Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

comprehensiveg

Chatty Member
I can finally say that I never liked Kelly, I’ve always found her to be a spoiled nepotism baby whose only job is to rely first on her family and then on Max, who she pursued to stay relevant. And I’m not surprised she’s racist too. Can you imagine the dinner conversations between the Verstappens and the Piquets last year? What was surely said about Lewis? Disgusting.

Reactions: 13

ummidk33104

Chatty Member
Also, I was liked by luisinhaoliveira99 on IG. she liked my comment☺ wow im shocked but happy and honored

• Wow
  • Heart

DQSoul

Lewis probably won't be allowed to, but I'll gladly take the knee in support before Sunday's race ✊️

Having been to Brazil many times as a volunteer and having made lifelong friends, I can definitely attest that in some circles (absolutely looking at the Bolsonaro supporters) racism still runs rampant. So given his previous statements regarding Senna en his affiliation, I'm actually surprised he hasn't made any racist comments towards Lewis, or any other POC, before this. Or he probably has and the journalists that interviewed him where sensitive enough to filter his racist * beep *.

• Heart

Sebs Scooter

VIP Member
Long time lurker here. Came across this well-written article on social media about the racial abuse Lewis faces, and had to share ~
https://defector.com/f1-races-as-one-except-when-an-old-racist-comes-for-lewis-hamilton/

"If F1 was serious about the commitment to inclusion that it claims to support, it would recognize that the disinterested response speaks volumes to the drivers it wishes to court, those who share more in common with Hamilton than the nearly monochrome roster currently on display. The moment for a real show of support for its most popular figurehead driver has already passed.

It’s hard to take the sport’s commitment to anti-racism seriously when it would rather move on to the next race than call out an aging bigot looking to settle scores for his daughter’s boyfriend."
Hi and welcome!

Great article and have been a fan of Defector since they started. Quick background on them- they were all writers and editors for a website called Deadspin that had articles about sports and sometimes social issues when they felt it was important to highlight them. The owners of the company gave them a 'stick to sports' directive, taking away editorial oversight and autonomy for the writers. They basically all up and quit collectively and about a year later created Defector as an employee owned company that doesn't have to stick to sports if they don't fucking want to. A lot of great writers and articles have come out of the site. Mainly sports but, more often these days, sports and how these social issues are intertwined.

• Heart

lucha.43

VIP Member
Okay I had faaaar too much time to kill today (don't start work until Monday) so here's my first attempt at paddock outfits...I've put my pinterest inspirations alongside my photoshopped outfits lol. Also sorry if the formatting is bad I have no idea what I'm doing 😅

Keeping it casual and diana-esque. It's warm but not too warm (duuhh it's the UK) so shorts and a t-shirt with a jumper to layer.
IMG_7119.JPG
22.07.02.png

Friday brings rain so time to get whip out a British essential, the trench coat. It is July though so we opt for a shorter version and keep it cute with some heeled boots (no wellies in this paddock - it's not glastonbury)
IMG_7113.JPG
22.07.01.png

The rain has stopped but it's still grey and cloudy, we dress to match and stick to classic tailoring.
IMG_7118.JPG
22.06.30.png

The sun is out for race day, summer dress time. We pop on some platform wedges so we can step in any remaining puddles without a worry. There's always a sweater to hand for when the sun goes down, at the end of the night we slip out of the wedges and run free in the fields of wheat to celebrate our time at silverstone🌾
IMG_7120.JPG
22.07.03.png

• Heart
If he is playing that i use the affectionate word for lewis card, why didn't he use the same affectionate word for max?.

miss_americana

Chatty Member
No this wasn't about you, I just quoted your post because that's what it said. It's about the general situation. Sorry, should've made that clearer. But this absolutely wasn't about you.
Sorry too I jumped a little too quick and am overly emotional as its’s been a hard few days (Mat leave ending next week, 12 month baby review today)

• Heart

imolathesecond

VIP Member
Is Neslon officially involved in Red Bull or just a hanger on? I agree with not holding children responsible for the sins of the parents but she skipped past that now. How can you like something like knowing and having interacted with the person who was hurt by it in real life?? (I'm not saying you should only do the right thing if you know someone in real life who is affected by the issues but it's horrific to know that she knows Lewis, knows what's he's been through and is there liking posts like that)
THIS! I was really hoping she'd be different to her dad. Nelson is not involved in Red Bull, just affiliated with them because of Max. I'm seriously still so shocked about that post.

