Formula 1 Wags #201 Walking in a Hinting Wonderland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m trying to work out the timeline of Flavy and Estie because he was definitely with Phoebe on the boat with Mick and Laila over summer ( don’t think they were anything serious to be honest) so he and Flavy must have started going out not longer after πŸ€”πŸ˜‚
Yup, Phoebe and Cyrielle (and wasn't there another one?) were all just summer flings I guess. :LOL:
(or yacht trials and there wasn't a winner, so he went elsewhere)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just in case, you too want to pull of a Magui

---
Yup, Phoebe and Cyrielle (and wasn't there another one?) were all just summer flings I guess. :LOL:
(or yacht trials and there wasn't a winner, so he went elsewhere)
Im trying to work out if mick got first pick, or if estie was just that picky

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Okay, even though I personally have issues with the concept of rpf for my own reasons, I'm usually pretty live and let live when it comes to fics, whatever floats people's boats as long as they are kept well away from those being written about, but what is with the recent influx of people posting increasingly disturbing self-insert type fics on social media?! Things like "Charles' whole family are killed and you are the only one who can help him through it" or "Carlos almost dies and is paralysed in an accident and you have to look after him" or "You are assaulted and Lando comes to your rescue" - I'm sorry but wtf is wrong with people?! 😬😬:sick:

ETA: This is not me having a go at all fic, as I said live and let live and all that, this is people who are posting this stuff on sm and sometimes even tagging the drivers in - imagine them having to see that stuff when scrolling through their tags 😬

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Okay, even though I personally have issues with the concept of rpf, I'm usually pretty live and let live when it comes to fics, whatever floats people boats as long as they keep it well away from those they are writing about, but what is with the recent influx of people posting increasingly disturbing self-insert type fics on social media?! Things like "Charles' whole family are killed and you are the only one who can help him through it" or "Carlos almost dies and is paralysed in an accident and you have to look after him" or "You are assaulted and Lando comes to your rescue" - wtf is wrong with people?! 😬😬:sick:
Oh it's not just now, it's all the time and in all fandoms. Don't also forget how the main character is also the best of the best. Mary Sues are my pet peeve and usually "slash" between two drivers is written way more realistic. It's ironic really.

Reactions: 5
Oh it's not just now, it's all the time and in all fandoms. Don't also forget how the main character is also the best of the best. Mary Sues are my pet peeve and usually "slash" between two drivers is written way more realistic. It's ironic really.
Ah okay, feeling kinda grateful I've somehow managed to avoid seeing it in the past.
Lol at the Mary Sue part - what, you mean they are not all perfect bfs? :eek:
No red flags on that grid at all... ;) πŸ˜‚

Someone on tumblr posted about this and I found it to be quite accurate. Back in the day, fandom kept itself self-contained-to access RPF you had to gon on forums like LiveJournal or obscure zine sites or even places like tumblr so while people may have been aware of it, it wasn't mainstream. But with the popularity of tiktok, you now have a new gen of kids who are posting their self-insert RPF straight on a platform where there is no way to keep content out of search-you don't have locked blogs or age restrictions or whatever. Also many fandoms self-censor on search platforms to avoid being found but not on tiktok so you go into the #charlesleclerc tag and you will see this content alongside all the other stuff.

It doesn't help that some of the teams, like Alpine encourage it by posting about Piarles and Yukierre and whatnot

Someone on tumblr posted about this and I found it to be quite accurate. Back in the day, fandom kept itself self-contained-to access RPF you had to gon on forums like LiveJournal or obscure zine sites or even places like tumblr so while people may have been aware of it, it wasn't mainstream. But with the popularity of tiktok, you now have a new gen of kids who are posting their self-insert RPF straight on a platform where there is no way to keep content out of search-you don't have locked blogs or age restrictions or whatever. Also many fandoms self-censor on search platforms to avoid being found but not on tiktok so you go into the #charlesleclerc tag and you will see this content alongside all the other stuff.

It doesn't help that some of the teams, like Alpine encourage it by posting about Piarles and Yukierre and whatnot
Yeah, this is exactly what I was talking about, I've also seen them on instagram as well with drivers tagged on them.

Reactions: 2
Phoebe I loved for the moment on that boat

wow this actually connects a lot for me.
when i was around 13-15 i was into comic books and a lot of fan fiction with that
but it was all fiction on fictitious characters
so the RPF stuff kinda weirded me out
i get it now after diving into a few a while back. I think the main thing is social media/reality tv/so many streaming options give so much more access and like with all kinds of fandom, it just kind of emerged. I do prefer that its fictional people and fictional things, but as long as no one gets hurt, there are disclaimers and trigger warnings, then hey I encourage creative writing.

