Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

90sgirl

VIP Member
I think this is the most chaotic thread since I’ve been here with all the twist and turns 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Ems_F55

VIP Member
Imagine the messages drivers sending each other over the drama 😂. Can’t post it on the main WhatsApp group so all secret groups with different people

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Blablabla29

VIP Member
He’s a shady bitch. I don’t know why people think he’s a saint. And I don’t dislike him. Just saying 🤷‍♀️
I mean he is a business man of course he is not a saint. I don't agree if he did all of this behind DR back but there is no feelings there. I mean DR is not delivering the results they were expecting (not only his fault but it is not working), they pay him a lot of money and have been patient with him. As much as it pains me to say that because i like DR but i understand why they are looking for another driver. And zak also put mclaren back to their feets after the Ron Dennis mess, i think we should give him crédit for it even if we don't like him.
Once again if he did all of this behind DR's back then yeah it is really messed up.

Reactions: 15

moonbrunette

Took me 2 hours to catch up with this thread but just wanted to say that i LOVE this sport and everyone's clown behavior ❤

• Heart
  • Haha

Dangermouse84

Chatty Member
I mean he is a business man of course he is not a saint. I don't agree if he did all of this behind DR back but there is no feelings there. I mean DR is not delivering the results they were expecting (not only his fault but it is not working), they pay him a lot of money and have been patient with him. As much as it pains me to say that because i like DR but i understand why they are looking for another driver. And zak also put mclaren back to their feets after the Ron Dennis mess, i think we should give him crédit for it even if we don't like him.
Once again if he did all of this behind DR's back then yeah it is really messed up.
DR said it himself, he doesn't take it personally. I'm sure his ego is a bit bruised, but hopefully he can get a seat and bounce back. I think he'll have learned a lot about his driving as he had to work at it in a way he never had to before. He's in it long enough to know the sport is business, sometimes you do well (Renault contract), sometimes you don't (McLaren shithousery).

I think DR was brought in as a team leader and Zak was blinded a bit by Lando's performance and leaned into the quirks of the car rather than build the car that they would have told DR they were building to lure him away from Renault, where he was the lead driver. Not taking away from Lando, he had a great season last year, but Lando says it himself the car is a dog to drive. Will be interesting to see how car development goes when they have a rookie and someone who has only ever driven the quirky car.

Zak isn't the toxic mess that Ron Dennis was, but he's not exactly clean either

• Heart

imolathesecond

VIP Member
Oh my god, just put Danny Ric in the Alpine and Piastri in the McLaren. I love Danny, but it just hasn't worked for him. Let's let him try to have at least a year if rebuilding his reputation with a car he might be able to drive better.
I’m so torn because I want Daniel to be performing better but there’s no guarantee that would happen in the new Alpine. I also don’t want see McLaren collapse by having two young hot headed guys in there. Probably a good time to reveal I’m a Libra, making decisions on anything is not my strong suit.
No matter how things end, I hope everyone has a seat and does well in 2023 so my heart rate can go down again.

aidil

VIP Member
All I have in my head is “we’re all gonna be safe and we’re all gonna have a good time… WHAT THE JESUS CHRIST WAS THAT”

• Haha

MissF1

VIP Member
Okay genuine question to the DR fans….

If he does leave McLaren and sign with another F1 team will you be happy or sad?

As a McLaren my fan I think I would be happy. McLaren need points and it’s just not working. And while I’m not a massive DR fan I do like him so I think a move would be best for him as well.

• Heart