Formula 1 Wags #197 Slag Paulo at Sunset

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On one hand, I'm entertained by how out of touch and self-congratulatory Carmen is. I actually find it funny.

But on the other hand, I'm thinking... get a grip? Read the room? Read the news? How are you going to post this crap to your followers, many of whom are working way harder than you could ever imagine because they don't have a multimillionaire bf, and are struggling with inflation/the housing crisis/cost of living/etc?

I won't begrudge Carmen or the WAGs for living this lifestyle. I think many, myself included, would do something similar in their place. And WAGs aren't responsible for the systemic problems that cause inequality and whatnot... but Carmen acting like she works so hard and 'deserves' holiday after holiday is grating. Just posting her vacation and lifestyle content is one thing, but to also add how hard she works/how much she needed to recharge...
I think this is exactly what rubs me the wrong way. She's trying to market herself as one thing (hard-working London finance girl) whilst also constantly reaping the rewards of budding influencer and wag. She's leaning more into the latter, which is genuinely fine, I think like you said, I would take part in that lifestyle if I could, but she's undermining her followers and lying to so many young impressionable women, making them believe this lifestyle is achievable and attainable when it's all built on a lie?

Reactions: 9
On the road so someone else needs to make new thread
I can try... *fingers crossed*
---
New thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.