Formula 1 Wags #189 ATTENZIONE Monza Rawe Ceek ATTENZIONE Gran Premio d'Italia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone explain the ‘she drink she smoke’ thing? Who’s this referring to? 👀 I joined this tattle page way too late and have a lot of learning to do
There was that girl who used to hate every girl Lando was associated to. She liked Emilia for some reason tho

We call her cinnamon (something about nickname being similar to that word?) or she drink she smoke because she was always saying how that Iona girl is horrible for Lando because "she drink she smoke" 😆

She even came here once 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
HFHFJAKDJVUSJWHDHWJWJFJ IMMA CHOKE

Screenshot_20230828_200257_Instagram.jpg

We all been there
Reading Harry Potter or something without pretending its some empowering bullshit*
Even though Harry Potter is <3

• Haha
Reactions: 11
and this was without the new lower drag rear wing, looking a lot better than McLaren thought for Monza 👀

---
Lando is on voice call on Hamster stream just now, need that viewers boost 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wait what i missed that lol. What did she have to say
I don't know if it's allowed to post it

The funniest thing was that people were acusing me of being her (because I wasn't in love with Luisa) and she registers as monaco 😂😂😂😂😂

Good old tattle times ❤
@Nadjaliz if you are reading, come say hi 😻

• Haha
Reactions: 8
HFHFJAKDJVUSJWHDHWJWJFJ IMMA CHOKE

View attachment 2410688

We all been there
Reading Harry Potter or something without pretending its some empowering bullshit*
Even though Harry Potter is <3
It's giving the "take the picture of me pretending I'm reading with smart made-shift light source so I wouldn't use a proper lamp to disturb you while you sleep" vibes. Cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
and this was without the new lower drag rear wing, looking a lot better than McLaren thought for Monza 👀
Wouldn't get too excited - those top speeds include massive tows, Piastri's especially. Both spent a lot of time stuck behind cars that were towing them through the speed traps. Drag was still an issue for them. The new rear wing should be a big help though. The data they got from it when it was on Oscar's car in FP1 was very encouraging apparently.

Reactions: 2
Seems Lando was in uncle mode today, was just talking about the oh so traumatic experience of changing a nappy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6

not Charles with the kiss face emoji to congratulate his boyfriend 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Hopefully they give Daniel his seat back when he is fit to drive again.
So he can show how good he is.
I’m worried.
He belongs in the Red Bull again together with Max.
MAXIEL forever together with Blake.❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Reactions: 3
Hopefully they give Daniel his seat back when he is fit to drive again.
So he can show how good he is.
I’m worried.
He belongs in the Red Bull again together with Max.
MAXIEL forever together with Blake.❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
I miss maxiel 🤣 that being said I’m just rewatching drive to survive s1 and living for the dramatics between them 😅

I feel like this could really have a long lasting knock on effect for Danny Ric and that makes me feel quite sad for him. I hope he has decent support.

Reactions: 1
This is a little disingenuous, especially in regards to McLaren. Stella came in in December when Seidl resigned and instantly made some very sweeping changes including switching up the way things worked within engineering departments back at the MTC, the aero department in particular where we now know the heads of the department had been stifled and sidelined by Key. We are staring to see the effect of those changes with the b-spec car (the last thing Key had a hand in was the Baku upgrade to the old car). There's a very interesting in-depth interview out with Zak this week where he opens up as to what was actually going on at McLaren around the time of Seidl departing and Stella coming in and what had been happening at the MTC that led to Key's sidelining and eventual sacking. It explains a lot, not only in regards to why the 2022 car was so flipping mediocre but also gives a large clue as to why they didn't fight harder to keep Andreas Seidl when he wanted to leave. It's worth a read actually - a good illustration of how much a team can shoot themselves in the foot internally by having just one person in the wrong position.

Vowles hasn't been at Williams long enough to make a difference performance-wise at Williams but what he has brought a visible difference to is the culture and spirit within the team and that shouldn't be underestimated. From a people management point of view, at least, he is proving to be exactly what they needed (kind of reminds me of Seidl in that regard when he first took over at McLaren and turned the team culture and spirit around in 2019).

I think the biggest problem at Merc is what I'd call the hangover of success. When a team has been at the top for as long as they have, a certain amount of complacency and to some extent entitlement kicks in. A similar thing happened to McLaren back in the early 2010s and also to Ferrari post-Schumacher. They got used to winning, they expected to win, and to a large extent they felt entitled to win so the road to acceptance of failure and turning that around becomes much tougher because accepting they were wrong is harder to swallow. We saw that very clearly with Merc last year and to an extent the start of this year as well. The two teams who have affected huge turnarounds recently (AM and McLaren) did so because they held their hands up, admitted they had screwed up and chose to take the pain (and accompanying ridicule) of falling down the order for the months needed for them to start over. The willingness to do also came about from new blood being appointed in the team - Szafenauer out and Krack in at AM and Stella taking the helm at McLaren. Not saying at all that Toto needs to go but a shake up at the heads of departments may not be a bad thing. They may not be coming from as far back as AM or McLaren were but they still need to be willing to make some sweeping changes to properly progress imo.

I also think Merc also got used to just being able to chuck as much money as they liked at a problem to sort it out and they're struggling somewhat now they're not able to. It's no coincidence that the two teams struggling the most to turn things around under a cost cap are the two who were used to throwing endless amounts of cash at everything - Mercedes and Ferrari. Yes Red Bull have a lot of money as well but they did always operate under a budget that was significantly lower than Mercedes or Ferrari. I think it's been a big culture shock at Mercedes, not just to Toto but throughout the team, and it's taken them a while to get their heads around it. I'm still not sure they have - sometimes Toto says things that make me feel hopeful and other times I'm not so sure.
I’m really interested in this interview. Written press or podcast? Do you remember where to find it?

I’m really interested in this interview. Written press or podcast? Do you remember where to find it?
I don't have a link to hand but I think it was an exclusive ESPN interview. You should be able to find the link on reddit if google doesn't work. Try the McLaren subreddit, I think it was posted on there.

ETA: If you haven't kept up with it, it will help to read up on what Stella and Brown have been saying in recent interviews with regards to the upgrades and changes as well as it adds a context to what Brown said.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.