Formula 1 Wags #144 The King has Risen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel really mean saying this but the only vibe George Russell gives me is that of the mean guy/villain Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town back in the day.

I think George will take advantage of opportunities presented to him and that he will always put himself first. Lando stays with McLaren because they have a two-sided loyalty thing going on. I think George is only loyal to himself. As long as it serves him, he will stick around, but if Lewis whips himself back into shape and becomes a bigger competitive threat to George, I can imagine George looking around for another seat.
I get George isn’t as instantly likeable as other drivers but don’t get how he is seen as the only one putting himself first on the grid? F1 is cut throat and all teams and drivers are out for themselves. If the opportunity to drive for a better perceived team came up every driver would try to take it if they felt it was a better option for them personally. Look at DR he put himself first twice. Racing point getting rid of checco the better driver to keep their finances with Stroll. Just some examples. It’s just the way F1 is.

Reactions: 6
oh interesting... she is followed by the Brazilian we saw him do this with earlier.....hmmm
View attachment 1575189

BRAZIL BABY!!
Collecting babes ahead of Carlandopalooza
(also i really did just book a flight to Colombia/Brazil for Dec/Jan vacation... looking forward to the drama)
View attachment 1575198

or.... or.....
is this lando girlfriend interview 2.0?

Possibly may have noticed on an old Instagram that she (if it's the same girl) also lives in Switzerland.......did someone say Geneva?

Reactions: 2
I feel really mean saying this but the only vibe George Russell gives me is that of the mean guy/villain Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town back in the day.

I think George will take advantage of opportunities presented to him and that he will always put himself first. Lando stays with McLaren because they have a two-sided loyalty thing going on. I think George is only loyal to himself. As long as it serves him, he will stick around, but if Lewis whips himself back into shape and becomes a bigger competitive threat to George, I can imagine George looking around for another seat.
I think it is a bit unfair to only talk about George here, you can apply the "only loyal to themself" card on absolutely every driver on the grid. The one that romains loyal to their team for a long time (Max, Lewis,Charles for now) do this mostly because there are on top teams and there are no better cars on the grid. But i think that if Ferrari continue to do stupid things, Charles will look elsewhere, even if they support him since the beginning. Same goes for Lando, if McLaren doesn't improve he will take every chance at a better seat he would find.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I get George isn’t as instantly likeable as other drivers but don’t get how he is seen as the only one putting himself first on the grid? F1 is cut throat and all teams and drivers are out for themselves. If the opportunity to drive for a better perceived team came up every driver would try to take it if they felt it was a better option for them personally. Look at DR he put himself first twice. Racing point getting rid of checco the better driver to keep their finances with Stroll. Just some examples. It’s just the way F1 is.
I think you're making a very interesting point here. Maybe it's because George doesn't come across as likeable as some other people on the grid? Like Sharl for example, who is actively working on his social media profile with content and such? I am not sure and it might differ per country.
Didn't some media outlets brand George to be selfish for his actions during Dutch GP? (Despite the fact that he simply had the better strategy and wasn't selfish at all)

Reactions: 2
Yes I feel the same. Do not see Lando leaving, he’s got a good thing going on there!
A good thing yes but if they don't start winning (in the future with new wind tunnel etc) he may rethink. Oscar coming in as well may make him want to get into a fast car asap to get some wins under his belt.

I just think of Seb saying to Sharl about not wasting his talent (with Ferrari! ) and how that will get to a point that Lando might just get too frustrated. Saying you are happy to wait to win is easier in theory rather than practice.

• Heart
I think it is a bit unfair to only talk about George here, you can apply the "only loyal to themself" card on absolutely every driver on the grid. The one that romains loyal to their team for a long time (Max, Lewis,Charles for now) do this mostly because there are on top teams and there are no better cars on the grid. But i think that if Ferrari continue to do stupid things, Charles will look elsewhere, even if they support him since the beginning. Same goes for Lando. If McLaren doesn't improve he will take every chance at a better seat he could find.
Very true! The only reason Max ended up at RB is because Helmut promised him an F1 seat straight away, and Mercedes didn't or couldn't offer that.

