Formula 1 Wags #168 Wagless ans Wanky Danky in Jeddah

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ITS COLD IN SWITZERLAND
---

i mean i'll be honest
i dont think he's overrated at all
i think he's been underrated.
i'm not a huge george fan, but after i talked to a guy who worked at williams when he was there convinced me of this.
and it doesnt mean lewis is bad... theyve both just been driving in totally different contexts.

Really the only issue with lewis is he got used to winning and george is still hungry. Lewis is still hungry as well but he just has to adjust to that mindset from his earlier days, Its incredibly difficult to remember that feeling. I know he will find it though because it was there and is still there. Lewis is a lot like me. I witch whine and complain about stuff early on, and then eventually I shut up and get it done and its fine. He will be okay, but he just has to get over it this season find that hunger that makes him who he is
He’s been hyped in the U.K. for AGES. More so than Lando even. I think my issue comes from the fact (and this is rumours of course) that Merc seem to have taken George’s feedback, and not the 8 time WDC winner. The rumblings from people in the know are that Lewis was never convinced by the W13, even after Brazil. He thought yep, it’s a decent car, but good enough to be on par with what RB will bring? No. Whereas George, probably because he was the one that got the win, was bullish in his support of the concept (which suits his driving style, and not Lewis’) and look what’s happened. It’s a terrible car. Now you can’t pin the blame solely on George but I don’t think his feedback should have held the same weight as Lewis’. George, with all due respect, has only ever had 1 race in a championship winning car. I think the engineers have overestimated how much he understands what’s needed. Just my opinion and a few things I’ve seen/heard, but yeah. Because they have no rear downforce they also have no rear grip. As soon as they start to add downforce, which should come with a concept change it’ll naturally shift towards Lewis and then George will have to be the one adapting

Reactions: 2
He’s been hyped in the U.K. for AGES. More so than Lando even. I think my issue comes from the fact (and this is rumours of course) that Merc seem to have taken George’s feedback, and not the 8 time WDC winner. The rumblings from people in the know are that Lewis was never convinced by the W13, even after Brazil. He thought yep, it’s a decent car, but good enough to be on par with what RB will bring? No. Whereas George, probably because he was the one that got the win, was bullish in his support of the concept (which suits his driving style, and not Lewis’) and look what’s happened. It’s a terrible car. Now you can’t pin the blame solely on George but I don’t think his feedback should have held the same weight as Lewis’. George, with all due respect, has only ever had 1 race in a championship winning car. I think the engineers have overestimated how much he understands what’s needed. Just my opinion and a few things I’ve seen/heard, but yeah. Because they have no rear downforce they also have no rear grip. As soon as they start to add downforce, which should come with a concept change it’ll naturally shift towards Lewis and then George will have to be the one adapting
Good point. Especially on the uk hype with George. I'm obviously not there but most uk fans do this he's like the chosen one or something. Never heard that with any other s

Good point. Especially on the uk hype with George. I'm obviously not there but most uk fans do this he's like the chosen one or something. Never heard that with any other s
For a lot of people in the U.K. it’s anyone but Lewis, in all fairness. He’s the most disrespected British athlete by a mile. Disgraceful really but what can you do 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 3
For a lot of people in the U.K. it’s anyone but Lewis, in all fairness. He’s the most disrespected British athlete by a mile. Disgraceful really but what can you do 🤷🏻‍♀️
I'll be honest, I disliked Lewis for a really long time. Mainly because I was always a JB fan, but Max is my absolute grid villain now, and I've started to soften on Lewis.

• Haha
I'll be honest, I disliked Lewis for a really long time. Mainly because I was always a JB fan, but Max is my absolute grid villain now, and I've started to soften on Lewis.
I feel like it’s fine to not be his biggest fan or support someone else but a lot of people hate him for absolutely no reason. Even people that don’t follow the sport in any way comment all over articles about him spewing pure hate. Ironically the time I’d say when he was most supported and everyone kind of had his back was after Abu Dhabi, because absolutely no one likes blatant robbery and cheating. I hoped it would stay that way but no as soon as 2022 started the hate went right back to normal

I feel like it’s fine to not be his biggest fan or support someone else but a lot of people hate him for absolutely no reason. Even people that don’t follow the sport in any way comment all over articles about him spewing pure hate. Ironically the time I’d say when he was most supported and everyone kind of had his back was after Abu Dhabi, because absolutely no one likes blatant robbery and cheating. I hoped it would stay that way but no as soon as 2022 started the hate went right back to normal
THIS!
so important to note the difference
---
Why do i feel like Carlos has just become more socially awkward since becoming a Ferrari sex symbol.

• Haha
Why do i feel like Carlos has just become more socially awkward since becoming a Ferrari sex symbol.
tbh he definitely does look rude and uninterested in a lot of fan photos 😆 (i’m not saying he actually is at all but it just looks that way). whenever i see a fanpic of him with a genuine smile i get surprised 😅

• Haha
tbh he definitely does look rude and uninterested in a lot of fan photos 😆 (i’m not saying he actually is at all but it just looks that way). whenever i see a fanpic of him with a genuine smile i get surprised 😅
also he looks terrified of children

• Haha
Everytime I read how someone claims a driver was rude actually makes me wonder if it wasn't because that particular fan wasn't too demanding and wouldn't take "no" for an answer. As lately there are way too fans in the paddock who think drivers are there for them only.
yeah this is true as well. like that one weird girl who tried to kiss charles 🥴🥴 so disrespectful

• Sad
Do we know....

a) why she appears to have a scarf earring?
b) is that Portugal?
c) is that a hand reflection in the glasses?

Screenshot_20230322-165659_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.