Formula 1 Wags #189 ATTENZIONE Monza Rawe Ceek ATTENZIONE Gran Premio d'Italia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ah, ok, so she is mostly an influencer?

what is the point of not following Lando but following his dad? :ROFLMAO:
Yes, she's an influencer from Germany. She didn't follow Lando maybe because she avoids speculation that she's dating him.

Reactions: 1
This man. 💀 💀

1693238415321.png

1693237996913.png

1693237973277.png

Pierre has the same moves for everyone 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
This is a little disingenuous, especially in regards to McLaren. Stella came in in December when Seidl resigned and instantly made some very sweeping changes including switching up the way things worked within engineering departments back at the MTC, the aero department in particular where we now know the heads of the department had been stifled and sidelined by Key. We are staring to see the effect of those changes with the b-spec car (the last thing Key had a hand in was the Baku upgrade to the old car). There's a very interesting in-depth interview out with Zak this week where he opens up as to what was actually going on at McLaren around the time of Seidl departing and Stella coming in and what had been happening at the MTC that led to Key's sidelining and eventual sacking. It explains a lot, not only in regards to why the 2022 car was so flipping mediocre but also gives a large clue as to why they didn't fight harder to keep Andreas Seidl when he wanted to leave. It's worth a read actually - a good illustration of how much a team can shoot themselves in the foot internally by having just one person in the wrong position.

Vowles hasn't been at Williams long enough to make a difference performance-wise at Williams but what he has brought a visible difference to is the culture and spirit within the team and that shouldn't be underestimated. From a people management point of view, at least, he is proving to be exactly what they needed (kind of reminds me of Seidl in that regard when he first took over at McLaren and turned the team culture and spirit around in 2019).

I think the biggest problem at Merc is what I'd call the hangover of success. When a team has been at the top for as long as they have, a certain amount of complacency and to some extent entitlement kicks in. A similar thing happened to McLaren back in the early 2010s and also to Ferrari post-Schumacher. They got used to winning, they expected to win, and to a large extent they felt entitled to win so the road to acceptance of failure and turning that around becomes much tougher because accepting they were wrong is harder to swallow. We saw that very clearly with Merc last year and to an extent the start of this year as well. The two teams who have affected huge turnarounds recently (AM and McLaren) did so because they held their hands up, admitted they had screwed up and chose to take the pain (and accompanying ridicule) of falling down the order for the months needed for them to start over. The willingness to do also came about from new blood being appointed in the team - Szafenauer out and Krack in at AM and Stella taking the helm at McLaren. Not saying at all that Toto needs to go but a shake up at the heads of departments may not be a bad thing. They may not be coming from as far back as AM or McLaren were but they still need to be willing to make some sweeping changes to properly progress imo.

I also think Merc also got used to just being able to chuck as much money as they liked at a problem to sort it out and they're struggling somewhat now they're not able to. It's no coincidence that the two teams struggling the most to turn things around under a cost cap are the two who were used to throwing endless amounts of cash at everything - Mercedes and Ferrari. Yes Red Bull have a lot of money as well but they did always operate under a budget that was significantly lower than Mercedes or Ferrari. I think it's been a big culture shock at Mercedes, not just to Toto but throughout the team, and it's taken them a while to get their heads around it. I'm still not sure they have - sometimes Toto says things that make me feel hopeful and other times I'm not so sure.
Just my opinion but I think this comment, especially Mercedes part, little bit lacks context. Mclaren in early 2000s never had dominating years as Mercedes did and the moment they had in 2008, not only they created one of the probably most memorably toxic work environements, they also commited one of the biggest scandals of f1. Definitely deserved but not being allowed to bring developments to 2009 car, being stripped of constructors money and most importantly being fined 100 million dollars (around 150 million dollars with current inflation apparently) would throw even Redbull from their domination now and it is definitely not something easy to recover from in the upcoming years. In that sense, i don't think Mclaren and Mercedes have any similarity.
Ferrari post-schumacher era is more similar but again I think Ferrari is unique in the sense of populist nationalism mixed with internal struggle for power. I mean back then this whole Santander situation led Kimi to literally quit F1, and this man is still their last champion lol.

At the end, everything comes back to 2021. None of these teams were cheated out of historic record and expected to just deal with it. I believe their "revenge arc" kind of led them to more extreme concepts of which they couldn't still grasp even after a whole season. I think in AM and Mclaren cases, new blood (like pouching the head of aerodynamics of rbr) has more effect than just admitting they got it wrong bc Mercedes also admitted their concept was nothing like they envisioned on theory multiple times but with the budget cap, you don't have any other option than just trying to improve what you have it on your hand. Though, i don't wanna sound as if i am diminishing what AM and Mclaren had achieved bc outdeveloping your engine supplier is nothing but remarkable and embarrassing on Mercedes side.

My point is not Mercedes didn't make any mistakes, they did plenty of them but while points like Mercedes being used to spend money (but somehow rbr is still the only team exceeded the budget cap), being used to winning and got lazy etc are always listed, them being cheated on 2021, its affects on team dynamics as well as Mercedes' political power is rarely mentioned which is imo the reason why Mercedes is like this rn.

