Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

yukinobambino

VIP Member
Honestly impressed by Kelly, do you know how committed to being an asshole you have to be to be racist on SPOTIFY.COM?

• Haha
Reactions: 23

yukinobambino

VIP Member
Kelly liking that post defending her father, yeah fuck her. So much energy for "keyboard warriors" and "online bullies" but none for him? I'm sure she's on Instagram create mode drafting a "spread love" statement as we speak

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Bernie has never liked Lewis. So his comments are not surprising. Realistically he probably agrees with Piquet and is probably as much of a racist cunt as we think he is.

imolathesecond

VIP Member
Gaining lots of traction in the U.K. now. It’s been mentioned on the news in the radio and is one of
the top items on the BBC home page. Would assume it’s hopefully going to be on the 6pm news front and centre (as it should be).
I feel so sad this Lewis is dealing with this shit in the week of his home race.
It's in every major newspaper in Germany as well. How is this blowing up one year after it happened? Why didn't we hear of it before? That speaks volumes...

I also think it’s quite inappropriate of McLaren to post a fun picture including Lewis without addressing it to be honest.

Lily ❤

• Heart

valen_

On a wholesome note, today is Latifi’s birthday and I just came across this TikTok of him being surprised to see how many people came to his meet and greet yesterday 🥺

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

Futtrit

VIP Member
Fucking old white men fucking ruining EVERYTHING with their rancid hatred and greed.

I'm so fucking annoyed. FUCK THE FUCKING PATRIARCHY

• Heart
  • Angry

imolathesecond

VIP Member
Alrighty, Silverstone fits. We're not going all out this weekend because it feels inappropriate given the state of the world but also given the performance of my team...

Yes, we're doing media day - because there's bound to be some drama...
IMG_0023.JPG
Channeling some Heidi/Geri vibes again but doing it much cooler than Geri, mind you
IMG_0021.JPG
A nice outfit to cry in when my boys don't make it into Q3
IMG_0024.JPG
And the same for when they don't get points
IMG_0025.JPG
What I actually want to wear
IMG_0026.JPG

• Heart
  • Haha

Blablabla29

VIP Member
I just went on twitter and found this article of Lando talking about bullying and the pressure to be in F1. He even talks about the hate Luisa gets. It honestly almost make me cry 😢 I can't imagine how hard it must be for them...

Screenshot_20220630-085624_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220630-085647_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220630-085701_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220630-085745_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220630-085804_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
You’ve opened a legal can of worms now and I’m ready to bore you all to tears with the answer hahaha

If any person or team with sufficient influence was to outright name him it would open them up to defamation claims from Nelson.

By definition, defamation is making a statement that has caused or is likely to cause harm to someone’s reputation.

You may be saying ‘well he’s done that himself by making that statement’ and whilst that’s true, the exposure the drivers and the teams have means any statement they could make naming him would increase the number of people who know about the issue and would cause more harm to his reputation than already existed before they posted.

Under UK law Nelson would have to prove four points (1) a defamatory statement was made, (2) the statement was published by the defendant (in this case it could be a team or person) (3) the statement refers to Nelson and (4) the defamatory statement is likely to cause serious harm to his reputation.

There are defences which the defendant would have the burden to prove (truth, honest opinion, privilege, public interest etc.) but these would be hotly contested by both sides and a legal case would drag on for a year at the very least unless they decided to pursue alternative dispute resolution or settle the matter before trial. Any settlement would likely involve compensatory payments and public apologies/retractions.
It happened to one of my friend/colleague at work a guy used the N word to great someone that was coming back from holiday ( to tell him it was tan)
My friend decided to report it to HR as she had witnesses as he said it in front of everybody … long story short after months of investigations and auditions and intimidation for it to not be legal she ended up being the one being asked to go to anger management cause according to them she should have handled the situation better … 🤪

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad

Agatha—

I was driving my dad to a medical appointment near by and told him what’s going on with NP and my dad answer “he’s been a jerk since the eighties, he was terrible to Senna, the only surprise is that media still talks about him, I never liked him”

yukinobambino

VIP Member
I feel some of y'all are being rather...optimistic assuming Max will say anything about this when his girl and her senile father are involved and when his own history with racism is still there.

• Sad

imolathesecond

VIP Member
I hope there is a united front in defence of Lewis but I'm not holding my breath to be honest. The media teams needs to ensure all the drivers are saying the right thing this weekend not just brushing it aside.
About this and Roe v Wade. At least Seb and Lewis will be asked about it.

*cough* Daniel *cough* I love you man but please don't say you don't watch the news again, come on, I know you know what's happening so please don't fuck up again

• Heart
Reactions: 20

maisie20

VIP Member
I agree, this is his girlfriends father. At the very least he knows about Kelly's stance. And if he absolutely doesn't no way agrees with their beliefs, he wouldn't be with this family.
I don’t want to be too harsh yet and draw conclusions but I just want to give an example from my own life.
In the last thread I talked about dumping my ex and one of the reasons was he was ‘pro life’ (more like pro forced birth) but so were his family in a BIG way. They canvassed for a no vote in the abortion referendum, hung up those awful graphic anti abortion signs and even held fundraisers for anti abortion charities. The whole thing made me sick and I knew I couldn’t be part of the family, no way, they didn’t respect my autonomy and basic rights.
I say all this to say max has much more ties to Kelly then I had with my ex which made it easier for me to break up with him and walk away from the family. I don’t know Max’s personal beliefs or his relationship with Kelly and her family. It’s a mess for him

• Heart

JustPeachy!

Chatty Member
Lewis has the ultimate FU to pique … made a citizen of his “country” Brazil! Piquet is old and washed up views. Still don’t like him from implying Senna was hiding his true sexuality and talking shit about him after he died. I want Williams and mclaren to say something about his actions as he is a former driver of both teams. He also raced for Benetton who were brought out by Renault which is now alpine