Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pole er bear

VIP Member
Hopefully an interesting new discussion topic :p
With all the smart moves and horrible PR mistakes we have seen wags make over the years... what would you do if you were a wag all of a sudden? 👀
What would your strategy be? What things would you copy? What would you definitely not do?
😄
would never want to be in the spotlight
so i wouldnt have the relationship in the first place
if i had a chance, id delete everything, make my exes and besties sign ndas and get a shit ton of clothes to try on

but i think some dont get the chance so they either do it or dont do it
dont think you can get away with only half-way wagging

Reactions: 10

kiiwiih

VIP Member
These are good points. He’s very good at playing the victim, and certain fans of his absolutely lap it up. Some of the things aimed towards McLaren workers from his fans were really horrible and completely unnecessary, and I don’t think he did a whole lot to quash that situation and make it better tbh, when at the end of the day he was just bad at his job. It happens and in normal life being sacked is what you’d deserve, this shouldn’t have been any different. It was never personal.

And yeah I feel the same about the RB thing. He acted like it was a super toxic environment but the minute he needed them again he’s gone on about it being his home etc etc. Just screams fake and a user to me. And yeah you have to be a bit like that to succeed in this life but he takes it too far. And it just makes me think Horner was right (can’t believe I’m saying that) when he said Daniel leaving was more about him running from a fight than anything else
It wasn't even just towards McLaren workers (although a lot of them did go on their social media and ask people to stop sending them death threats). His fans attacked Mind, a mental health organisation McLaren and Lando have worked closely with. They sent death threats to volunteers who were working their social media accounts. And Daniel and his team did everything they could to make sure his fans went absolutely berserk online. They all knew, and they said nothing. That's vile, and the number one reason I will never look at Daniel the same again.

• Wow

pastafasta

VIP Member
They'll never get bored. Rich, good looking F1 driver where any interaction - or even hint of one - massively increases their engagement and opportunity for brand deals? They love it!
On one hand I understand why they do it, but on the other, it's pretty sad that these girls (and Hamster) think they are only worth it when linked to someone famous. And often it's really cringe how desperately they do it. This is really not the girl power at all. 🤷‍♀️

90sgirl

VIP Member
I hadn't realized it until you pointed it out, but you're completely right about the timing. Charles signing with that agency and going on a PR campaign is a jackpot for Alex.

And I think this is already starting to happen. It's very interesting that the most popular Instagram style account for Alex has almost double the followers compared to Kelly. Even though the Kelly style page has has 4x more posts and is almost 2 years older. Alex's photos on Kym's account and other pages usually get way more likes and engagement compared to even Kelly.

But I wish it wasn't Alex to be honest. There's just something about her I don't vibe with–even though I think she's so beautiful and enjoy seeing her outfits. My spicy take is that I'd rather Kelly, Charlotte or even Rebecca get this attention. At least they're up front about wanting to be influencers and enjoying the spotlight

Meanwhile Alex is playing along with Charles' PR games, doing sneaky partnerships with brands like Meshki, all while giving prissy, I'm above all of this vibes (at least to me). Alex gets so much hate and I do think a lot of it is honestly just targeted only at her because she's dating Charles... and I don't want to be another hater but there's something about her that irks me 😭

I feel like Kelly would stop giving AF about all of this if Max marries her. She'd win the WAG wars if / when they actually get married. IMO that's the ultimate WAG status symbol-if an F1 driver wants to commit to you in such a big way (particularly from a financial perspective), especially ones at the peak of their career or fame like Max or Charles respectively.
You’ve perfectly summed up how I feel about Alex. There’s just something I can’t quite put my finger with her 🤔

• Heart

hello2723

VIP Member
I do find it interesting how often Daniel gets called a PR merchant here. I'd urge you to read this from the press conference transcript at COTA and then also consider how desperate McLaren are to push their drivers into the limelight. Constant interviews after qualifying, on the way to the race, after the race, all with Sky Sports F1 and F1TV. Seems to me, especially with Lando, they're desperate to make him the new "British" driver once Lewis leaves considering it'll be a 3-way fight between Lando, George and Alex for that accolade. I can try and find the article again, but some Sports magazine did an article of the most influential sportsmen and women for marketing recently and Daniel wasn't even within the top 50. It had Max, Lewis, and Charles (and I think Lando as well). I think they all benefit from PR and improved limelight, I just think that title is lauded over Daniel too much and then people just stick with it personally as an insult.

