Formula 1 Wags #201 Walking in a Hinting Wonderland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So did a bit of research on secret santa (stuck here alone all holiday working i need content)
I loved Yuki's apron from Zhou, but this makes it even more meaningful. Yuki was born year of the dragon, so it truly is his year
View attachment 2639566

looks like that thing George got from KMag is called a Hoptimist.... its a classic danish design thing,
but not surprised he would throw classic optimsm into the bin
View attachment 2639573

also apparently Lewis (have no idea if true) quit doing it because he was offended that Max bought valterri a canned fish
meanwhile carlos bought a blinged out dog bowl for lewis because carlos is a dog lover

View attachment 2639581

Personally I think they shouldnt be allowed to gift their own brands, because thats just annoying
but really i think it shows there is just too much pressed into the end of the season and no one has time to do that

I love the Hoptimist! also now knowing the meaning behind Zhou's gift for Yuki it makes even more sense, adorable!

also, in the newest Shell video of Carlos and Charles, Carlos says his dog is his "favourite living thing"
(but through the video there are many moments when it looks like his favourite living thing in the world is Sharl)

---
Saw 3

I think lewis just decided he would rather have better use of his time if he doesnt have to do it. I think he was smart to have his security around early, the time it has saved him not getting accosted by fans is huge. I've said it before, but as an american the access the fans have in the paddock to the athletes is too much. I cant think of any american sport where fans could get that close, but then we also have crazy people with crazy gun laws. It also probably makes his signature worth a lot more
---
Karting keeps you young. He's about my age and lemme tell ya, men around me arent lookin anywhere close to this good
Also how long until Melissa's kids are in karts?
hView attachment 2639763
I am Fernando's age and I fully agree, men around me are getting mentally old - that is the worst. I want Fernando to race for many many more years. He brings something extra to the grid, it would not be the same without him
---
OK Carmen. 😆😆😆 Many brands waiting for you to be their ambassador. 🤣
what does an ambassador do exactly

I am in minority here as I really like Georgie, but I want details Carmen
---
TOO LATE

AAAAAARGHHHH

MY EARSSSSSS
now I need to see it too

PS oh Mick, Mick, Mick. this is so cringe. and what's more - I totally don't see the point of it, what is the purpose, just gives weird teenage codependency vibes

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
You're overthinking it.

The qualification needed here is that they sponsor Mercedes - George and Lewis do ads for their menswear line and they're hoping that by using George's gf they will flog some of their womenswear to his female fans. The "conflict of interest" is the entire point of the collab in the first place, just as it was when Isa was promoting Puma womenswear (before the whole 'women in motorsport' thing which was worse imo as they were using her for an official campaign she had no business being part of. Prior to that, she just did instagram ads wearing their clothes which is probably what Carmen will keep doing here - she was already doing it, they've just made it an official collab). They're not trying to sell clothes via Carmen Mundt the individual, they're trying to sell clothes via George Russell's Girlfriend just as Puma were trying to sell clothes via Carlos Sainz's Girlfriend not Isa Hernaez. If Lewis had a gf they'd be trying to use her as well.

As for other candidates you mentioned before, well if they think someone else might flog their clothing to their or their partners' fans by posting ads on social media, they'll make them brand ambassadors as well. There is no limit to the number they have. They can use as many as they like. It's also not a job people apply for, it's literally a title created for anyone brands think they can make some money out of putting their clothes on. Carmen won't be their only random "influencer" brand ambassador. They'll have a load of them alongside their big name sponsorship deals/collabs you listed. It's the same reason you see big name celebs like Usain Bolt and Martin Garrix being brand ambassadors for Replay alongside a bunch of random insta models and influencers. The former two are the brand's big name collabs and sponsorship deals, the latter are purely people they think they can use to flog some clothes via instagram and TikTok. If Lance's gf sticks around, I wouldn't be surprised to see her starting to do Boss instagram ads either.
im just excessively grumpy to be working the next two weeks
and carmen not working and getting famous purly as you said, because george's sponsor wants to reach out to females
still hoping its the beginning of the end for them.
literally cannot come up in my head with any other wag who got to be ambassador for her boyfriends sponsor
---
also, in the newest Shell video of Carlos and Charles, Carlos says his dog is his "favourite living thing"
(but through the video there are many moments when it looks like his favourite living thing in the world is Sharl)

---
I just want carlos and lando to move to the countryside and live amongst a herd of rescue dogs

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I haven’t watched the Laila/Mick vid cause Mick is truly the most boring person on the planet and I have zero interest in seeing his face but I’m feeling the second hand embarrassment from everyone’s second hand embarrassment.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I haven’t watched the Laila/Mick vid cause Mick is truly the most boring person on the planet and I have zero interest in seeing his face but I’m feeling the second hand embarrassment from everyone’s second hand embarrassment.
is that what people think relationships are like?
---
Okay confirmed
George is the ambassador
1703015532977.png

And so is Carmen, but she didnt mention that part
and looks like the pubs/announcements forgot to mention her
1703015691947.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
im just excessively grumpy to be working the next two weeks
and carmen not working and getting famous purely as you said, because george's sponsor wants to reach out
still hoping its the beginning of the end for them.
literally cannot come up in my head with any other wag who got to be ambassador for her boyfriends sponsor
If it makes you feel better, there are much worse examples of nepotism out there! Ones with serious implications and consequences. Comparatively, landing a Tommy Hilfiger campaign due to your boyfriend is pretty low level, low stakes nepotism. Influencer marketing is just the "thing" now / is the future. Imo doing A-list celebrity only marketing campaigns has become outdated and doesn't get companies the best bang for their buck. It makes sense for brands to also reach out to comparatively smaller influencers like the wags, even if we don't love them. But I totally get that when you're in a hater mood, you sometimes just gotta hate

Reactions: 2
If it makes you feel better, there are much worse examples of nepotism out there! Landing a Tommy Hilfiger campaign due to your boyfriend is pretty low level, low stakes nepotism. Influencer marketing is just the "thing" now / is the future. Imo doing A-list celebrity only marketing campaigns has become outdated and doesn't get companies the best bang for their buck. It makes sense for brands to also reach out to comparatively smaller influencers like the wags, even if we don't love them. But I totally get that when you're in a hater mood, you sometimes just gotta hate
true, she just triggers me
its okay though, my client im working for just sent chocolates from Brazil so im better now

• Haha
Bye
1703016241538.png

Sometimes I wonder if these people even talk to each other in real life if they have to post these love declarations online?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
speaking of tiktok and winter break boredom, just saw these screenshots on twitter of a tiktok showing that people seem to have taken to analysing the photos in Luisa’s bedroom 🤣
tried to link the actual tiktok but tattle wasn’t having it 😅

Attachments

• Haha
speaking of tiktok and winter break boredom, just saw these screenshots on twitter of a tiktok showing that people seem to have taken to analysing the photos in Luisa’s bedroom 🤣
calling @Futtrit and The Monstera
SQUIDS FOREVEEEEER🥰🥰🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 4
To be fair this was when she officially won the yacht trials. Probably using it as motivation for dancing with the stars

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.