must have happened really for him to risk his - well reputation of sticking to Merc basically - for this.

Penni (2 or 3 years but still) contract- done, Marc Hynes - back; Merc- done, reunion with Fred (really old times). He's in some phase for some months it seems and probably has a bigger picture that he will or not inform of, I am just ready to see what happens (once I calm down) :ROFLMAO:

all this, for a whole day, and the man did not even say a word :ROFLMAO:
1 things for sure he’d never have gone if Binotto was still there, he hated him.

It’s giving midlife crisis ngl, the more I think about it

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Wait - wasn‘t Lewis Charles Dream teammate? Is Ferrari just fulfilling Charles wishlist (his brother in an F1 car, development driver - now Lewis) to keep him in a Ferrari for as long as possible?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
bigger question when did Carlos found out or was told?
he‘s def ignoring all calls today

George is probably sitting in a closet, crying his eyes out as now he either needs to deliver or he gets a very competitive teammate like Alonso who doesn’t give a duck
I would very much like the footage of angry Carlos 🥵

Tot has been buttering Geroge up for weeks now, no other way to explain all those double dates

Reactions: 3
I don't think this came entirely out of the blue (eg: justice for Christian who spilled the tea months ago and virtually everyone called him a liar (I always believed you my messy queen), Toto and George hanging out more recently)... but Lewis might've dropped the news to Toto yesterday on a video call. 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.