View attachment 2548535
I dont think Daniel is called a PR merchant due to the number of interviews he gives, nor how influential he is. It is more so how he acts in front of the media. Although some people do use it as one, I don't necessarily think it's always an insult. It often just means he knows how to think quickly mid-interview to give the answers that fans/sponsors/media etc.. want to hear.

George often gets the same label due to his almost robotic, PR perfect answers in interviews. I think Daniel gets it more so beacuse he quite clearly plays into the all smiles joker persona the media have put him in.

Overall he just acts very differently to the 'non-PR' drivers such as Max or Lando who just speak what they think without actually caring what the response will be.

matto

VIP Member
View attachment 2569684

Why must she insult my favourite tall French slag like this? 'Even Esteban' !?!
What's wrong with Esteban? Whats with the even ?
I come in peace!

My offerings:

1699913591551.png

1699913633130.png

1699913650941.png

(fr though, the max, charles and pierre trio are serial daters, esteban has gone public with like two girlfriends so far- he seems like a bit of a random option to be taking exes from lol)

• Haha
  • Heart

pastafasta

VIP Member
Okay at the risk of sounding crazy I’m just gonna post my thoughts here. With Charles’ last insta post I think you can see Alexa’s hair in one of the pictures I think (please tell me if you think otherwise). But I’m so confused as to why they would make staged pap pics together but he then manages to crop her out of all of his pictures on insta. Does he not want to make commitments (as far as we can call an insta post that..) but he does enjoy keeping up the appearance of being in a relationship?

View attachment 2565419
I find it interesting as he wasn't exactly shy posting Cha. 🤷‍♀️ And it's not like Alexandra is really private if she is willing to participate in pap sessions.
but he does enjoy keeping up the appearance of being in a relationship?
I don't know why but there are more drivers who looks like have some problem with appearing single. 🤨 Like it's something wrong with being single.

Reactions: 9

pastafasta

VIP Member
I really feel sorry for Lando as he totally is able to win... but only if Max didn't exist :confused: This must be really frustrating.

• Sad

fryolyfe

VIP Member
Always ;)

It's a shame, I still know people that can't see it. Another sad thing I've noticed, people are quick to judge the management of red bull. Nobody's said anything about the way Toto talks about the car this year. Yes, it's bad. But he says it's shit every chance he gets, how do the people that developed it feel? Look forward, shut up and fix ur fucking car :p but of course, Horner is the bad guy
Can only speak for myself but the reasons RB management are criticised are a bit more legitimate and far deeper than Toto saying the car is rubbish- especially given the guy responsible for said car was actually promoted. Marko is a disgusting racist and Horner is a walking hypocrite. He cried Wolf (no pun intended) for years and begged the FIA to change the rules when Merc dominated but now that the roles are reversed he says that everyone else is insulting them by not appreciating what they’ve done? Come on now. You can’t rewrite history unfortunately and the whole RB unit seem to have very selective memories when it comes to what they said in those years. At least Toto blames himself and his team rather than trying to paint themselves as the victims. Also Horner trying to get round the vile racism Lewis was subjected to after Silverstone by saying Max got hate too was the lowest of the low and I doubt anyone other than a Red Bull team member would have stooped to that level. That showed everything about who he is and what he stands for, in my view - and him and everyone else who stands behind Helmut is proving it even further

Last edited:

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
Lol, saw this and then 10 seconds later like 50 photos of them at the Lakers game 🤣

I don't like American Charles
I used to always defend him hard, I have some family members who think he is vastly overrated, but I'm tired of him tbh
I change my mind fast though so maybe he'll earn me back as a fan someday, but today is not that day
Increasingly I'm thinking the overexposure of Charles & Charlotte wasn't actually down to Charlotte in the main. Yes she definitely took advantage of the attention for her own ends but I really don't think a lot of it was initiated by her. Charles has always loved the attention and self-promotion and I'm increasingly sure that he/his team were the ones responsible for calling the paps (I also think Charlotte wasn't nearly savvy enough to do it anyway, she's the most inept influencer going). Now he just has it more formalised and professional through his Hollywood agency.