Formula 1 Wags #144 The King has Risen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random Question... where does Checo live? I assume he's somewhere near Milton Keys at least temporarily, but I also thought I read he lived in Guadalajara.

Reactions: 3
He seems very Mercedes to me! Upper-crust-ish, young, tall, conventionally attractive, glamorous, perfect for a luxury car brand. He fits in with Rosberg and Hamilton. I can't at all see him at Red Bull racing swamp cars and caravans and Zambonis. Might ruin his fake tan. (Sorry, George.)
I guess I mean that I get the impression that he’s one of those people who has always got his eye on climbing the ladder, so if next years car is still tit he won’t be happy.

Reactions: 1
I'm just going to read back as I just skimmed the past page or 2 but George definitely Mercedes lifer and I'm pretty convinced Lando will be the next Red Bull driver ( sooner if McLaren keep bleeping up)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
same pierre. same 🤣

I'm just going to read back as I just skimmed the past page or 2 but George definitely Mercedes lifer and I'm pretty convinced Lando will be the next Red Bull driver ( sooner if McLaren keep bleeping up)
i fully agree with both points! george is never leaving mercedes - if you drew a stereotypical mercedes driver it would literally BE him.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I guess I mean that I get the impression that he’s one of those people who has always got his eye on climbing the ladder, so if next years car is still tit he won’t be happy.
But you can apply that assessment to every driver, can't you? Every driver wants to get into the best team they possibly can while earning as much money as they can. Look at Danny Ric - he promised Renault he was in on their long-term plan, and then he fucked off to McLaren because they were the better team at the time and broke Cyril and Rossi's hearts. I don't blame him for it, and I also don't think it's fair to hold ambition against drivers. They've been taught to be that way their entire lives through karting and junior series.

In any case, I just don't see George leaving Mercedes. They're a top-class team with 7 WDCs and a clear pathway for him to become their no. 1. Plus, where else does he go? McLaren and Red Bull already have established no. 1 drivers. Ferrari has two no. 1 drivers and they're a clown show. Alpine is also a clown show and is limited in scope and ambition by the French government. Aston Martin won't be competitive for years especially with Daddy Stroll making it a one-driver team. Sauber has promise with the Audi buyout but that's well down the line. And as 'tit' as the W13 is, it's still the third fastest car and well clear of the midfield, it's still challenging for wins and podiums and if Ferrari keep Ferrari-ing they'll probably end up 2nd in the constructors'. They have the most reliable engine too and that means a lot especially with Red Bull and Honda's on-off relationship and Ferarri engines' traditional propensity to blow up. Mercedes know how to build a car. It might take a year or two but they will absolutely be back on form. Especially now they've seen two successful concepts in the form of Red Bull and Ferrari...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
can somebody please cheer me up, I'm having a melt down over my driver's licence because it looks so ugly and i only signed with my last name instead of full name and i hate it 😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Max doesn't actually have a new floor - Checo does, Max has the old one.

In general the issue this year for Checo is that the RB18 has developed away from him. It was the heaviest car on the grid at the start of the year and was very stable through corners and understeery and while that suited Checo, Max hated it. He wants an oversteery car with a pointy nose and lots of front-end grip so he can get through slow corners quickly. Then as the year went on and the car lost weight and was developed to be more oversteer-prone Max started performing better and Checo started doing worse. The more oversteer you have the less stable the rear end of the car is and the twitchier and less reliable it is through corners. Checo simply can't handle it as well as Max can - he span out in Zandvoort quali because he was trying to brake like Max does. Which, in all fairness, that's not a dig on Checo. Almost no-one on the grid can cope with the amount of oversteer Max wants because he's a freak. Alex, who also likes oversteer, has said that at Red Bull Max made him feel like he was driving a bus. The worst thing was that Red Bull brought a new floor at one point in an attempt to make the rear of the car more stable but it made the RB18 slower. Max used it in Austria, hated it and asked for the old floor spec back immediately and we've seen how that's worked out for him. Checo kept it for longer because at the time Red Bull didn't have the budget to make a spare of the old one, but they're supposedly going to get him the old floor back for Singapore.
I’ve heard multiple places that max is using the new floor, and the F1 commentators also talked about it a lot the weekend

Reactions: 5
I’ve heard multiple places that max is using the new floor, and the F1 commentators also talked about it a lot the weekend

Max's 'new floor' is the old floor, I think! There has been so much nonsense this season about floors, it's all so confusing.

Reactions: 4
I’ve had the morning from hell thanks anxiety but I really can see checo retiring soon and a junior such as Lawson or Dennis taking his seat

• Heart
@Albrouze @iona.a.smith @StephenTJackson i hope you all are spending tge Irish princess's birthday happy, also hope you're doing alright 💚
Happy birthday to Niall Horan. 🤣 Thanks for associating him with me (and not my original favourite, Liam 😭).

can somebody please cheer me up, I'm having a melt down over my driver's licence because it looks so ugly and i only signed with my last name instead of full name and i hate it 😭😭
Nobody looks good in their driver's licence photo. It's the law. I've taken a driving test in two different countries and neither of my licences look good.

• Heart
Oh Boo! I mean you can always get it redone. I had my wallet stolen last week and actually was kinda relieved because i had an reason to get a new photo. The original one was after I had dental surgery and my face was all swollen and numb on one side in the photo.

• Heart
oh interesting... she is followed by the Brazilian we saw him do this with earlier.....hmmm
1663074361314.png

BRAZIL BABY!!
Collecting babes ahead of Carlandopalooza
(also i really did just book a flight to Colombia/Brazil for Dec/Jan vacation... looking forward to the drama)
1663074449574.png

or.... or.....
is this lando girlfriend interview 2.0?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I love how Lando just doesn't stop following random girls on his main account even though he probably knows there's people checking if there are new girls people in his following list (and that literally everyone can see who he follows lol). If I was aware people were keeping tabs on who i'd be ffollowing, i'd be more discreet with it lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I feel really mean saying this but the only vibe George Russell gives me is that of the mean guy/villain Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town back in the day.

I think George will take advantage of opportunities presented to him and that he will always put himself first. Lando stays with McLaren because they have a two-sided loyalty thing going on. I think George is only loyal to himself. As long as it serves him, he will stick around, but if Lewis whips himself back into shape and becomes a bigger competitive threat to George, I can imagine George looking around for another seat.

I feel really mean saying this but the only vibe George Russell gives me is that of the mean guy/villain Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town back in the day.

I think George will take advantage of opportunities presented to him and that he will always put himself first. Lando stays with McLaren because they have a two-sided loyalty thing going on. I think George is only loyal to himself. As long as it serves him, he will stick around, but if Lewis whips himself back into shape and becomes a bigger competitive threat to George, I can imagine George looking around for another seat.
Yes I feel the same. Do not see Lando leaving, he’s got a good thing going on there!

Reactions: 1
Oh don't you worry too much about that, i think there is a kind of divine law stating that you always have to look awful in your driver licence pic. I honestly look like a wanted criminal on mine 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.