Formula 1 Wags #197 Slag Paulo at Sunset

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last race of a triple header and ay yay yay how much has happened since

The Slag Shack is in effect for the 3rd (or maybe 4th) year running with Carlando golfing and protecting love with eyes closed
We have reports of Lance being just as miserable around fans as he looks in real life
Daniel tossing fan swiftie bracelets in some kind of inner rage at the failure of his own attempt to capitalize off of them for enchante.
Carmen decided to pretend to be an elitist academic with her new passion for economics (fear of being poor) book knowledge and ended up promoting a dangerous homophobic 'psychiatrist' from spain
we have lu hamster and pietra all in the same hood as the slag house, and magui being extra with her follows
Lewis got invited to the Anitta halloween party which was like a Heidi Klum 2009 version. we have yet to see the photos, but slaggin with ndas was expected
Lily H destroyed a pair of vintage prada loafers and it was tragic, but is around for this portion of the season, and apparently she's a decent person in real life.
Lily Z missing in action and someone thinks thats cause for concern, but she probably is actually in class
as opposed to Alex who is out and about being new BFFs with Rebecca and Kika and apparently not in school as some had assumed
Kika, Rebecca, and Carmen all sittin this one out for once.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I do find it interesting how often Daniel gets called a PR merchant here. I'd urge you to read this from the press conference transcript at COTA and then also consider how desperate McLaren are to push their drivers into the limelight. Constant interviews after qualifying, on the way to the race, after the race, all with Sky Sports F1 and F1TV. Seems to me, especially with Lando, they're desperate to make him the new "British" driver once Lewis leaves considering it'll be a 3-way fight between Lando, George and Alex for that accolade. I can try and find the article again, but some Sports magazine did an article of the most influential sportsmen and women for marketing recently and Daniel wasn't even within the top 50. It had Max, Lewis, and Charles (and I think Lando as well). I think they all benefit from PR and improved limelight, I just think that title is lauded over Daniel too much and then people just stick with it personally as an insult.

Edit: Even this weekend you've seen on the F1 instagram "A day with Oscar Piastri" which correct me if I'm wrong, has not happened with any other driver, at least this year. Not taking a dig at Oscar here, it's genuinely just an observation about what I think is McLaren's very obvious PR plan

1699018948759.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I do find it interesting how often Daniel gets called a PR merchant here. I'd urge you to read this from the press conference transcript at COTA and then also consider how desperate McLaren are to push their drivers into the limelight. Constant interviews after qualifying, on the way to the race, after the race, all with Sky Sports F1 and F1TV. Seems to me, especially with Lando, they're desperate to make him the new "British" driver once Lewis leaves considering it'll be a 3-way fight between Lando, George and Alex for that accolade. I can try and find the article again, but some Sports magazine did an article of the most influential sportsmen and women for marketing recently and Daniel wasn't even within the top 50. It had Max, Lewis, and Charles (and I think Lando as well). I think they all benefit from PR and improved limelight, I just think that title is lauded over Daniel too much and then people just stick with it personally as an insult.

View attachment 2548535
Oh yeah you're probably right about Mclaren, they do seem like the team working really hard to become the most liked team, which they are doing really well actually

Still for me personally doesnt take away what I see in Daniel changing his personality and being all over-the-top in front of cameras
Im sure he's a nice guy, just too attention-horny for me

(Also, if everyone is doing it, maybe Daniel is just really bad at it, cause PR is supposed to be subtle and everyone is calling Daniel out for it and not anyone else 😝)

Reactions: 8

View attachment 2548535
I dont think Daniel is called a PR merchant due to the number of interviews he gives, nor how influential he is. It is more so how he acts in front of the media. Although some people do use it as one, I don't necessarily think it's always an insult. It often just means he knows how to think quickly mid-interview to give the answers that fans/sponsors/media etc.. want to hear.

George often gets the same label due to his almost robotic, PR perfect answers in interviews. I think Daniel gets it more so beacuse he quite clearly plays into the all smiles joker persona the media have put him in.

Overall he just acts very differently to the 'non-PR' drivers such as Max or Lando who just speak what they think without actually caring what the response will be.