The amount of rpf ig accounts I've seen while going through Lando's tagged pics... It's crazy what people will tag these drivers in.

• Haha
The amount of rpf ig accounts I've seen while going through Lando's tagged pics... It's crazy what people will tag these drivers in.
I think fanfiction, any fanfiction, should stay within the fandom and it shouldn't be pushed into people who the fanfiction is about.
That's why it kind of bothers me how official pages are pushing these "bromances" like crazy and using shipping names. This crossing over is just weird.

Reactions: 10
I think fanfiction, any fanfiction, should stay within the fandom and it shouldn't be pushed into people who the fanfiction is about.
That's why it kind of bothers me how official pages are pushing these "bromances" like crazy and using shipping names. This crossing over is just weird.
I think some people have got to the point of being so chronically online and living their entire lives through social media that they a) think everything needs to be plastered everywhere publicly and b) forget that famous people are in fact human beings with real feelings. People are more interested in getting attention than they are treating others with basic empathy and decency. Same as how some comments might be funny when it's banter between friends but when people do it on social media to famous people who are in reality complete strangers to them, it's just plain rude.

A segue to this but on a kind of similar note is fans who harass famous people for not posting at all or taking time to post on social media when someone else famous who is close to them passes away. Recent example - some of the awful comments that were left on the Friends cast's social media posts after Matthew Perry passed away. It's such an appalling lack of empathy and show of entitlement. Nobody ever owes anyone a public display grief, no matter how famous they or the person who has died are.

ETA sorry, that took a bit of a dark turn, that last point has just been particularly bothering me lately!
---
On a more cheerful note - almost Secret Santa time!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I think some people have got to the point of being so chronically online and living their entire lives through social media that they a) think everything needs to be plastered everywhere publicly and b) forget that famous people are in fact human beings with real feelings. People are more interested in getting attention than they are treating others with basic empathy and decency. Same as how some comments might be funny when it's banter between friends but when people do it on social media to famous people who are in reality complete strangers to them, it's just plain rude.

A segue to this but on a kind of similar note is fans who harass famous people for not posting at all or taking time to post on social media when someone else famous who is close to them passes away. Recent example - some of the awful comments that were left on the Friends cast's social media posts after Matthew Perry passed away. It's such an appalling lack of empathy and show of entitlement. Nobody ever owes anyone a public display grief, no matter how famous they or the person who has died are.

ETA sorry, that took a bit of a dark turn, that last point has just been particularly bothering me lately!
---
On a more cheerful note - almost Secret Santa time!
oh Carlos. definitely got Yuki

• Haha
why would they think this caption is okay to post?? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜­πŸ˜­
Because in a very recent interview or Q&A (basically something like that), Checo was asked what animal he would be and he answered that he'd be a friendly dog.

That being said... most people don't know this context, so this is still an... interesting choice. Either the Red Bull social media people didn't fully consider the implications of the caption... or they wanted the engagement from this mini controversy

Because in a very recent interview or Q&A (basically something like that), Checo was asked what animal he would be and he answered that he'd be a friendly dog.

That being said... most people don't know this context, so this is still an... interesting choice. Either the Red Bull social media people didn't fully consider the implications of the caption... or they wanted the engagement from this mini controversy
aaah okay that makes the winky face make sense πŸ˜… you’re probably right with the engagement thing, that’s definitely what their twitter admin loves to do

Checo already adding up those diaper costs and realizing being a friendly dog still pays
---
Every time he doesn't include her on the main dump... after she's made a dump specifically about him, brings me joy that there mat be a chance, he too, is growing tired of carmen .

---
Ohhhhh. RILEY'S Dad hosted a party for Logan!!!
And they were holding hands?!
Bwahhh ha hah ha my Blonde American dreams finally happening
F These waggabes! My blonde babes coming in hot with daddy's motor money
Screenshot_20231217_234647_Instagram.jpg

---
My Euro King with all his apm monaco bling!
Screenshot_20231218_002937_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
So I'm sniffing something out about a Portuguese business that may connect a lot of things since 2021. It's not central models but I have a feeling they are connected as well if I knew how the company registries work over there. Nothing scandalous but connects magui to everything without having any relationship with lando.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.