Yeah she had a great opportunity to show the world that they are not a lined with her views and beliefs then she goes and likes that. It’s going to also cause no end of trouble for Max by no fault of his own as if f1 do ban nelson from all races (can’t see them upholding for Brazil tbh coz he had controls there) but red bull are surly going to have to reprimand Kelly’s access for liking that post. After all they did suspend juri for the exact same thing!
I hope Red Bull hold her to the same moral standard. But let's be honest, they won't. She's their stars girlfriend. What he wants, he gets. And he wants her there. They'll stay silent, instruct press not to ask Max and Checo about it this weekend, and just hope the entire thing disappears.

Greeny17

That Instagram family piquet person who put that thing up with grandma.. gone private and apparently Kelly removed her like after being caught liking it
She didn't remove her like. I followed him before he went private and still can see her like.

• Sad
  • Sick

hellokittymermaid

Chatty Member
Delurking to say that Sebastian Vettel is so articulate and such a great role model. Also Sky obviously cut off Lando’s comments at the beginning of the press conference.

GossipingLily

Chatty Member
Just catching up now and wow, to say I'm disappointed (but not surprised) doesn't even begin to cut it. Firstly I feel terrible for Lewis, not only having to go through racist abuse but also having to do so publicly and constantly having to speak out for yourself and having people dissect what you say or further tear you down must be exhausting.

And secondly, re: Kelly, I was ready to give her the benefit of doubt at first. We all have known family to say terrible things but that doesn't mean we agree with it ourselves. My own family is POC and still says dumb stuff about others at times. But it's clear from her liking and playlists and everything else that she isn't fully opposing of her father's views. Annoys me to no end that younger people still uphold these views. No one has an excuse to be a terrible person really, but with the internet and globalization it boggles my mind that people can still be so narrow minded and prejudicial about others.

Also is there a reason why they are unable to directly name Piquet in their statements?

aidil

VIP Member
I like what Alpine is currently doing on twitter. Calling out people saying that women know nothing about f1 by letting some of their female workers answer them and showing that they probably know a lot more than them 😅

THIS IS AMAZING. What a fabulous idea and a great way to make the trolls look stupid! Go onnn Alpine! 💜🇫🇷

We don’t deserve Seb 🥺😩

• Heart
I'm not even that upset about that, I mean yes that is disgusting of course, but I'm just so mad Bernie Ecclestone is not getting any response within this community. And how quickly they forgot about Piquet. Fucking hypocrites screaming at drivers for statements completely out of their control and now having moved on from the entire topic.
But I will take a break from it, don't worry ❤ I've got to cook something in a little while anyway, great distraction
I've come to the sad conclusion that alot of the newer members of the community are actually just there for creating drama rather than looking at the bigger picture. I can see why older fans of the sport despair at times. There's alot of positives to drivers being more open and visible but some of the people following them are bat shit crazy.
Go cook, listen to the Pitstop podcast if you can get it.. Jenson is lovely, and take a break ❤

• Heart

JustPeachy!

Chatty Member
It's almost like they had an emergency PR briefing or something
I reckon they have all been told look post this tonight before we head onto silverstone as it official starts tomorrow, if you don’t then you have to think on the spot for reporting and press. If you post before you can say “ I’ve already shared my views about this on my social media I won’t be talking anymore about the matter, I’m here to race”