Reactions: 1
Hamster complaining on stream about Tifosi replying to his tweet saying they were "personally attacking" him 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just my opinion but I think this comment, especially Mercedes part, little bit lacks context. Mclaren in early 2000s never had dominating years as Mercedes did and the moment they had in 2008, not only they created one of the probably most memorably toxic work environements, they also commited one of the biggest scandals of f1. Definitely deserved but not being allowed to bring developments to 2009 car, being stripped of constructors money and most importantly being fined 100 million dollars (around 150 million dollars with current inflation apparently) would throw even Redbull from their domination now and it is definitely not something easy to recover from in the upcoming years. In that sense, i don't think Mclaren and Mercedes have any similarity.
Ferrari post-schumacher era is more similar but again I think Ferrari is unique in the sense of populist nationalism mixed with internal struggle for power. I mean back then this whole Santander situation led Kimi to literally quit F1, and this man is still their last champion lol.

At the end, everything comes back to 2021. None of these teams were cheated out of historic record and expected to just deal with it. I believe their "revenge arc" kind of led them to more extreme concepts of which they couldn't still grasp even after a whole season. I think in AM and Mclaren cases, new blood (like pouching the head of aerodynamics of rbr) has more effect than just admitting they got it wrong bc Mercedes also admitted their concept was nothing like they envisioned on theory multiple times but with the budget cap, you don't have any other option than just trying to improve what you have it on your hand. Though, i don't wanna sound as if i am diminishing what AM and Mclaren had achieved bc outdeveloping your engine supplier is nothing but remarkable and embarrassing on Mercedes side.

My point is not Mercedes didn't make any mistakes, they did plenty of them but while points like Mercedes being used to spend money (but somehow rbr is still the only team exceeded the budget cap), being used to winning and got lazy etc are always listed, them being cheated on 2021, its affects on team dynamics as well as Mercedes' political power is rarely mentioned which is imo the reason why Mercedes is like this rn.
Yeah I agree. McLaren haven’t been a force in the sport in the way Merc have for a long time, they were lucky to win 2008 because their car was by no means the best. Engineers have a lot of pride and admitting when you’re wrong isn’t an easy thing to do, especially when all the data you have is telling you that you’re right. Aston just splashed the cash around and naturally people were drawn to them, there’s nothing wrong with that and fair play to them but that’s evidently what’s made the difference there

You know how you used to be "not cool" when you were a 1D or Justin Bieber fan cause the fangirls were all nuts?
Its starting to feel that way for Lando a bit 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hamster complaining on stream about Tifosi replying to his tweet saying they were "personally attacking" him 🤣
I normally wouldn't defend this man very quickly, but in his defense, every single person in the world that watched the race was making fun of Ferrari's pitstops 😅 and people should be able to. It was fricking hilariously typical
(Context: I don't know what his tweet was but I'm assuming it was just a ferrari meme)

Reactions: 2
I normally wouldn't defend this man very quickly, but in his defense, every single person in the world that watched the race was making fun of Ferrari's pitstops 😅 and people should be able to. It was fricking hilariously typical
(Context: I don't know what his tweet was but I'm assuming it was just a ferrari meme)
Oh 100% he can make jokes, that team is just getting worse and worse when it comes to descision making 🤣
But if anything I'd say they took to attacking Lando and McLaren under his tweet, not hamster himself 😅

AT have confirmed Liam will be driving in Monza (and until Daniel's better)

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 17.50.54.png

(Fanpages for Liam's delightful girlfriend incoming in 3, 2, 1... :sick:. At least Kelly will no longer be the only facist-lover in the room).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
You know how you used to be "not cool" when you were a 1D or Justin Bieber fan cause the fangirls were all nuts?
Its starting to feel that way for Lando a bit 🥲
His fan girls remind me of the girls who stood behind the hotel filled with rattle snakes or hacked airport CCTV for 1D :LOL:

• Haha
His fan girls remind me of the girls who stood behind the hotel filled with rattle snakes or hacked airport CCTV for 1D :LOL:
Lando and Charles have the most embarrassing fangirls by far (perhaps Mick as well).
Although didn't Pierre's fangirls try and get Kika's socials shut down? Maybe they're on the list too.

Reactions: 5
Can anyone explain the ‘she drink she smoke’ thing? Who’s this referring to? 👀 I joined this tattle page way too late and have a lot of learning to do

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can anyone explain the ‘she drink she smoke’ thing? Who’s this referring to? 👀 I joined this tattle page way too late and have a lot of learning to do
It was posted by someone who made numerous accounts dedicated to hating on Luisa, nicknamed Cinnamon here 😅

who actually thought this looked good?? 😭

View attachment 2410542

View attachment 2410539
I bet Rebecca did not think of modelling for McDonald's campaign, did she*?

Insert:
*running away gif that Monza always posts*
*that picture of a girl looking at a burning house*
*Trump's mugshot*

I am so sorry Carlitos, it is only because I had such high hopes for you! 😘 (and still kind of have, redemption is possible!)

*btw surprising she did not appear yet, it's so silent on their front it is even suspicious. On the other hand, it's only Monday. It would be too good to be true.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.