Formula 1 Wags #127 The Mystery of Clive Abiteboul

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously, I know nothing about the loopholes & options in any contracts, but in that Austosport article, Otmar specifically says that Oscar is their choice of driver for the seat (but they haven't been able to get hold of Mark Webber to discuss it.)

"Oscar is our number one preferred candidate. And that's what we're going to do."

I know this is F1 though. So, that seems way too simple. 😂

Reactions: 11
See this is also why I’m not sure it’s happening. Lando’s nowhere near ready to be a mentor, he’s been in the sport for four years, he needs to be mentored.
Ah but this is F1 when did anything ever make sense 😂
Albono to McLaren?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm still not sure he will have. Would Alpine want him there? He left them before and his form hasn't been great the past 2 seasons 🤷🏻‍♀️. Ssdly there's younger blood coming through now and would he want to be Ocons no 2 driver anyway.
If he can drive the car like he did in 2020 he won’t be no 2 driver for long imo. I can see the benefit in taking DR as a more senior driver as Ocon is still on the younger side

Reactions: 8
Actually you guys are forgetting that I’m getting the 2023 McLaren seat and I have my wags ready 💁🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
See this is also why I’m not sure it’s happening. Lando’s nowhere near ready to be a mentor, he’s been in the sport for four years, he needs to be mentored.
Ah but this is F1 when did anything ever make sense 😂
but then at the same time is Esteban really ready to be a mentor either? 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Apparently alpine will post/say something at 2:41pm France time, so in less than one hour (don't ask me why 41 i have no idea), can the summer become even crazier ??? 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Even though Danny isn’t working out at mclaren and I don’t want him there anymore either tbh I dunno where else he can go? Sounds like Zack was going to blind side him though so maybe I need to pick a different team next year to support

FFS I hope McLaren and Zak Brown have a lawyer team like OJ Simpson

• Haha
  • Heart
I personally believe there is only one solution to the 2nd McLaren seat...

MIKA HÄKKINEN COME BACK!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.