Reactions: 10
Don't forget Hamster will be in Lando's garage today. 🤣🤣🤣 Will he bring Pietra there too? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh yeah you're probably right about Mclaren, they do seem like the team working really hard to become the most liked team, which they are doing really well actually

Still for me personally doesnt take away what I see in Daniel changing his personality and being all over-the-top in front of cameras
Im sure he's a nice guy, just too attention-horny for me

(Also, if everyone is doing it, maybe Daniel is just really bad at it, cause PR is supposed to be subtle and everyone is calling Daniel out for it and not anyone else 😝)
I have to be honest, McLaren since Zak took over has been an entirely different team to the one under Ron Dennis. And a lot of that is a hugely positive thing, Ron was … not exactly my favourite person in f1, even if deep down I’m always thankful that he took a chance on Lewis when he did. But it’s obvious there’s been a concerted effort to rebrand as a team, appeal to the younger viewers and become generally more likeable. And having a British driver like Lando again has obviously helped that, but I do feel like a lot of it is forced. The whole “McLaren is such a family” thing kind of makes me cringe and the Daniel instance should have showed everybody that they are still very much a business and PR has a huge part to play in the narrative that so many bought into.

However, I don’t think Daniel is a PR guy because of how well marketed he is, it’s more just to me he’s always seemed like someone with multiple faces and caveats that they can whip out when needed. Many people filter themselves to the public, undoubtedly but I think his relationship is an obvious example of him pushing a narrative to suit his fans, the Michael thing makes me a bit 😬 as well. Also the way he was very pro BLM, which was great and I really respected him for it, but then turns round and says in Saudi that he doesn’t read the news and sees it as negativity. That made me question how genuine his support was, which is a shame. And yeah like @hello2723 said, it’s not always a bad thing, just makes me side eye him a bit sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Im just putting it out there - I discovered this thread during Mexico GP and now I am highly addicted to the slaggy nature of the drivers.
Very glad Im not the only one who dislikes Carmen. I'm a huge GR63 fan so I always thought it was this but I met George once in London and the dirty look I got off of her. I am not the sort of person to stop people and I appologised to him and told him I couldn't not especially after getting 63 tattooed on my foot after his F2 win ( I was drunk in Malaga at the time of getting it) He was still at Williams and was so lovely and had all the time in the world foe me and she has annoyed me every day since.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Last race of a triple header and ay yay yay how much has happened since

The Slag Shack is in effect for the 3rd (or maybe 4th) year running with Carlando golfing and protecting love with eyes closed
We have reports of Lance being just as miserable around fans as he looks in real life
Daniel tossing fan swiftie bracelets in some kind of inner rage at the failure of his own attempt to capitalize off of them for enchante.
Carmen decided to pretend to be an elitist academic with her new passion for economics (fear of being poor) book knowledge and ended up promoting a dangerous homophobic 'psychiatrist' from spain
we have lu hamster and pietra all in the same hood as the slag house, and magui being extra with her follows
Lewis got invited to the Anitta halloween party which was like a Heidi Klum 2009 version. we have yet to see the photos, but slaggin with ndas was expected
Lily H destroyed a pair of vintage prada loafers and it was tragic, but is around for this portion of the season, and apparently she's a decent person in real life.
Lily Z missing in action and someone thinks thats cause for concern, but she probably is actually in class
as opposed to Alex who is out and about being new BFFs with Rebecca and Kika and apparently not in school as some had assumed
Kika, Rebecca, and Carmen all sittin this one out for once.
Happy new thread!!
Thank you for creating a new thread and the summary!

Brazil GP let's go!

Reactions: 4

Edit: Even this weekend you've seen on the F1 instagram "A day with Oscar Piastri" which correct me if I'm wrong, has not happened with any other driver, at least this year. Not taking a dig at Oscar here, it's genuinely just an observation about what I think is McLaren's very obvious PR plan

View attachment 2548535
For me it's not about how much PR they do or are forced to do, it's the fact that DR knows how to play the public persona and the lovable joker card, but fan experiences suggest that is just a character he plays and he's not half as nice once the cameras are gone.

