Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to say always like Seb. The cheeky smile he had when younger. The only time I did not like him was that incident with Webber (Multi 21). But he is not the "rock star" of F1 he his pretty humble. 😊
i’ve always had a soft spot for him too (even though fellow blondes aren’t usually my type 🤣) - even in his multi-21 days i think you could see he was a sweet and good person. i always remember him sobbing on the radio on his wdc and singing goodbye to ferrari (in italian) when he left them, even after how rubbish they were in his final year and arguably lost him another wdc. he is genuinely lovely and supportive with younger drivers too (mick being an obvious one but always loved his vibe with charles too). i can’t believe we’re losing him this year 😭

Reactions: 4
i’ve always had a soft spot for him too (even though fellow blondes aren’t usually my type 🤣) - even in his multi-21 days i think you could see he was a sweet and good person. i always remember him sobbing on the radio on his wdc and singing goodbye to ferrari (in italian) when he left them, even after how rubbish they were in his final year and arguably lost him another wdc. he is genuinely lovely and supportive with younger drivers too (mick being an obvious one but always loved his vibe with charles too). i can’t believe we’re losing him this year 😭
I know it's gonna hurt the last race. Not looking forward to it.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
hhhhmmmm?

i like mick very much but i can’t deny that he hasn’t really done that well in f1 beyond being an obviously lovely guy. i suppose this all depends on what happens with nyck but i would kinda prefer to see sargeant given a chance rather than a driver who has already been average-ish with another team (sorry mick!)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
hhhhmmmm?

i like mick very much but i can’t deny that he hasn’t really done that well in f1 beyond being an obviously lovely guy. i suppose this all depends on what happens with nyck but i would kinda prefer to see sargeant given a chance rather than a driver who has already been average-ish with another team (sorry mick!)
Interesting. Honestly, I had never heard of Sargeant until a few months ago. Anyone know anything about him as a racer? Is he likely to accrue enough points for a super license? All I know is about his family politics, but it's probably best not to delve into the political views of a lot of drivers/their families.

Interesting. Honestly, I had never heard of Sargeant until a few months ago. Anyone know anything about him as a racer? Is he likely to accrue enough points for a super license? All I know is about his family politics, but it's probably best not to delve into the political views of a lot of drivers/their families.
oooo i know nothing about him as a person! tell me
more 🧐 i’ve just seen he’s from florida though and i don’t want to be stereotypical but 😬 (apologies to florida) i only know of him through watching f2, where he’s been solid to be fair (he’s had two wins to my memory, and maybe four podiums?) and i’m always a fan of giving young drivers the opportunity as opposed to just moving average f1 drivers around teams - but i do also like mick a lot and would be sad to see him go.

i guess it’s all on what happens with pierre now for the other pieces to fall into place!

Reactions: 2
Yeah the Pierre thing is taking a while to come out. I’ve never heard of Sargeant before being linked to the Williams seat

more 🧐 i’ve just seen he’s from florida though and i don’t want to be stereotypical but 😬 (apologies to florida) i only know of him through watching f2, where he’s been solid to be fair (he’s had two wins to my memory, and maybe four podiums?) and i’m always a fan of giving young drivers the opportunity as opposed to just moving average f1 drivers around teams - but i do also like mick a lot and would be sad to see him go.

i guess it’s all on what happens with pierre now for the other pieces to fall into place!
Honestly, don't know anything about him personally at all. I barely know what he looks like. His uncle is Harry Sargeant and he is a billionaire with connections in some Trump scandals. He may think his uncle is great. He may have denounced his actions. No clue 😂

I agree about young drivers getting an opportunity. That's why I don't understand why Hulkenberg is possibly in contention for the potential Haas seat.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Honestly, don't know anything about him personally at all. I barely know what he looks like. His uncle is Harry Sargeant and he is a billionaire with connections in some Trump scandals. He may think his uncle is great. He may have denounced his actions. No clue 😂

I agree about young drivers getting an opportunity. That's why I don't understand why Hulkenberg is possibly in contention for the potential Haas seat.
oooo interesting!

i feel that way about hulkenberg too - i like him and everything but i don’t really agree with moving drivers who have already had a shot around mid-level teams (likewise moving mick from haas to williams potentially). hulkenberg has had more than a few tries at f1 so i don’t know why you wouldn’t try someone new when you already have a dependable experienced driver in kmag.

Reactions: 3
oooo interesting!

i feel that way about hulkenberg too - i like him and everything but i don’t really agree with moving drivers who have already had a shot around mid-level teams (likewise moving mick from haas to williams potentially). hulkenberg has had more than a few tries at f1 so i don’t know why you wouldn’t try someone new when you already have a dependable experienced driver in kmag.
K Mag this year does go to show what having a midfield driver can do for your team though. There’s no way Mazepin would have scored any of those points given he was always seconds behind Mick. I guess if you replace Mick with Hulk then you’ve got two who will be grabbing points. There was a season (might have been 2020) when Hulk was almost always in P7 or so it seemed.

Reactions: 6
K Mag this year does go to show what having a midfield driver can do for your team though. There’s no way Mazepin would have scored any of those points given he was always seconds behind Mick. I guess if you replace Mick with Hulk then you’ve got two who will be grabbing points. There was a season (might have been 2020) when Hulk was almost always in P7 or so it seemed.
I liked to see Hulk back but also keep Mick, yeah I know he has hardly done that great this year bit deserves another year as Haas are getting better. At the end of day Haas need money so they'll pick a driver who brings the money.
Cmon Pierre get this move done and them the domino effects continues.

that’s a very fair point! i was always a fan of hulk so didn’t mean for my post to be so dismissive of him 🤣 ultimately i would like mick to get a little more time though rather than being moved around!

I do like Hulk and he was always pretty consistent. I'd just not want him to come back and fizzle out like Danny ric seems to be. I don't think Mick has set F1 alight as nice as he seems.

• Heart

I know nothing about him outside of F2 and F3.
But after Abu Dhabi he should have enough points it he can stay top 5.
He's currently running in 3rd place as a rookie

So there was a rumour many months ago Williams had a whole folder on sergeant as they were monitoring him very closely so I think they’re gonna go for him over any of the others

What’s going on with these certificates? Getting a bit late in the day. Assume they weren’t given out Japan time as their Wednesday is already over

ETA just seen it’s been delayed until Monday so another weekend of speculation

What’s going on with these certificates? Getting a bit late in the day. Assume they weren’t given out Japan time as their Wednesday is already over

ETA just seen it’s been delayed until Monday so another weekend of speculation
It‘s getting ridiculous! But I‘m thinking this means that there are now major consequences as it would be cruel for Max to possibly win his 2nd WDC only to then be told actually no, it‘s „only“ your first.

It‘s getting ridiculous! But I‘m thinking this means that there are now major consequences as it would be cruel for Max to possibly win his 2nd WDC only to then be told actually no, it‘s „only“ your first.
There’ll be no coming back for the F1 or the FIA in terms of credibility if they take last years championship off Max given how it was won and the fact it was investigated and he kept it. To take it away now would undermine any future wins and I don’t think they can expose themselves to that

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.