Formula 1 Wags #103

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Damon hill rivals PDR as my most disliked presenter. He’s like the embodiment of this meme for me:
6BD59169-D5F3-4E72-89A9-D56BCC087C11.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
No I’m sure it won’t. If he’s genuinely quick off the line that’s because he’s good and he’s there on merit 🤷🏻‍♀️

On another note, I hate the narrative of ‘Lando deserves a better team’… it’s just so annoying on so many levels because when he podiums people praise McLaren all of a sudden, they're a team for a reason, good and bad times
They both deserve a better car. At least when they both don't do well, McLaren start looking at the car

Poor Lando stuck there til 2025 with no exit clauses too, but maybe with the wind tunnel coming, their car development will move quicker

Reactions: 1
They both deserve a better car. At least when they both don't do well, McLaren start looking at the car

Poor Lando stuck there til 2025 with no exit clauses too, but maybe with the wind tunnel coming, their car development will move quicker
I'm sure there are exit clauses, pretty much everyone has them, Lando's manager is extremely experiences with contract stuff as he's done that for ages. They do deserve a better car, but saying they deserve a better team is just so disrespectful to all the hardworking people, sacrificing a lot of their private lives to have a car up and running every week. That's what bothers me, this is a team sport after all.

Reactions: 4
Also, how gorgeous is Naomi Schiff looking today? Love her hair and dress (now I can see it properly...it looked like a T-shirt earlier in FP3 when she had the track bib over the top, but now can see it's a wrap).

I also really need her F1 necklace.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm sure there are exit clauses, pretty much everyone has them. They do deserve a better car, but saying they deserve a better team is just so disrespectful to all the hardworking people, sacrificing a lot of their private lives to have a car up and running every week. That's what bothers me, this is a team sport after all.
Yes fully agree about the team, it's a huge operation and everyone is working so hard

Regarding the contract, maybe Andreas is trying to keep vultures from other teams away, but apparently there aren't any exit clauses...unless it gets bought out?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Hi dad 🤩 feel like we’ve not seen toto in ages
View attachment 1335438
Yeah I've missed Toto Cam. But now it's probably just a sad sulking Toto

Yes fully agree about the team, it's a huge operation and everyone is working so hard

Regarding the contract, maybe Andreas is trying to keep vultures from other teams away, but apparently there aren't any exit clauses...unless it gets bought out?
yes this is what i heard earlier on.... which was part of the reason they signed him for so long. he of course wanted options, but also made it clear if he was at mclaren he wanted the team putting him first (as he should). I dont think lando wants to leave mclaren, but if they cant come though its really gonna be hard in 3 years time on him after such an improvement over the past 3.

Reactions: 1

Of course Andreas wouldn't come out and say it, they need to prove to the outside world their commitment to one another. But Lando hints at it despite saying he's committed. If Lando really wanted to, he could get out, I'm sure. Not sure if McLaren could kick him out, which is only a win for Lando on all fronts.

Lewis saying he's not concerned about a penalty leaves a bad taste, he doesn't see anything wrong he says.

Reactions: 3
I'm sure there are exit clauses, pretty much everyone has them, Lando's manager is extremely experiences with contract stuff as he's done that for ages. They do deserve a better car, but saying they deserve a better team is just so disrespectful to all the hardworking people, sacrificing a lot of their private lives to have a car up and running every week. That's what bothers me, this is a team sport after all.
100% agree, Lando and his manager would have been absolute idiots not to put any exit clauses in a 4 year contract 😅
I think people seem to mix up Andreas saying there are no performance clauses on mclarens side (meaning they cant kick Lando out early type clause) with there being no clauses whatsoever which i doubt.
Also briefly remember and interviewer asking him if he had any exit clauses just incase the car was terrible and he just smirked 😅

Reactions: 5
Agree - also sure there are exit clauses but I suspect with the changes to McLaren factory with their wind tunnel coming online and new sim that they will improve. McLaren have always said they are aiming for 2024. The question you hear is the media is whether it will be quick enough for Lando. He’s still 22 and there’s time. He’ll be 26 when his deal ends. Not even what’s considered the prime age for f1 drivers. I’m sure he’s well aware what he signed up for and will be patient.

oh interesting Lewis just admitted on sky that he was looking for the tow which is why is went offline. Interesting hearing landos engineer saying don’t let him play games, saying he’s the lead car and that he’d be in trouble, not Lando.

Fell asleep just after Stroll crashed and missed the whole thing 😂 just woke up so have no clue what has happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Lewis saying he wanted a tow because mercedes are slow in a straight line as if the mclarens being him aren't also horrifically slow in a straight line 😅

• Haha
Agree - also sure there are exit clauses but I suspect with the changes to McLaren factory with their wind tunnel coming online and new sim that they will improve. McLaren have always said they are aiming for 2024. The question you hear is the media is whether it will be quick enough for Lando. He’s still 22 and there’s time. He’ll be 26 when his deal ends. Not even what’s considered the prime age for f1 drivers. I’m sure he’s well aware what he signed up for and will be patient.
If they get the wind tunnel and the new sim done in time for 2024, the first car that'll benefit from that is the 2025 car. And by then, Lando will be in the last year of his deal. So this is really smart, if it still doesn't work by then he can leave without breaking any contracts and if he's fighting for a championship, he can extend his contract.
He wouldn't have had any options for the coming years anyway, only potential 'downgrades'. So staying with a team you like and are comfortable with seems like a no brainer until they either improve or you can leave to another team with potential retirements coming around that time (looking at people like Lewis and Checo here).

Reactions: 6
It's also pretty cool that by the end of landos contract he will be either close to or break David Couthards record for most races with Mclaren dependent on the number of races in the next few seasons

Reactions: 6
Well on the good side, no one constantly pointing out the gap between them

ooooh... Toto complimenting Pierre.... hmmmm
Here in the Netherlands they have always something to say about Daniel.
What he had did its always negative.
So annoying.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.