Reactions: 11
Don't forget Hamster will be in Lando's garage today. 🤣🤣🤣 Will he bring Pietra there too? 😆
I'm rooting for pietras mom on Sunday front and center
---
I have to be honest, McLaren since Zak took over has been an entirely different team to the one under Ron Dennis. And a lot of that is a hugely positive thing, Ron was … not exactly my favourite person in f1, even if deep down I’m always thankful that he took a chance on Lewis when he did. But it’s obvious there’s been a concerted effort to rebrand as a team, appeal to the younger viewers and become generally more likeable. And having a British driver like Lando again has obviously helped that, but I do feel like a lot of it is forced. The whole “McLaren is such a family” thing kind of makes me cringe and the Daniel instance should have showed everybody that they are still very much a business and PR has a huge part to play in the narrative that so many bought into.

However, I don’t think Daniel is a PR guy because of how well marketed he is, it’s more just to me he’s always seemed like someone with multiple faces and caveats that they can whip out when needed. Many people filter themselves to the public, undoubtedly but I think his relationship is an obvious example of him pushing a narrative to suit his fans, the Michael thing makes me a bit 😬 as well. Also the way he was very pro BLM, which was great and I really respected him for it, but then turns round and says in Saudi that he doesn’t read the news and sees it as negativity. That made me question how genuine his support was, which is a shame. And yeah like @hello2723 said, it’s not always a bad thing, just makes me side eye him a bit sometimes
I'd say mclaren the racing team tries to be the working class British team...
---
Let's go wet quali!
---
Hamster letting g everyone know he's moved up to boyfriend of a billionaire
On his eventual Sao Paulo GP debut.
Still not allowed at the slag house for obvious reasons...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Both Fernando and Lewis getting rear left punctures after just one lap?! This better not be a Silverstone 2020/Baku 2021 situation again

Reactions: 5

View attachment 2548535
IMO though there’s a difference in job PR and grid politics PR and Daniel does more of the latter than I like.

‘I am not leaving McLaren’ when he was already aware he’d been sacked, that was purely to try and unleash his fans on McLaren. When he moved to Renault we saw him talking about how he couldn’t be himself at Red Bull and how it was for his mental well-being that he moved, now he’s up their arse because he needed a job and oh it’s a family :rolleyes: ‘I won’t go into any seat it has to be a competitive seat’ before going into an Alpha Tauri. CAA have been leaking things to media since he signed with them to manipulate the public narrative. That’s why I don’t believe a thing he says.

Other drivers do similar things (Mick did it via Uncle Ralf, we see Carlos and Alonso chatting with spanish media) but Daniel’s is the most egregious IMO.

Reactions: 12
Seriously what the hell was this "I know something but I'm not going to tell you" kindergarten behavior even about?
Did he need to be talked about or something?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
IMO though there’s a difference in job PR and grid politics PR and Daniel does more of the latter than I like.

‘I am not leaving McLaren’ when he was already aware he’d been sacked, that was purely to try and unleash his fans on McLaren. When he moved to Renault we saw him talking about how he couldn’t be himself at Red Bull and how it was for his mental well-being that he moved, now he’s up their arse because he needed a job and oh it’s a family :rolleyes: ‘I won’t go into any seat it has to be a competitive seat’ before going into an Alpha Tauri. CAA have been leaking things to media since he signed with them to manipulate the public narrative. That’s why I don’t believe a thing he says.

Other drivers do similar things (Mick did it via Uncle Ralf, we see Carlos and Alonso chatting with spanish media) but Daniel’s is the most egregious IMO.
These are good points. He’s very good at playing the victim, and certain fans of his absolutely lap it up. Some of the things aimed towards McLaren workers from his fans were really horrible and completely unnecessary, and I don’t think he did a whole lot to quash that situation and make it better tbh, when at the end of the day he was just bad at his job. It happens and in normal life being sacked is what you’d deserve, this shouldn’t have been any different. It was never personal.

And yeah I feel the same about the RB thing. He acted like it was a super toxic environment but the minute he needed them again he’s gone on about it being his home etc etc. Just screams fake and a user to me. And yeah you have to be a bit like that to succeed in this life but he takes it too far. And it just makes me think Horner was right (can’t believe I’m saying that) when he said Daniel leaving was more about him running from a fight than anything else

Reactions: 11
Seriously what the hell was this "I know something but I'm not going to tell you" kindergarten behavior even about?
Did he need to be talked about or something?
LMAO, did Alonso give him a good spanking for causing all that AM theory chaos??? 😭 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.