More interesting Max news: this morning the Dutch police and Fiscal Information and Investigation Service (FIOD) of The Netherlands organized a dawn raid at the home of one of Max's biggest sponsors: the CEO of Jumbo. They conducted the raid because of money laundering and fraud investigations. Jumbo has always been an important sponsor for Max.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I think you're making a very interesting point here. Maybe it's because George doesn't come across as likeable as some other people on the grid? Like Sharl for example, who is actively working on his social media profile with content and such? I am not sure and it might differ per country.
Didn't some media outlets brand George to be selfish for his actions during Dutch GP? (Despite the fact that he simply had the better strategy and wasn't selfish at all)
It's probably much easier to be likeable when you are ridiculously good looking and have a sexy accent!

*Sharl, not George!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Very true! The only reason Max ended up at RB is because Helmut promised him an F1 seat straight away, and Mercedes didn't or couldn't offer that.

More interesting Max news: this morning the Dutch police and Fiscal Information and Investigation Service (FIOD) of The Netherlands organized a dawn raid at the home of one of Max's biggest sponsors: the CEO of Jumbo. They conducted the raid because of money laundering and fraud investigations. Jumbo has always been an important sponsor for Max.
SAY WHAT?!
Jumbo is such a huge sponsor of EVERYTHING. their cycling team is ridiculous.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

i agree with others that every driver puts themselves first - it’s just the nature of the sport. i also don’t fully agree that he’s unlikeable (he did, ultimately, sacrifice his own home race so the marshalls would know where zhou was after the crash). every driver is always going to look for the best seat, the best car, because they all want to be world champion (or open a restaurant). i absolutely don’t think it’s just george.

A good thing yes but if they don't start winning (in the future with new wind tunnel etc) he may rethink. Oscar coming in as well may make him want to get into a fast car asap to get some wins under his belt.

I just think of Seb saying to Sharl about not wasting his talent (with Ferrari! ) and how that will get to a point that Lando might just get too frustrated. Saying you are happy to wait to win is easier in theory rather than practice.
i hope sharl remembers that advice tbh. as it is, he’s going to waste his “golden” years with a team that continually wreck his potential. likewise lando has been the golden boy of mclaren for a little while now, if the momentum shifts to oscar is he really going to feel the same? that dynamic is going to be very interesting to watch.

I just think if George leaves Mercedes, the most successful F1 team in the last decade, any time soon after spending three years on Toto's leash pootling around in P19 in a Williams, it would be the worst career move in F1 history. And that's saying something given Alonso's career choices.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes I feel the same. Do not see Lando leaving, he’s got a good thing going on there!
Does he have a good thing though? It's great to be a number one driver but McLaren's commitment to their design philosophy is going to hold them back.

If they don't improve next year, I wouldn't blame Lando for looking elsewhere. Alfa Romeo and Williams have better facilities than McLaren...the new wind tunnel not going to impact McLaren til 2024. If Lando is still chasing his first win by then and the car isn't good, he'll be gone from McLaren. Similarly, Zak Brown peddling this "Lando could have won 3 races last year", and "Lando doesn't make mistakes" narratives, while I understand bigging up his driver publicly, he is blowing smoke up his youg drivers arse and it's not helpful to Lando's development if he doesn't address those mistakes he made that cost him those apparent wins last year

McLaren are good at their PR, and prottaying the whole papaya family tit, but it's just marketing in my opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We’re all guilty of romanticising drivers here, but ultimately they are all out for the best - whether that means best chance at championships/race wins or best pay, or both.

They also people have a lot of people surrounding them who know just how much money making potential being associated with them can bring.

Most of them either came from money and made even more, or are now worth millions. As a general rule, money doesn’t make nice people.

Rich, powerful white men run the sport that is still (almost largely) run by rich, powerful white men. There’s not going to be any loyalty there for anyone, drivers included. Only to money.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hi, I hope you are all feeeling well/better:)

if anyone wants to see chaos, this is Carlos and Charles, still - like in Pitstop podcast - in Shell beach house :)))
I feel for that girl Lizzie because they behave like two kids at school, but everyone seems to have fun :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi, I hope you are all feeeling well/better:)

if anyone wants to see chaos, this is Carlos and Charles, still - like in Pitstop podcast - in Shell beach house :)))
I feel for that girl Lizzie because they behave like two kids at school, but everyone seems to have fun :LOL:
considering she started off just making tiktoks about f1, she’s doing incredibly now

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.