Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
One thing though,Audi is from 2026 and Carlos needs a seat for 2025

McLaren boys sleeping calm and relaxed that they will not have to participate in whatever silly season will be going on :)
Seidl was 100% put in place for Audi, for all the pretence of him just being Sauber CEO.
If Audi want Carlos for 2026, Seidl wouldn't hesitate to get him on board a year early if Carlos wanted to join them, especially as both his drivers will be out of contract.

Reactions: 8

pastafasta

VIP Member
To make the discussion a bit less too serious - There is the thing that wags are often praised (and more) for simply existing, so we are here to balance it out. ;)

• Haha

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
Have to say, I do feel bad for Carlos that this has come out before he had a chance to announce his departure. I know it's a leak and Ferrari haven't officially announced anything yet but it doesn't afford him much respect, given someone there must have fed this to the Italian media in the first place. It's not like he hasn't given his all for Ferrari since he's been there.

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
Tbh I’d understand a move to red bull more from his pov. Last ditch roll of the dice with nothing to lose, in the best team. This just seems too much of a like for like move to be anything performance motivated
Thing is though, I'm pretty sure Red Bull would have said thanks but no thanks.
I know it's Lewis, but I doubt they want anything upsetting what they have with Max rn.

I know people think everyone must want Lewis if he came calling but I'm really not so sure that's entirely true, despite all his accolades. I don't think RB would be interested. I also don't think McLaren would willingly swap out either of their pair for him, they have their own long-term plans that revolve around Norris and Piastri. That's no disrespect to Lewis, but I don't think he would fit either of those teams' plans.

Ferrari on the other hand, well it's kind of an opportune moment for them. They've already locked in the driver they want long-term, they clearly weren't too bothered about Carlos and didn't want him long-term, they obviously have plans for Bearman in the medium-term - Lewis as a big name, big splash signing and bringing all his experience with him for a year or two probably worked for them and for Lewis, if he wanted out of Merc for his final year or two in the sport, well it was probably his only other top 4 team option.

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
I think with Honda potentially coming in Yuki is the most likely to end up in the Aston. Whether thats in place of Lance considering it was rumoured sponsors were putting pressure on regarding his performance last season or Fernando I’m not sure.

Definitely wouldn’t be against a Yuki/Carlos lineup though 😅
I don't disagree about Yuki but he's also not considered a top driver and if Aston Martin are still fighting at the sharp end then they're going to want one. Carlos is the only available one right now if Alonso goes. That's why I think he is at least a serious option for them imo.
ETA Also Honda's deal with AM doesn't guarantee them the same say over drivers that they had with Red Bull, that much has already been reported. Doesn't mean they can't make their feelings known of course and I'm sure they will but they don't have the same sway as before.

Agreed a Carlos/Yuki line-up would be great for that team though!

(According to reliable paddock rumours they already reportedly made enquiries about Lando and were told thanks but no thanks so I do wonder what Alonso is saying to them behind the scenes about his future plans).

Last edited:

90sgirl

VIP Member
View attachment 2711490

"Do you even have any freetime?"

💀
Why is it all we? As far as that question was asking it only involved Carmen no mention of George so why is she answering for both her and George. Biggest red flag is a relationship when it becomes we and not I. 🤦‍♀️
---
I'm procrastinating and spent too long on Instagram, but at least there's been a lot going on today in WAGland. No one asked... but here's a summary and my 2 cents

First it started with people trying to cancel Alex again. This time, it was because she wore leather shoes. When people started pointing out that pretty much every WAG wears animal products, they started half-heartedly going after the other WAGs too. I'm sure they've always cared about this topic, have always criticized their favourite drivers and celebrities for wearing animal products too, and they personally don't eat or consume animal products.

(And IMO, the stance that faux leathers and faux furs are better than real animal products is one I have mixed feelings about. Aside from the hypocrisy of meateaters holding this stance (when the meat/dairy industry is just as cruel), the vast majority of faux leathers and faux furs are made out of plastics that are of inferior quality so they'll fall apart and end up in a landfill faster, and there's the whole microplastics issue. so it's more complicated but many people are incapable of nuance)

View attachment 2711354

(Side note: critiques of Kelly's more recent problematic views: valid, dragging on that one tweet Alex liked as a teenager: not so valid. It only became a "scandal" because Charles' fangirls kept searching for a reason to justify their hatred of her and finally found it)

View attachment 2711352

And then there was more valid criticism/gossip which was that on Alex's TikTok where she features some pricy Rene Caovilla boots (that I suspect were gifted to her from the brand due to her Charles connection), someone commented telling her she should disclose her ads. Apparently she replied that it wasn't an ad, deleted her comment, and blocked the user before they could take a full screenshot. They provided some evidence (they showed their comment on her video with a missing reply, and that she blocked them), but it doesn't 100% prove it. I could see it happening though.

(I'm leaning more towards it not being a paid ad and Alex fishing for more luxury gifts. If it were a paid ad, I'd hope Alex would do more than caption it "posted for the shoes" and not even tag or mention the brand lol. These people really overestimate Alex's clout and reach. The F1 WAG gossip world is still pretty niche. They were convinced that The Louvre (yes, The Louvre) paid Alex because she shared one of their posts on her art account. Luxury brands like Rene Caovilla will send out PR gifts (they also sent shoes to Kelly a while back), but they're pickier about who they do actual paid partnerships with. I don't know if a well known and established luxury brand like Rene Caovilla would want to actually pay Alex for that TikTok, when there are bigger and more established influencers (with a track record of actually converting luxury ads into sales) they could work with. So that's why I'm team fishing for freebies.)

View attachment 2711350

In other fashion news, Kelly is at Couture Week and she looked amazing at the Elie Saab show. Great hair, makeup, and outfit. Imo a lot of her past fashion week looks were... Like I get it wasn't not entirely her doing because influencers pick from the a limited selection of clothes provided by the brand... but still

View attachment 2711409

Shortly after Flavy's studying story, it was discovered that Carmen's story about doing leg day was actually taken days before lol

View attachment 2711411

Carmen's Q&A reminds me so much of Kelly's recent Q&A that turned out to be an ad for hair vitamins 😭 A Tweet pointing out how fake Kelly's questions blew up on Twitter. Maybe this was a coincidence ...but she soon posted that cute 2023 video with P and "stepdad" Max and got everyone fawning over that instead. It's really strange to me how Carmen's stuff flies under the radar compared to the more scrutinized wags
I’m only side eyeing that shoe company for this photo they posted to be honest 😬

IMG_9165.jpeg

OOps2022

VIP Member
Guessing this is what Will Buxton was vague-tweeting about earlier
I just came here to post this and saying I hate when Will does that as it makes me anxious AF as it is unverifiable later what he meant. Whatever happens he can later say that it was what he meant :rolleyes:

• Haha

sternchen275

VIP Member
Really wondering how much behind the scenes Mercedes has fucked up that Lewis makes the turn around to leave the team for the 25 season. We saw that it wasn’t all happy land with nobody showing up for his first podiums - but that’s a massive sign that he lost confidence that Mercedes can produce a winning car

pastafasta

VIP Member
Trying to cancel Kika/Pierre out; seriously these two are the only couple with believable and not vomit inducing PDA.
1705819796902.png

• Haha